Novel Theory of Ani-Aging

i concede on saying ur perspective is the same as SENS

yes , they do believe damage can be slowed modestly but they discourage this approach without their damage repair technology .

the fundamental program for ageing IMO is the telomeres . single celled eukaryotes called paramecium can reproduce sexually and asexually . but asexually their telomeres shorten , and thus they have limited divisions they can make without finding a mate to sex and restore the offspring's telomeres . therefore paramecium that only reproduce asexually will die out .

i am speculateing that telomeric ageing evolved when single cells were given the option to reproduce sexually . u can think of the human body of a very large clump of human cells in symbiosis divideing (akin to asexual reproduction) with the goal of sexual reproduction , because the telomeres shorten with divisions .

telomeric ageing is IMO the most primitive aspect of programmed ageing , but in animals the program is much more complex . gene expression changes with age , part of this is programmed (self destructive) and part of this is adaptive ; the body is at war with itself until it dies . i dont believe this is an accident but it was beneficial for evolution .

ur say that ageing is programmed in shorter lived species . this is definitely true , a mouse clearly is programmed to not live long , its not some accident , there no real benefit for antagonistic pleiotropy alone to cause this .

u brought up greenland shark as a neglible senescence animal . well , first of all , ill mention their body temperature is around 1 degree celsius (extreeeemly cold) , which could be important mechanistically . but my main point is that their ancestors have probably had extreme longevity since ancient times (i did not check this yet) . well what were *our* ancestors ? the answer is monkeys , a short lived species . so if ageing is programmed for short lived species due to evolutionary pressure , then i would say that we have been evolveing to resist and undo this program since our livespan has been increaseing , but human lifespan is very recent in evolution unlike (presumeably) greenland sharks . so maybe we arent benefited much by the program of ageing , but our ancestors were . and the selection shadow and antagonistic pleiotropic genes would make the trend toward longevity a slow one (although it seems to have been gradually lengthening) .

so we still do have a program for ageing . the telomere shortening limits our lifespan at a predicted age of 125 years . well , certain damages can also shorten telomeres , and we can mitigate this to prevent accelerated ageing , but replicative senesensce can only be slowed by slowing cell division . i think we have a program for ageing because , as u yourself said , shorter lived species do , and i think at best this ancient program has a lingering effect in us today , and at worse there is still pressure to age in modern humans . but if u look at what happens during ageing , it is hard not to conclude that the body seems to *destroy itself* with age , people think of these destructive processes as dysfunctions but these "dysfunctions" seem to be deliberately hostile IMO . damage accumulation is accelerated in many lethal ways and endogenous antioxidants dangerously fall . also , take DNA methylation , DNA methylation is said to function as a way of gene expression control for organisms to "adapt" during their lifespan . if this is so , then reverseing DNAm age would *hasten* death . and now some aspects do seem to be adaptive to age but others not . it could still be reasoned that these harmful DNAm changes are dysfunctions , but i disagree . i find it interesting that OSKM expression can de-age cells , but too much OSKM expression and the cell is an induced pluripotent stem cell . this shows that DNAm ageing and developmental DNAm are connected . and development is a program . FSH and LH increase in specific times in development to modulate development . they also increase multi-fold in midlife during the time of female menopause (in both men and women) . this suspiciously seems like part of the ageing/death program . in salmon , the fish die shortly after reproduction and coincidently get a massive surge of of FSH increased by 4500% .

well i do think u may be onto something . there are things that can induce telomerase in somatic cells to lengthen telomeres (currently nothing proven to lengthen telomeres even close to enough to counter shortening) . telomere shortening IMO is the most ancient program for ageing , and we have the genes to lengthen them (obv all animals lengthen the germline cells , suspicious how they shut off telomerase in somatic cells . the cancer trade off perspective is weak IMO , and actually short telomeres are damageing to DNA and can induce cancer . also , i dont believe in trade offs as biological limits , but they are just lazy evolution when there is insuffienct evolutionary pressure )

sounds like ur describeing hormesis . well , i assure u that the majority of the damage that accumulates with age comes from metabolic processes essential to basic normal human functioning . it is perplexing , the phenomenon how increased damage can lead to overcompensation in stress resistance .
@autistic_tendencies thoughts ?

@autistic_tendencies thoughts ?
Really complicated explanation
For me to reduce aging :
Body repair must exceed damage
eliminate toxins from the diet and environment
Lower stress and over breathing

nice try , but this is incorrect . its also not a novel theory , this is the SENS perspective .

ageing is programmed . damage accumulation is the result of ageing not the cause .
Aging isn't programmed, it's just a problem that evolution doesn't care about. Reproduction is good enough to keep our species alive without having to fix aging, there's no need for our bodies to not age when we can reproduce.

Yeah obviously
Telomere length is mostly genetic, and long telomeres can add a good ten years to your slaying window (if you ever looksmax to that point). A good sign of telomere is acne even though it'll be a huge failo in your teenage years. Dermatologists have known for a long time that patients with acne age slower, and researchers have discovered it's because acne is in part caused by longer telomeres.

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies
Many centenarians eat a diet based on mostly animal products. People who live in Sardinia are mostly fish and eat cheese with maggots on them and live around 90 years. The japanese and koreans consume a lot of fish too and live a lot. The jews want you to eat oatmeal and vegetables so you starve and get cucked by big pharma
Asians eat alot of veges

Good thread, will follow this advice after J do a bit more research

Sending you wealth and prosperity, $$$$$$$$ incoming !!!!

Telomere length is mostly genetic, and long telomeres can add a good ten years to your slaying window (if you ever looksmax to that point). A good sign of telomere is acne even though it'll be a huge failo in your teenage years. Dermatologists have known for a long time that patients with acne age slower, and researchers have discovered it's because acne is in part caused by longer telomeres.
The excess oils on the face which produce acne also keep the skin lubricated so it doesn’t dry out and age