NYC maxillofacial surgeons that will do lefort 2?

E

entropy137

Bronze
I'm consulting with Dr.Neugarten in NYC right now for bimax. He says my insurance will cover the surgery since I have verified severe obstructive sleep apnea. The problem is I want a lefort 2 and he said the best he can do is a high lefort 1 for 10mm. Anyone know a doc that will do lefort 2 advancement or have tips to talk him into it? I also consulted with another doc in the area who said that lefort 2 surgery is rare because typically it's either a lefort 1 or 3 that's done and lefort 3 is only on Crouzon syndrome patients.

• +1
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro, Deleted member 7776, AlwaysHaveQuestions and 1 other person
keep consulting with surgeons bro

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7776, Deleted member 4430 and entropy137
I guess I'll just have to keep playing the numbers game, just like with tinder.
I also need a Lefort 2 or 3. Let me know if you find a surgeon and I’ll do likewise.

Why do you want a LeFort II? This is the rarest of the LeForts and really no less risk than a LeFort III. It is also the least stable.

If you don’t have the central midfacial hypoplasia Which is rare this is not going to be an aesthetic improvement.

Better off with LeFort III and will be easier to find a surgeon for LeFort III.

• +1
Reactions: Patient A, Be_ConfidentBro, Deleted member 4887 and 3 others
Can you have bad maxilla and good jaw at same times ?

how much higher are the risks of high lefort 1 compared to a normal lefort 1? also do you have any before afters of hgih lefort 1?

High Lefort 1 is great tbh.

NYC sucks for blackpilled surgeons. I can’t even find someone who does good fillers around here.

The cost of living is so high they have to rely on spamming the most common procedures just to get by. Only reason I can really think of.

Why do you want a LeFort II? This is the rarest of the LeForts and really no less risk than a LeFort III. It is also the least stable.

If you don’t have the central midfacial hypoplasia Which is rare this is not going to be an aesthetic improvement.

So Lefort 3 can bring aesthetics improvments even withojt hypoplasia.
What are the benefits that a normal person could have from a L3? Why would a normal person consider it as aesthetic procedure?

Ty for your work @RealSurgerymax

My understanding was that it's significant ly less risky than lefort 3. I have under eye hollowness and a recessed nose bridge. I suppose a high lefort 1 plus infraorbital implants and a rhino will give the same result, but since the insurance is covering the cost, I'd rather just get a lefort 2 if possible.

• +1
Reactions: joseph

Does this qualify as midfacial hypoplasia?

Attachments

• IMG_20201019_055253.jpg
    IMG_20201019_055253.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20201001_135658.jpg
    IMG_20201001_135658.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20200925_062151.jpg
    IMG_20200925_062151.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 30
  • +1
Reactions: joseph
My understanding was that it's significant ly less risky than lefort 3. I have under eye hollowness and a recessed nose bridge. I suppose a high lefort 1 plus infraorbital implants and a rhino will give the same result, but since the insurance is covering the cost, I'd rather just get a lefort 2 if possible.
So Lefort 3 can bring aesthetics improvments even withojt hypoplasia.
What are the benefits that a normal person could have from a L3? Why would a normal person consider it as aesthetic procedure?

Ty for your work @RealSurgerymax

Please notice I said Central Midfacial Hypoplasia:

Meaning infraorbital-malar region of the maxilla is not so retruded but only the central midface, basically the area around the nose.

Yes this is actually Central Midfacial Hypoplasia so you are a rare candidate for a LeFort II.

Central Midfacial Hypoplasia is more common in Asians.

• +1
Reactions: Patient A, Be_ConfidentBro and entropy137