orthognathic surgery soon, any tips?

rkyjfl

rkyjfl

Iron
I’m getting orthognathic surgery after i finish with braces. it’s covered by insurance for some reason (idfk why but probably something to do with my insane chin and jaw recession). i’m also able to get it done at 16 years old. people who got orthognathic surgery, how long did recovery take and do u have any tips to make the process better in any way

• +1
Reactions: Tai Lung
Where r u from where its covered bu insurance. i been lookin at this surgery for a underbite but idk it seems like a bluepulled surgery but results are good it ascends most to normie with it.

yeah. get a decent blender, like a nutribullet or something. get a big bag of protein powder. myprotein.com is good, but never pay full price, as they often have 40-50% off sales. i like the unflavored whey because it doesn't have artificial sweeteners in it.

figure out how to drink out of a cup ASAP. at first it seems impossible, but you'll get the hang of it quickly.

then just make shakes for nutrition: oats, peanut butter, banana, protein powder, chocolate milk, ice cream. that will keep you fed. you can also just blend up fruits and drink them. i blended up tuna and drank that, which sounds disgusting but is actually not bad. believe me, there will come a point where drinking tuna sounds good.

• +1
Reactions: bossman and twilight
Can you go to any surgeon? If so, try and find an aesthetically minded one. CCW/CW is often neglected which can lead to bad aesthetic outcomes

Yeah, try to get your movements before surgery and post them here so people can look over them. Ideally youd get a 3D simulation and landmark offsets chart.

Can you go to any surgeon? If so, try and find an aesthetically minded one. CCW/CW is often neglected which can lead to bad aesthetic outcomes
probably not as it’s more of an orthodontic thing rather than aesthetic. i’m underage so my aesthetic surgery options are pretty limited

Get some bone broth and collagen powder. Helps wonders.

yeah. get a decent blender, like a nutribullet or something. get a big bag of protein powder. myprotein.com is good, but never pay full price, as they often have 40-50% off sales. i like the unflavored whey because it doesn't have artificial sweeteners in it.

figure out how to drink out of a cup ASAP. at first it seems impossible, but you'll get the hang of it quickly.

then just make shakes for nutrition: oats, peanut butter, banana, protein powder, chocolate milk, ice cream. that will keep you fed. you can also just blend up fruits and drink them. i blended up tuna and drank that, which sounds disgusting but is actually not bad. believe me, there will come a point where drinking tuna sounds good.
How long till you can eat normally