Oral Minoxidil Experience,- Shedding, Progress, Questions

N

NiceGuyN

Iron
Hi guys. I originally started minoxidil when I was 18, in the fear loop of "oh no im losing my hair" after autistically obsessing over looking at my hairline in the mirror every second. I genetically have a higher up hairline which FML, but I do fraud well with hairstyles and thickness. On around March 20ish something I had contacted my Dermatologist and was given the prescription for 1.25mg oral minox daily. 2.5mg pill cut into half every 2 days. Prescription cost about 10? dollars for a bottle of around 20-30 pills which is a solid deal with my insurance plan.

From about 2 weeks starting it daily I had extreme hairloss/shedding. Yes the Minox shed is real, and it is bad. I think every time I was combing my hair I had a solid 10 strands coming out at all times, hair falling in food, across my food and all that. It was brutal and further compounded my fears. Showers were horrible seeing handfuls come out. Can't remember looking at my hairline at this point, but I do remember my forehead started showing a lot more.

Actual results came in about 4-5 weeks in. At this point the shed had stopped, and noticed miniaturized hairs along hairline. Those miniaturized hairs were almost extending a Norwood -1 hairline, and later half grew to cover my slightly recessed corners. Rest of the time from there, I had super accelerated growth everywhere, and my normally super light blonde hair turned to a dirty blonde/light brown to where it is now.

Eyelashes and eyebrows became mogger tier during this time as well, worked really well on it and I credit the systemic effect to this. Seems like around 5-6 months ever since then my hairline receeds for about 1-2 weeks with shedding at this time and I revert back to an even worse state before baseline. This sucks but its only temporary and you'll know thicker hair will be back soon enough so not enough time to sperg over it. Even in my current shed, I have still reverted my original corners to a way better state than they were before minox.

I get constant compliments on hair thickness, and every salon i've visited has commented on how stupidly thick it is. It does get annoying having to shampoo it and wash but worth it loll,. Ill try to update this thread with my photos of hair before after etc. But if you are looking to step into fighting MPB, and you are young and dont want to hop on fin just try oral minox first.

Start in low dosage as well. I did have sporadic heart studders/loss of breath but I always have had those kind of issues, so I am not directly linking it but it is likely true that it is a side effect. Just start low, if it doesnt work just slowly up it till it does. Cant speak for people with advanced MPB but obviously starting any hair loss treatment early is a great option. Feel free to ask questions if needed ill try to speak from my experiences.

• +1
Reactions: mathis, thebuffdon690, dna_cel and 4 others
Do you have Problems with Body hair on minox?

• +1
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer
Do you have Problems with Body hair on minox?
annoying to shave pubes every other day but other than that not really, just get prepared to start shaving alot more.

annoying to shave pubes every other day but other than that not really, just get prepared to start shaving alot more.
So your existing bodyhair just start to grow faster but you didn’t gain any additional bodyhair?

Did you have a lot of bodyhair to begib with?

So your existing bodyhair just start to grow faster but you didn’t gain any additional bodyhair?

Did you have a lot of bodyhair to begib with?
Seems like my preexisiting body hair just started to grow faster. Im like middle of the road when it comes to body hair, but I cant recall getting any new spots of hair. I would imagine after puberty you are pretty much already developed in terms of hair and you wont see any new patches randomly appearing, just accelerated

Hi guys. I originally started minoxidil when I was 18, in the fear loop of "oh no im losing my hair" after autistically obsessing over looking at my hairline in the mirror every second. I genetically have a higher up hairline which FML, but I do fraud well with hairstyles and thickness. On around March 20ish something I had contacted my Dermatologist and was given the prescription for 1.25mg oral minox daily. 2.5mg pill cut into half every 2 days. Prescription cost about 10? dollars for a bottle of around 20-30 pills which is a solid deal with my insurance plan.

From about 2 weeks starting it daily I had extreme hairloss/shedding. Yes the Minox shed is real, and it is bad. I think every time I was combing my hair I had a solid 10 strands coming out at all times, hair falling in food, across my food and all that. It was brutal and further compounded my fears. Showers were horrible seeing handfuls come out. Can't remember looking at my hairline at this point, but I do remember my forehead started showing a lot more.

Actual results came in about 4-5 weeks in. At this point the shed had stopped, and noticed miniaturized hairs along hairline. Those miniaturized hairs were almost extending a Norwood -1 hairline, and later half grew to cover my slightly recessed corners. Rest of the time from there, I had super accelerated growth everywhere, and my normally super light blonde hair turned to a dirty blonde/light brown to where it is now.

Eyelashes and eyebrows became mogger tier during this time as well, worked really well on it and I credit the systemic effect to this. Seems like around 5-6 months ever since then my hairline receeds for about 1-2 weeks with shedding at this time and I revert back to an even worse state before baseline. This sucks but its only temporary and you'll know thicker hair will be back soon enough so not enough time to sperg over it. Even in my current shed, I have still reverted my original corners to a way better state than they were before minox.

I get constant compliments on hair thickness, and every salon i've visited has commented on how stupidly thick it is. It does get annoying having to shampoo it and wash but worth it loll,. Ill try to update this thread with my photos of hair before after etc. But if you are looking to step into fighting MPB, and you are young and dont want to hop on fin just try oral minox first.

