OFFICIAL contactmaxxing guide

A

ArabIncel

Solstice
I've read many, many threads on colored eye contacts here and they're all grade A bullshit. Most people just don't know what they're talking about when it comes to colored eye contacts. They keep listing contacts from brands like Desio or Solotica. The thing is, while some of these brands have okay-decent contacts, none of them have top-tier contacts. If you're going to fraud eye color with colored eye contacts, you'd want the best of the best. There are no shortcuts around this. So here is EXACTLY what you need to do.

This is the brand you want: 9mmsfx.

Here is their website: https://www.shop.9mmsfx.net/

Now let me explain why this brand is the best. If you go under the "about us" section on the website and read what they do, they primarily make colored eye contacts for the entertainment industry (movies, TV shows, etc.). Here's what they say about themselves:

"9mm Sfx provides the entertainment industry with professional hand painted contact lenses.

Founded pre-apocalypse in 1999 by owners Kevin and Ginni Carter, 9mm Sfx has provided fx contact lenses to hundreds of films and television productions. With our knowledge and expertise we will provide your production with the highest quality in hand painted contact lenses."

And this isn't some advertising bullshit either. Because they provide proof for this. The owner, Kevin Carter, links his IMDb profile.

Here's his profile: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1349569/

As you can see, he works for the makeup department crew and the special effects crew for various movies and TV shows. If you go to the lMDb link above and scroll down, you'll see an entire section of credits. There you can see all the movies/TV shows he's created contacts for. There are over 100 credits provided. So this really is legit.

Anyways, coming back to the website (9mmsfx), this is where you want to buy your colored eye contacts from. Now go to the link to the website above and go to "natural" under the "shop by category" tab (here is a direct link to the page this leads to: https://www.shop.9mmsfx.net/Natural_c6.htm ). Here is what it says there:

"The Natural Blue, Light Blue and Chestnut Brown in this section are based off of real human eyes and are the most realistic. The Natural Green and Light Green are also based off of a real iris pattern, however, they are painted in a color scheme that is not. The other colors are painted in a natural style, but are not based on real iris patterns or colors therefore are not suggested for actors who are changing eye colors for film."

So, based on what they say here, you want to purchase either natural blue, light blue, chestnut brown, natural green, or light green. These are generally like $225-250 USD per contact but right now it seems they're a bit lower due to some kind of sale. So remember, they sell per contact. Meaning, the price listed is for just a single contact. Of course everyone is going to be buying two contacts. In that case you'll be spending $400-500 USD for these.

It doesn't say on their website but (based on my emailing them) these contacts generally last a year after daily use (like if you use them for several hours each day, you can expect to use them for a year before you have to re-buy).

Also when you go to buy the contacts, there's a bunch of measurements you need to provide. For some of these you'll obviously have to go to your optometrist. Here's something important: pupil diameter. This is one of the measurements they want. It's self-explanatory what it is, but here's why it's really important: most colored eye contacts have a pretty large pupil hole as compared to an actual eye. That's obviously because they want you to be able to see through them properly. Back in 2008-2012 when companies like Solotica used to make colored eye contacts, they would have the pupil hole be fairly small to be as realistic as possible. But then some people kept complaining about how it's difficult for them to see through them sometimes, so nowadays when these companies make colored eye contacts, they make the pupil hole fairly large. Too large, actually. It just doesn't look as realistic. With 9mmsfx you get to decide how big you want the pupil hole to be. Under the pupil diameter category when purchasing the contact, it gives three options: 4.0 mm, 4.5 mm, and 5.0 mm. 4.5 mm is the standard. If you want it to be a bit bigger you go for 5.0 mm or if you want it to be a bit smaller you go for 4.0 mm (it's +$15 USD extra either way). Of course go for 4.0 mm for the contact to look as realistic as possible. Also for the clear edge category when purchasing the contact, select NO. You absolutely do not want this.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: m0ss26, AscendingHero, Deleted member 13197 and 9 others

High IQ thread OP

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: angelo and JihadChad
nice thread but what color should i use if i have dark eyes dark hair dark eyebrows dark lashes

• +1
Reactions: ArabIncel
Excellent thread but damn those are pricey. True tho that if you are gonna fraud with contacts, you gotta go for the best of best. Gonna cop those natural light green ones.

