Orthotropics

Elias

Elias

Im 18, seeing Mike Mew in London in 2 weeks and want to know what Appliances i should get. Do you think he’d do MSE+MSDO+FP on me?

Im 18, seeing Mike Mew in London in 2 weeks and want to know what Appliances i should get. Do you think he’d do MSE+MSDO+FP on me?
If he could he surely would on adult patients, but I don't think he's got the "qualifications" to do that.

• +1
Reactions: goat2x and diggbicc
He would do it at the snap of your fingers.

If he could he surely would on adult patients, but I don't think he's got the "qualifications" to do that.
Would you be able to give me any appliances at all considering hes not qualified

All these appliances ascend you in one way and ogre you in a other. For example, FAGGA widens palate but lengthens midface. There’s no ideal appliance as of yet.
Is it over? Pretty much.

@Gudru hold me brah, don’t let me rope...

• Hmm...
Reactions: Luke LLL
All these appliances ascend you in one way and ogre you in a other. For example, FAGGA widens palate but lengthens midface. There’s no ideal appliance as of yet.
Is it over? Pretty much.

mse+fp doesnt make your ogre

what about biobloc, alf appliance etc

• +1
Reactions: 5'8manlet and Luke LLL
mse+fp doesnt make your ogre

what about biobloc, alf appliance etc
Yep, all of them. I’ve researched them all. None is without downsides.
Anyway, Mew only takes on a very very small amount of adult patients because it’s basically futile after age 14. So he is most likely Jewing you for money

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3162
Yeah, why not.
Why would he need any greater qualifications to work on adults than kids?
Anyway, Mew only takes on a very very small amount of adult patients because it’s basically futile after age 14. So he is most likely Jewing you for money
How does MSE + FM make you ogre?

Do you think theres any point even seeing him hes really the only person in the UK that does these appliances. Its £450 for a consultation and have to drive 4 hours.

Do you think theres any point even seeing him hes really the only person in the UK that does these appliances. Its £450 for a consultation and have to drive 4 hours.
£450 per CONSULTATION
Need I say more?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 3162

what's the downside of mse+fp? afaik there are literally none unless you're extremely widefaced.

£450 per CONSULTATION
Need I say more?
its either i see him or just rope, woudnt be able to get jaw surgery for 1-2 years because id have to save up

@nelson @elias I was working under the impression that Mew doesn’t do MSE at all. If he does, that’s news to me because he didn’t last I checked up on him.

And MSE plus FM can result in some downward growth of the maxilla

• +1
Reactions: KrissKross
@nelson @elias I was working under the impression that Mew doesn’t do MSE at all. If he does, that’s news to me because he didn’t last I checked up on him.

damn are you sure, so what appliances does he do?

Does anyone have a diagram to show the ups and downs of each appliance

damn are you sure, so what appliances does he do?

Does anyone have a diagram to show the ups and downs of each appliance
Yes. I haven’t kept up with him in the past year though. And honestly don’t say stupid shit like “it’s him or rope” you can try to find someone else in Europe who does it. MSE has been shown to work in adults so even if you can’t right now at 18, you can further down the line.

• +1
Reactions: Ceamce
Yes. I haven’t kept up with him in the past year though. And honestly don’t say stupid shit like “it’s him or rope” you can try to find someone else in Europe who does it. MSE has been shown to work in adults so even if you can’t right now at 18, you can further down the line.
there isnt anyone else in the UK ive checked. and i cant travel to different countries so its pointless

there isnt anyone else in the UK ive checked. and i cant travel to different countries so its pointless
Why can’t you travel to different countries?

I’m sure the pull angle affects this

Yes. But plenty of the info I’ve seen contradicts each other—I remember seeing the claim that an upward angle can be mechanically counterproductive. I wish I still had all the papers I had saved in my computer :/

Angles oriented downwards from the mouth are generally the ones that are used in most applications and result in downward growth. Negative angles (which is what is more applicable to us) should(?) result in CCW rotation and reverse downward growth, however, I have not seen an actual case study of it. If anyone's read one, please send it my way.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5385
every user be like, imma get a lefort 3, bsso, browridge transplant, MSDO and skull transplant 🤭 🤭

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer
every user be like, imma get a lefort 3, bsso, browridge transplant, MSDO and skull transplant 🤭 🤭
I mean what OPs asking for isn’t a crazy. Out of your list, only Lefort 3, and the brow and skull transplants are “unusual”

would it safer then to just do mse plus double jaw surgery? as far as optimal aesthetic results are concerned

Is it over? Pretty much.

MSE's gonna be good for me, solve my narrow palate and narrow mouth problem.

• +1
Reactions: Ceamce and PubertyMaxxer
MSE's gonna be good for me, solve my narrow palate and narrow mouth problem.
I have connections in the Australian army son, I will make sure you have a woman for an officer mark my words :feelshaha:
Hopefully you can ascend

I have connections in the Australian army son, I will make sure you have a woman for an officer mark my words :feelshaha:
Hopefully you can ascend
Wdym bro?

Is it over? Pretty much.

Fagga was always shit

L
Lefort 1 + bsso + orbital rim implants is very achievable for every person on here

would it safer then to just do mse plus double jaw surgery? as far as optimal aesthetic results are concerned
Possibly, but facepulling (and I mean true facepulling that’s anchored to the midface as much as possible) is likely the only way to change the cranial base angle (look up @Dr Shekelberg ’s thread with “cranial base on the title, it should be stickied).

IMO, if you can afford to fix it financially with maxillary impaction afterwards, then some slight downward growth from facepulling is worth being able to truly address a high cranial base angle (which facial osteotomies don’t do—they only mask a high angle).

I’d love to know @Dr Shekelberg ’s thoughts on someone like myself doing facepulling, because, sure, at my age, and if I anchor it to MSE, I should see some forward growth, but at the same time, if this is truly bone anchored, then it would likely lower my cranial base angle...but according to his opinion, my cranial base angle is already low as it is (granted, I’m a class III). So even if facepulling helped address my class III, would it not also lower my cranial base angle too much?

• +1
Reactions: Ceamce