Online bf% calculators are all retarded

S

Snowskinned

Silver
Got told that I am 11% body fat by BMI method bf% calculator

Got told that I am 6% body fat by Us Navy method calculator

Professionally measured it’s 15% 😂

Don’t be stopped by those. I almost dropped the idea of losing weight, thinking I am just boneless so can’t have hollow cheeks

Turns out I’m just obese

• +1
Reactions: antony 726 and TallDarkAndHandsome

Don’t be stopped by those. I almost dropped the idea of losing weight, thinking I am just boneless so can’t have hollow cheeks

Turns out I’m just obese
Mirror method and skin caliper are the only accurate ways assessing bodyfat percentage imo.

Even a dexa scan is usually largely inaccurate :ROFLMAO:

• +1
Reactions: BukkMax and Snowskinned

Turns out I’m just obese
Ong bro my friend think he’s 5% bf but im leaner than him jfl

What is that?
Mirror method is just using your eyes to visualize the bodyfat percentage.

A skinfold measurement is essentially a quick test that estimates your amount of body fat and converts it into a percentage of your total body weight. This test requires a caliper, which is a medical instrument that pinches body fat and measures its thickness on multiple sites of the body. You need to have experience and skill to perform this test correctly.
595B7897 6142 4DDE B6D4 796ABC43656F

DEXA (dual x-ray absorptiometry) scans measure bone density (thickness and strength of bones)by passing a high- and low-energy x-ray beam (a form of ionizing radiation) through the body, usually in the hip and the spine.
F9A11638 9771 435C 9032 4E6E0E4F9D8B

To overview, DEXA was never intended to measure body composition. It's for bone density. Any accredited medical facility will be using it as so. The scans can be much, much more accurate when operated and maintained properly. But this is often only used for medical studies or research. Health labs are using DEXA as an easy cash grab. They provide inaccurate results and charge upwards of

80-150$ for a scan. Please just save your money and buy a good set of calipers!

• +1
Reactions: Snowskinned
Just look in the mirror if you want to measure your bf