• +1
Reactions: greywind, AscendingHero, Deleted member 6403 and 2 others
too expensive for me tbh but seems worth it.

anyone got more contact shops links?

Ok i have a question.

I have blue eyes but they are dark blue

Where can I get contacts that lighten my eyes to meeks tier coloring?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403
i thought the clear edge option gives more realistic color since the edge of the iris is always dark even on colored eyes?

• +1
Ok i have a question.

I have blue eyes but they are dark blue

Where can I get contacts that lighten my eyes to meeks tier coloring?
the light blue ones should work.

• +1
My thread isn't bullshit if you want a subtle change that looks super natural

For drastic change FXeyes only.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
Excellent thread but damn those are pricey. True tho that if you are gonna fraud with contacts, you gotta go for the best of best. Gonna cop those natural light green ones.

yeah light greens are the ones I’m going to buy as well at some point. Just make sure all your measurements are on point (checking with optometrist and so on), because I think you can’t return them. So if you order with wrong measurements, you’d have to buy again. And just remember to order “4.0 mm” pupil diameter and select “no” for clear edge

• +1
Reactions: SexyMofo
My thread isn't bullshit if you want a subtle change that looks super natural

For drastic change FXeyes only.

Most people shouldn’t want a subtle change though I’d say. Light greens or death for ethnics

i thought the clear edge option gives more realistic color since the edge of the iris is always dark even on colored eyes?

the clear edge option will just have the edge be clear in the sense that it’d match the color of the rest of the contact. So it wouldn’t be darker on the ends if you select a clear edge. Since you want the dark limbal ring you're talking about, you’d have to select “no” for clear edge. That’s why I said to select “no” in OP

• +1
Reactions: hopemaxxer
Most people shouldn’t want a subtle change though I’d say. Light greens or death for ethnics
yeah
I will invest my money in these for when I'm out of town looking for slays
Eye halo is the strongest halo if you have good shape already but shit color

fuck my eye color tbh

@ArabIncel
do u use these?

@ArabIncel
do u use these?

I haven’t purchased them yet. But these are the ones (specifically 9mmsfx light greens) I will purchase in the near future.

I haven’t purchased them yet. But these are the ones (specifically 9mmsfx light greens) I will purchase in the near future.
isnt light blue better for us arabs?
i feel like the contrast with the skin would be better

yeah light greens are the ones I’m going to buy as well at some point. Just make sure all your measurements are on point (checking with optometrist and so on), because I think you can’t return them. So if you order with wrong measurements, you’d have to buy again. And just remember to order “4.0 mm” pupil diameter and select “no” for clear edge
yeah they look great, i already have green eyes so i’m trying to get them to look way more striking. for sure, i have an appointment soon so I’ll ask for all the measurements they require.

• +1
isnt light blue better for us arabs?
i feel like the contrast with the skin would be better

I think blue eyes look more uncanny on curries and arabs than green eyes. At least from what I’ve seen. You can’t go wrong with either though. Both are way better than dark brown eyes.

I think blue eyes look more uncanny on curries and arabs than green eyes. At least from what I’ve seen. You can’t go wrong with either though. Both are way better than dark brown eyes.
alright sick
this will easily be the biggest looksmax for me so far

>official guide

>doesnt mention permeability

stop proving ethnic sterotypes right

the clear edge option will just have the edge be clear in the sense that it’d match the color of the rest of the contact. So it wouldn’t be darker on the ends if you select a clear edge. Since you want the dark limbal ring you're talking about, you’d have to select “no” for clear edge. That’s why I said to select “no” in OP
I still can't figure out what a "clear edge" is.

Seems like 9mmsfx have reduced their range of cosmetic contacts now.

I've read many, many threads on colored eye contacts here and they're all grade A bullshit. Most people just don't know what they're talking about when it comes to colored eye contacts. They keep listing contacts from brands like Desio or Solotica. The thing is, while some of these brands have okay-decent contacts, none of them have top-tier contacts. If you're going to fraud eye color with colored eye contacts, you'd want the best of the best. There are no shortcuts around this. So here is EXACTLY what you need to do.

This is the brand you want: 9mmsfx.