Start in low dosage as well. I did have sporadic heart studders/loss of breath but I always have had those kind of issues, so I am not directly linking it but it is likely true that it is a side effect. Just start low, if it doesnt work just slowly up it till it does. Cant speak for people with advanced MPB but obviously starting any hair loss treatment early is a great option. Feel free to ask questions if needed ill try to speak from my experiences.
Did u buy actual minox tablets or just drink the topical solutions like some niggas here do

• +1
Reactions: dna_cel
Did u buy actual minox tablets or just drink the topical solutions like some niggas here do
He said in OP he got oral minoxidil prescribed

Drinking topical is crazy they always have some like massive ingredient list to make it mildly edible lollll . Find a derm that readily prescribes things like fin or min it makes life alot easier

• +1
Reactions: dna_cel and mnbvcxz
Drinking topical is crazy they always have some like massive ingredient list to make it mildly edible lollll . Find a derm that readily prescribes things like fin or min it makes life alot easier
I mean its crazy but it works and ppl have done it w/o dying lmao, only ingredients are minox,water,propyl glycol, and some alcohol which is safe in small amounts.

But ya the oral tablets have ingredients for slow absorption and shit so its much better on the heart

• +1
Reactions: NiceGuyN and dna_cel
If you aren't using a dermapen you're leaving a lot on the table. Your results would greatly increase if you used a dermapen from the research i have done. Dermapen + minox + scalp massages have brought unreal results for some people. Btw what did you mean when you said your hairline would end up worse than baseline after the shed would reverse? do you mean your hairline is slowly going back each time you shed and have you gotten regrowth on temples where there was no hair before? Did you get regrowth on crown if you were balding there?

• +1
Reactions: NiceGuyN and dna_cel
If you aren't using a dermapen you're leaving a lot on the table. Your results would greatly increase if you used a dermapen from the research i have done. Dermapen + minox + scalp massages have brought unreal results for some people. Btw what did you mean when you said your hairline would end up worse than baseline after the shed would reverse? do you mean your hairline is slowly going back each time you shed and have you gotten regrowth on temples where there was no hair before? Did you get regrowth on crown if you were balding there?
I do dermapen and even use tretinoin on hairline, but I kinda stopped so maybe if i started againt itd give me way better results.

During my shed my crown was horrible. I remember this one girl i was going out with saw me under top lighting and said you're going bald because of it. But my crown thickness improved like 200% though months following. What I meant by that was during sheds, my hairline would recede past where i started before hopping on minox.

edit: and yeah i had plenty of miniaturized hairs near my temple that ended up filling in spots that had never had hair before previously

• +1
Reactions: JohnDoe
I do dermapen and even use tretinoin on hairline, but I kinda stopped so maybe if i started againt itd give me way better results.

During my shed my crown was horrible. I remember this one girl i was going out with saw me under top lighting and said you're going bald because of it. But my crown thickness improved like 200% though months following. What I meant by that was during sheds, my hairline would recede past where i started before hopping on minox.

edit: and yeah i had plenty of miniaturized hairs near my temple that ended up filling in spots that had never had hair before previously
Good stuff. I wonder if it's possible for hair to regrow on the crown though, i like bald spot on my crown area and not sure if minox topical will just grow the current hairs and make them thicker or actaully grow new hairs where there aren't any. What do you think? 3-4 weeks for things to settle and be on track is quite fast honestly. People wait months and months from what i've seen. Willing to share any before/after pictures? As for your hairline, i guess it doesn't matter because eventually when the shed stops your hairline goes back to where it was post minox right? that's okay then. I guess you're going to be on oral minox indefinitely right? the heart issues do seem concerning, perhaps you should consider topical? And people say you have to be on fin otherwise minox is pointless, i don't think so.

Good stuff. I wonder if it's possible for hair to regrow on the crown though, i like bald spot on my crown area and not sure if minox topical will just grow the current hairs and make them thicker or actaully grow new hairs where there aren't any. What do you think? 3-4 weeks for things to settle and be on track is quite fast honestly. People wait months and months from what i've seen. Willing to share any before/after pictures? As for your hairline, i guess it doesn't matter because eventually when the shed stops your hairline goes back to where it was post minox right? that's okay then. I guess you're going to be on oral minox indefinitely right? the heart issues do seem concerning, perhaps you should consider topical? And people say you have to be on fin otherwise minox is pointless, i don't think so.
ill def be able to get pictures showing density but not actual hairline before after etc (although i should have taken photos). To be fair, i am 19, so results are probably far more accelerated then someone 30 who's nw4 taking it. I opted out for oral minox because applying it daily is a massive hassle, with oral i just pop half the pill and im good to go. Heart issues shouldn't be too bad for my 2.5mg dose, apparently people take 20mg+ plus for minoxidil treating high bp if im not wrong. And nah even my dermatologist backs that up that minox alone is still viable even without fin. Esp with how strong the oral minox effects are

• +1
Reactions: JohnDoe
ill def be able to get pictures showing density but not actual hairline before after etc (although i should have taken photos). To be fair, i am 19, so results are probably far more accelerated then someone 30 who's nw4 taking it. I opted out for oral minox because applying it daily is a massive hassle, with oral i just pop half the pill and im good to go. Heart issues shouldn't be too bad for my 2.5mg dose, apparently people take 20mg+ plus for minoxidil treating high bp if im not wrong. And nah even my dermatologist backs that up that minox alone is still viable even without fin. Esp with how strong the oral minox effects are
I see, well do update the thread with pictures when you can. Have you noticed any difference in collagen since taking minox? i know some people suffer from collagen issues after taking it.

Should you only take it if you are losing your hair or even if you need a hair loss routine to combat it in older age?