Ogee curve and bimax

Acromegaly_Chad

Acromegaly_Chad

Offical Surgery Consultant
As we all know, bimax carries the risk of destroying your ogee curve. Now before I get into it too much for myself and study the effects, I'd like to hear what you guys know about how to prevent this from happening.

My thoughts so far are: Ogee curve gets destroyed by too big advancements (but when to know it's too big?) and usually it's more prone to happen when you suffer from midface hypoplasia (class 3 patients are more likely to get their ogee fucked by lf1 than class 2 patients) or have hollow undereyes and zygos with weak lateral projection.
Further more a very borad mid mandible and/or weak chin with weak anterior projection seem to make bimax cases more prone to getting their ogee fucked.
After all, it seems logically that a wider palate is also more likely to produce such an outcome than a narrow palate.

Conclusions:
- Forward growth > ogee curve, it's ok to get it slightly worse through a bimax
- midface hypoplasia -> DON'T do LF1 or only very little
- Midface fat grafts and Zygo osteotomies can help restore the important marking points in the upper region of the ogee curve
- a strong chin does the some for the lower marking point

Any more thoughts on this? This topic is INSANELY important when discussing Bimax yet even maxfacs don't really mention it.

Tagging some surgerymaxxers
@SixCRY @RealSurgerymax @thecel @lasthope

• +1
Reactions: one job away, PubertyMaxxer, Biiyo03 and 9 others
bimax is for health, most importantly

it improves life quality, sleep, posture, muscular imbalances and mood

ogee curve can always be fixed with implants or mlf3

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa, Deleted member 13409 and JosephGarrot123
I have no zygos, do I still do bimax for my SFS? I have midface hypoplasia :feelswhy:

surgerycels are so funny

delusional people

• JFL
Reactions: aspieSavage
I think also impaction has a great chance of worsening ogee curve

• Hmm...
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad
  • +1
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad
if you are worried about losing your ogee curve talk to your surgeon about doing a smaller lefort 1 advancement and substituting it for more CCW rotation

also im pretty sure that you can always restore your ogee curve later with infraorbital-malar implants. and some surgeons even do them at the same time as the bimax

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Yerico7, subhuman incel, one job away and 2 others
also im pretty sure that you can always restore your ogee curve later with infraorbital-malar implants. and some surgeons even do them at the same time as the bimax
bimax and then implants together have cost so high, that unless you're genuinely rich will take actual years of your life to save up

making up surgery theories that have a combined cost of 50k isnt going to help

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32
bimax and then implants together have cost so high, that unless you're genuinely rich will take actual years of your life to save up

making up surgery theories that have a combined cost of 50k isnt going to help
some surgeons do them at the same time as the bimax, and dont charge somewhat ok prices to do so