Oral Minoxidil Probably Destroyed My Heart

S

samskeyti

Iron
I've been on oral minoxidil since January 2021. I used it at 5 mg for 1 year straight then increased the dose to 10 mg per day. I had some tachycardia and shortness of breath both of which withered away as i continued to use the drug. For a month, I'm tired all the time, have angina and shortness of breath, heavy feeling in the legs. I gave a bloodwork and had an ecg. Ecg is totally normal but bloodwork has some abnormal values. Creatinine kinase, which can be called as a marker for heart muscle damage is way off the chart. The reference value is 40-240 while mine is 641. Troponin I is 0.08 ng/mL. Even a slightest increase in troponin I can be evaluated as some cell death in the heart. It's probably over for me. I appointed a meeting with a cardiologist for next Monday. I'll learn everything in detail. Don't mess with this fucking poison. Use minoxidil only topically.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: thegoat and Tallooksmaxxer
minoxidil is a bs drug. it only works for a while, gives you dandruff&dry skin, mess with heart and respiratory system. fuck minox

minoxidil is a bs drug. it only works for a while, gives you dandruff&dry skin, mess with heart and respiratory system. fuck minox
Even applying the 5% topical Minoxidil on facial hair and eyebrows?

I use it on eyebrows. Works well.

absolutely no sympathy, only an absolute retard would ingest minoxidil. i dont know what retard started spreading around that it was a good idea

• +1
Reactions: enchanted_elixir
absolutely no sympathy, only an absolute retard would ingest minoxidil. i dont know what retard started spreading around that it was a good idea
I respect your opinion. I was very reluctant to begin it but even cardiologists told me that at the doses I implied, it does nothing bad for the young male population and I had ecg, bloodwork every two months. So i was under the supervision of the doctors. It was until this month, everything suddenly went wrong. It is still yet to be confirmed whether I have something wrong with my heart. I'm just trying to read the values and make a meaning of it.

• +1
Reactions: enchanted_elixir
I respect your opinion. I was very reluctant to begin it but even cardiologists told me that at the doses I implied, it does nothing bad for the young male population and I had ecg, bloodwork every two months. So i was under the supervision of the doctors. It was until this month, everything suddenly went wrong. It is still yet to be confirmed whether I have something wrong with my heart. I'm just trying to read the values and make a meaning of it.
i do feel bad for you but it is really annoying how many people think this is a good idea.