Original Blues Clues host Steve Burns quit because he was going bald

Callooh_Calais

Callooh_Calais

Drink Milk and Lift
Christ, as if Saint Hamudi's refrain wasn't true enough as it is, here's the story of a man who left his high-paying job as a children's television show because he thought his balding head would terrify children with thoughts of their own coming mortality:

Steve Burns of 'Blue's Clues' on why he left the beloved show: 'I was going bald'​

Steve Burns hosted the popular children's TV show "Blue's Clues" for seven years before his abrupt exit in 2002.
The now 43-year-old, who has since launched a career as a musician and voice over artist, recently opened up about his mysterious departure from the '90s show and surprisingly the answer is rather bare: he was losing his hair.
"I was going bald," Burns told the Daily Mail, jokingly adding that he wasn't sure if the show would be able to find a wig "with any dignity" for him.
"Everyone wants there to be a dramatic answer and there's not," he continued. "I wish I had a cool answer for this, but I just - I did it for like seven years and it just seemed like time to go. It just seemed like the right time."

Lol, balding musicians, he may as well just stayed as a children's host.

another reason Burns left was because playing Blue's puzzle-solving sidekick was starting to burn him out.
The actor explained that it wasn't easy filming the animated show every day.
"I was in every take of the show every day for all those years on a blue screen, so I was like, I just didn't have any more performance left in the show business land," Burns said.
"Blue's Clues" eventually had Steve leave for college and replaced him with Joe, Steve's younger brother, played by Donovan Patton.

Of course, age is an excuse: Captain Kangaroo was probably the most beloved children's host of all time, and he looked like someone you wouldn't trust your children with:

Captain Kangaroo

but then of course, the Cap'n had a full head of luxurious hair. Balding on the other hand (especially if dark-eyed and roundheaded) will just make you look like a rapidly-aging Semite:

Aging semite

It was over for Steve Burns. He knew.

• So Sad
Reactions: Jerzy Bondov
BluepilledCel :bluepill: you never responded to my PM😢😢😢😢 I asked u some questions months ago and u never responded

BluepilledCel :bluepill: you never responded to my PM😢😢😢😢 I asked u some questions months ago and u never responded

I get busy, I travel and move around a lot and rarely have time to put together cohesive thoughts that I want to spend online. I'll try to get to it this weekend, I promise you that (but tbh, you asked a lot of vague, open-ended questions)

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
I get busy, I travel and move around a lot and rarely have time to put together cohesive thoughts that I want to spend online. I'll try to get to it this weekend, I promise you that (but tbh, you asked a lot of vague, open-ended questions)
Thx you brocel appreciate it(y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back