On the conflict of over-individualization in social life

toji.

toji.

Iron
I hope I am not the only one who has faced the scenario of having friendships or partners that have not been able to fully develop due to the desire for self-improvement.

What I mean by this is that goals such as physical exercise, study and work, along with various minor elements involved, often clash when friends or partners encourage you to socialize, go out or indulge in activities such as eating junk food.

Perhaps some of you have more complex goals, such as moving to another country for work or study. I'm curious and eager to hear your opinions: to what extent should personal progress affect socialization?

To be honest, I currently have no friends or partners; I have lost them due to this constant desire for self-improvement. When I contemplate a relationship with someone new, conflict arises because, if the relationship progresses, it may impact my personal growth. Although this discomfort does not bother me too much, I have a hard time imagining myself more adult with someone or having other people in my life because of this desire to do and fulfill my ideal.

In light of all this, I'm interested to know if you've experienced a similar situation.

• Woah
Reactions: thecel