Only when you are depressed and mentally exhausted you realize who you actually are

lestoa

lestoa

Amidst the darkest shadows of despair and exhaustion lies a hidden gem of truth. It is in these moments, stripped of our pretenses and defenses, that we truly see ourselves. Depression and mental fatigue, while agonizing, serve as catalysts for profound self-discovery.
In the depths of depression, our masks crumble, revealing the raw essence of who we are. Stripped of illusions and façades, we confront our deepest fears, insecurities, and vulnerabilities. Through this crucible of suffering, we forge an unbreakable bond with our true selves.
Contrary to popular belief, it is not in moments of triumph and joy that we uncover our authentic selves, but in the crucible of adversity. It is amidst the chaos of our inner turmoil that we find clarity and insight. Only when we stare into the abyss of despair do we truly comprehend the depths of our resilience and strength.
To dismiss the significance of depression and mental exhaustion in shaping our identities is to deny the transformative power of adversity. It is through these trials that we emerge stronger, wiser, and more self-aware. Let us embrace the darkness within, for it is in confronting our shadows that we illuminate the path to self-discovery.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: gymcel:(, lemonnz, Klasik01 and 1 other person
100% Facts

The clearest my thinking has ever been was always in my most depressed states

During this state, illusions and ego-fuelled ambitions are shattered, leaving behind only goals that truly matter

During our happy states, we get drunk on the superfluousness of life, engaging in meaningless pursuits that don't really matter

Then inevitably, something tragic happens, shining light on folly

Only in this period do we see what's really important

• +1
Reactions: aleksander, lemonnz, lestoa and 1 other person
Amidst the darkest shadows of despair and exhaustion lies a hidden gem of truth. It is in these moments, stripped of our pretenses and defenses, that we truly see ourselves. Depression and mental fatigue, while agonizing, serve as catalysts for profound self-discovery.
In the depths of depression, our masks crumble, revealing the raw essence of who we are. Stripped of illusions and façades, we confront our deepest fears, insecurities, and vulnerabilities. Through this crucible of suffering, we forge an unbreakable bond with our true selves.
Contrary to popular belief, it is not in moments of triumph and joy that we uncover our authentic selves, but in the crucible of adversity. It is amidst the chaos of our inner turmoil that we find clarity and insight. Only when we stare into the abyss of despair do we truly comprehend the depths of our resilience and strength.
To dismiss the significance of depression and mental exhaustion in shaping our identities is to deny the transformative power of adversity. It is through these trials that we emerge stronger, wiser, and more self-aware. Let us embrace the darkness within, for it is in confronting our shadows that we illuminate the path to self-discovery.
Essays.org

Org. cels becoming depressed philosophers while women are enjoying their third date of the week

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: gymcel:(, disheartenedcel, aleksander and 1 other person
Then why am I no one? I have been in this lifeless state for years yet I'm no one I hate the person behind the mask.My mind and face aren't one

• +1
Reactions: PROMETHEUS
Org. cels becoming depressed philosophers while women are enjoying their third date of the week

Gotta make lemonade when life gives you lemons

A lifetime of suffering can either be repressed or can be critically observed and transformed into something higher – a contemplation of the nature & absurdity of reality

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: disheartenedcel
Gotta make lemons when life gives you lemonade

A lifetime of suffering can either be repressed or can be critically observed and transformed into something higher – a contemplation of the nature & absurdity of reality
Yes but you cannot do that if you live in society with a body, everytime you get out of home people judge you about verbal and non verbal language. If you don't fit in then you're forgotten and left behind in the mass of humanimals. Also state is looking at you through cameras and everything you buy/consume. Living with other people is living without freedom and the only way to survive is through money which is actually dealing with other people. We are determined to fail or succeed depending on who we are.

Last edited:
Then why am I no one? I have been in this lifeless state for years yet I'm no one I hate the person behind the mask.My mind and face aren't one
Interesting take. Dostoyevsky's underground man came to the exact same conclusion as you:

"It was not only that I could not become spiteful, I did not know how to become anything;

neither spiteful norkind, neither a rascal nor an honest man, neither a hero nor an insect.

Now, I am living out my life in my corner, taunting myself with the spiteful and useless consolation that an intelligent man cannot become anything seriously, and it is only the fool who becomes anything.

Yes, a man in the nineteenth century must and morally ought to be pre-eminently a characterless creature; a man of character, an active man is pre-eminently a limited creature."

• +1
Reactions: nigtard
Interesting take. Dostoyevsky's underground man came to the exact same conclusion as you:

"It was not only that I could not become spiteful, I did not know how to become anything;

neither spiteful norkind, neither a rascal nor an honest man, neither a hero nor an insect.

Now, I am living out my life in my corner, taunting myself with the spiteful and useless consolation that an intelligent man cannot become anything seriously, and it is only the fool who becomes anything.

Yes, a man in the nineteenth century must and morally ought to be pre-eminently a characterless creature; a man of character, an active man is pre-eminently a limited creature."
I wholeheartedly do not know who I am I wear a mask to appease people but in reality I am empty.This has been the story of my life for these past years, its like I'm not supposed to be here anymore.Nothing really gives me joy anymore, I lost that feeling for some reason

• +1
I wholeheartedly do not know who I am I wear a mask to appease people but in reality I am empty.This has been the story of my life for these past years, its like I'm not supposed to be here anymore.Nothing really gives me joy anymore, I lost that feeling for some reason

You are not alone

What you feel is a lack of identity, something that has afflicted our generation of men

In an ideal society, a boy would be born and be given an identity by his father based on his family and tribe

However, most boys today simple exist. Going to school, getting a job and consuming mainstream media, not really knowing who they are

You are not alone

What you feel is a lack of identity, something that has afflicted our generation of men

In an ideal society, a boy would be born and be given an identity by his father based on his family and tribe

However, most boys today simple exist. Going to school, getting a job and consuming mainstream media, not really knowing who they are
I used to have at least something close to an identity but I lost it.I don't even exist anymore, existing means someone is at least aware that you are alive.I am basically forgotten no one really knows that I exist except myself

• So Sad
my identities:

genius
polymath
wit
eidetiker
perfect pitch haver
renaissance man
unequalled sapience
highest known sentience
virtuoso
prodigy

100% Facts

The clearest my thinking has ever been was always in my most depressed states

During this state, illusions and ego-fuelled ambitions are shattered, leaving behind only goals that truly matter

During our happy states, we get drunk on the superfluousness of life, engaging in meaningless pursuits that don't really matter

Then inevitably, something tragic happens, shining light on folly

Only in this period do we see what's really important
You are a real one bro, I wish you all the best in life. Thank you for reading my text.

I was high when I wrote that

I was high when I wrote that

Nothing wrong with using AI to express your idea

Just don’t lie about it bro

Not cool

6AA3C179 6BDD 4B7B BB45 BBA77C383B7D