Here is their website: https://www.shop.9mmsfx.net/

Now let me explain why this brand is the best. If you go under the "about us" section on the website and read what they do, they primarily make colored eye contacts for the entertainment industry (movies, TV shows, etc.). Here's what they say about themselves:

"9mm Sfx provides the entertainment industry with professional hand painted contact lenses.

Founded pre-apocalypse in 1999 by owners Kevin and Ginni Carter, 9mm Sfx has provided fx contact lenses to hundreds of films and television productions. With our knowledge and expertise we will provide your production with the highest quality in hand painted contact lenses."

And this isn't some advertising bullshit either. Because they provide proof for this. The owner, Kevin Carter, links his IMDb profile.

Here's his profile: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1349569/

As you can see, he works for the makeup department crew and the special effects crew for various movies and TV shows. If you go to the lMDb link above and scroll down, you'll see an entire section of credits. There you can see all the movies/TV shows he's created contacts for. There are over 100 credits provided. So this really is legit.

Anyways, coming back to the website (9mmsfx), this is where you want to buy your colored eye contacts from. Now go to the link to the website above and go to "natural" under the "shop by category" tab (here is a direct link to the page this leads to: https://www.shop.9mmsfx.net/Natural_c6.htm ). Here is what it says there:

"The Natural Blue, Light Blue and Chestnut Brown in this section are based off of real human eyes and are the most realistic. The Natural Green and Light Green are also based off of a real iris pattern, however, they are painted in a color scheme that is not. The other colors are painted in a natural style, but are not based on real iris patterns or colors therefore are not suggested for actors who are changing eye colors for film."

So, based on what they say here, you want to purchase either natural blue, light blue, chestnut brown, natural green, or light green. These are generally like $225-250 USD per contact but right now it seems they're a bit lower due to some kind of sale. So remember, they sell per contact. Meaning, the price listed is for just a single contact. Of course everyone is going to be buying two contacts. In that case you'll be spending $400-500 USD for these.

It doesn't say on their website but (based on my emailing them) these contacts generally last a year after daily use (like if you use them for several hours each day, you can expect to use them for a year before you have to re-buy).

Also when you go to buy the contacts, there's a bunch of measurements you need to provide. For some of these you'll obviously have to go to your optometrist. Here's something important: pupil diameter. This is one of the measurements they want. It's self-explanatory what it is, but here's why it's really important: most colored eye contacts have a pretty large pupil hole as compared to an actual eye. That's obviously because they want you to be able to see through them properly. Back in 2008-2012 when companies like Solotica used to make colored eye contacts, they would have the pupil hole be fairly small to be as realistic as possible. But then some people kept complaining about how it's difficult for them to see through them sometimes, so nowadays when these companies make colored eye contacts, they make the pupil hole fairly large. Too large, actually. It just doesn't look as realistic. With 9mmsfx you get to decide how big you want the pupil hole to be. Under the pupil diameter category when purchasing the contact, it gives three options: 4.0 mm, 4.5 mm, and 5.0 mm. 4.5 mm is the standard. If you want it to be a bit bigger you go for 5.0 mm or if you want it to be a bit smaller you go for 4.0 mm (it's +$15 USD extra either way). Of course go for 4.0 mm for the contact to look as realistic as possible. Also for the clear edge category when purchasing the contact, select NO. You absolutely do not want this.
I'm about to buy a pair rn, I can choose 3.5 mm as pupil size, do you think it's too small or?

I'm buying some rn, I'm torn between Desio, Solotica, maybe Circleafx (more expensive).

What's better, opaque or transparent contacts? (Eyes are dark hazel naturally).

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7044

Last edited:
I'm buying some rn, I'm torn between Desio, Solotica, maybe Circleafx (more expensive).

What's better, opaque or transparent contacts? (Eyes are dark hazel naturally).
did u get em?

did u get em?
I got the Solotica Natural Colors Quartzo yearly, actual coloring meshes well with my eyes, good for day-to-day wear, but you will be able to tell I'm wearing contacts, if you get up close though.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7044
I got the Solotica Natural Colors Quartzo yearly, actual coloring meshes well with my eyes, good for day-to-day wear, but you will be able to tell I'm wearing contacts, if you get up close though.
Did you get the 9mmsfx or are you still thinking about buying them ?