only philosophers/philosophies you need to read

Ryan

Ryan

''ALL IS IN FLAMES''
pre Socratics(pythagoras,heraclitus and parmenides),aristotle and plato,The Stoics,Kant,Schopenhauer ,the Gnostics,Buddha,Vedas and Nietzsche(bottom of barrel for me)

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Klasik616, Ryldoo IS COPING and the MOUSE
Wittgenstein
/thread

• +1
Reactions: Klasik616
Adolf Hitler

• JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: TechnoBoss, Primalsplit and bigchunguslover
buddha is a dumb faggot pussy

His ethics for end of suffering is the only legit way out of it
also he is the earliest thinkers who recognized that fundamental nature of life is sufferings and this is the problem that needs to be solved the most

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13626 and the MOUSE
His ethics for end of suffering is the only legit way out of it
also he is the earliest thinkers who recognized that fundamental nature of life is sufferings and this is the problem that needs to be solved the most
So why aren't you following the noble eight fold path?

You need to consider the consequences of everything. If you choose to follow Buddha's ethics, you can attain Nirvana, which means freedom from suffering. However, there is a side effect to this path, as it also entails giving up pleasure, essentially living like a "living corpse." Therefore, you must weigh and ask yourself: Is the elimination of all suffering worth the cost of living like a living corpse? If your answer is yes, then following Buddha's teachings may be the right path for you. However, for someone in a privileged position like me, it may not be worth it. This is why I am not following this path. But for individuals who face significant hardships in life, Buddhist ethics can be extremely valuable.

• +1
Reactions: distance decay
You need to consider the consequences of everything. If you choose to follow Buddha's ethics, you can attain Nirvana, which means freedom from suffering. However, there is a side effect to this path, as it also entails giving up pleasure, essentially living like a "living corpse." Therefore, you must weigh and ask yourself: Is the elimination of all suffering worth the cost of living like a living corpse? If your answer is yes, then following Buddha's teachings may be the right path for you. However, for someone in a privileged position like me, it may not be worth it. This is why I am not following this path. But for individuals who face significant hardships in life, Buddhist ethics can be extremely valuable.
That's why I hate it. "just become a living corpse, bro" Or how about take the easy way out and blow your head off? "nooooooo, then you'll be reincarnated with bad karma" Have to bring in the religious nonsense to justify their stupid cult.

It's even worse when you hear monks talk about it. It's so clear that it's just a cult. "Bro, did you know if you live in a cave without moving and only eating once a week you can end all your suffering?!?!" And then people just subscribe to it unquestioningly. "Yeah! I don't like suffering! Maybe I'll just spend the next 20 years focusing on my breathe in hopes that I won't ever feel another bad feeling."

What if pleasure and displeasure were so tied together that whoever wanted to have as much as possible of one must also have as much as possible of the other — that whoever wanted to learn to “jubilate up to the heavens” would also have to be prepared for “depression unto death”?

[…]

You have the choice: either as little displeasure as possible, painlessness in brief … or as much displeasure as possible as the price for the growth of an abundance of subtle pleasures and joys that have rarely been relished yet? If you decide for the former and desire to diminish and lower the level of human pain, you also have to diminish and lower the level of their capacity for joy.''
~NIETZSCHE-GAY SCIENCE

• +1
Reactions: Primalsplit
What if pleasure and displeasure were so tied together that whoever wanted to have as much as possible of one must also have as much as possible of the other — that whoever wanted to learn to “jubilate up to the heavens” would also have to be prepared for “depression unto death”?

[…]

You have the choice: either as little displeasure as possible, painlessness in brief … or as much displeasure as possible as the price for the growth of an abundance of subtle pleasures and joys that have rarely been relished yet? If you decide for the former and desire to diminish and lower the level of human pain, you also have to diminish and lower the level of their capacity for joy.''
~NIETZSCHE-GAY SCIENCE
And this is exactly why I say Buddha is a pussy.

• +1
Reactions: Primalsplit and Ryan
@BrahminBoss @mogger123 @inferiorpispot234 @alpha_provider

solid list. i'd add wittgenstein and popper instead of nietzsche and schopenhauer

and 4 german idealists, not just kant. hegel, fichte and schelling

spinoza vs leibniz was a good battle too

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Ryan
solid list. i'd add wittgenstein and popper instead of nietzsche and schopenhauer

and 4 german idealists, not just kant. hegel, fichte and schelling

spinoza vs leibniz was a good battle too
nerd

Last edited:
All boring low iq copers.

• +1
Reactions: Primalsplit and longjohnmong
  • +1
Fragments worth the read? Seems like I should pick it up but not sure if it's profound.
just get to know them..see this video,you will understand what i mean

• +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois
just get to know them..see this video,you will understand what i mean

40 min, will watch later. But should I buy fragments?

• +1
40 min, will watch later. But should I buy fragments?
will be a good read(depends on how much you can extrapolate) ,after all heraclitus was nietzsches fav

• +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois
will be a good read(depends on how much you can extrapolate) ,after all heraclitus was nietzsches fav
My expertise is extrapolation.

• Love it
My expertise is extrapolation.
there wouldnt be no plato or aristotle if the pre-Socratics didnt existed,btw u should see the video too its very good

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois and Klasik616
0 IQ answer: Karl Marx.

• JFL
Reactions: Primalsplit and Ryan
pre Socratics(pythagoras,heraclitus and parmenides),aristotle and plato,The Stoics,Kant,Schopenhauer ,the Gnostics,Buddha,Vedas and Nietzsche(bottom of barrel for me)
Freud

I can’t read