(Open political discussion) Future of society and economics

Blackout.xl

Blackout.xl

Retired.
After the complete failure of the economic shift of the 70’s, we now are stuck in a cycle of maximum gains in GDP and mega profits in the rich alongside the stagnation of the middle and working class.

with automation looming, I have no doubts that UBI is the future. It was tested during corona and it’s been a decent success. There’s no reason why both sides of the aisle (apart from meme libertarians) won’t come to an agreement to establish permanent UBI within the next few years.

However, as discussed earlier with others, I don’t think the UBI will be made to be very generous. The govt imo will just throw peanuts your way. The work force will probably turn into a tech dominated market. Coding, hardware engineer, software engineer, etc will be the norm.

What do you guys think will happen? Will immigration have to be tossed out once cheap labour is made economically irrelevant? Will there be societal upheaval? I want to hear opinions on this. Having this as an evolving discussion would be nice. There is no wrong answer

Edit: running your own business and earning your own bread will probably be another form of work for many ppl. Or manage websites. Stuff will move online, rather than be in person physically

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, thickdickdaddy27, Britishlooksmaxxer and 1 other person
inel trait: caring about any of these things while chad fucks your oneitis and makes bank at his dads company working as ceo

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Toth's thot, Deleted member 4563, thickdickdaddy27 and 2 others
inel trait: caring about any of these things while chad fucks your oneitis and makes bank at his dads company working as ceo
Luckily I have no oneitis. If I did I’d go insane

You are back??
877489c7b09afc768a4f66e2a0a68f0b

• Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: thickdickdaddy27 and Blackout.xl