Orthognathic jaw surgery

qwep

qwep

Banned
I go to the orthodontist and they said I need to get orthnognathic surgery if I want braces. She said the teeth will relapse if I only get braces without the surgery.

I'm getting the surgery regardless but will it make my jaw look better front/side profile?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
I go to the orthodontist and they said I need to get orthnognathic surgery if I want braces. She said the teeth will relapse if I only get braces without the surgery.

I'm getting the surgery regardless but will it make my jaw look better front/side profile?
Im just posting because then I would have posted on all threads.

• +1
I'm getting an orthognathic surgery too. It has a great impact on your face both front and profile but changes depends on your initial state. If you don't have that big issues the changes will be less. But people with obvious underbite/overbite etc will see massive changes especially if it comes along with a chin implant for a recessed chin.

• +1
So what is the surgery for? Obviously correcting a misalignment can improve your appearance massively from all angles depending on severity.

• +1
I'm getting an orthognathic surgery too. It has a great impact on your face both front and profile but changes depends on your initial state. If you don't have that big issues the changes will be less. But people with obvious underbite/overbite etc will see massive changes especially if it comes along with a chin implant for a recessed chin.
I have 3mm overjet and an anterior open bite. My jaw grows downwards which is the reason I need the surgery.
So what is the surgery for? Obviously correcting a misalignment can improve your appearance massively from all angles depending on severity.
Downwards growing jaw. My side profile is terrible because of this + anterior open bite and 3mm overjet. If they make my lower jaw angled at 90 degrees my side profile will look 10x better

Last edited:
  • +1

it will probably make your jaw look better from all sides my guy

• +1

Braces are like flipping a coin