Osteocyte response

rares54

rares54

I visit on here once a month
'Hitting too light will cause bone loss because the body will not give a healing response. In addition, hitting too hard with too many reps can prolong the process of healing.'

I've heard this saying in a few threads on here, by this it basically means that even light hits could cause bone resorption, how is that possible?

The osteocytes are the ones detecting any mechanical loading being put on the bone, it will react by activating higher osteoclast/osteoblast activity.

By that saying, do people mean that the osteocytes can't detect light hits to promote osteoblasts (bone formation cells), and only activate osteoclast activity? It sounds really dumb tbh.

Leave your thoughts.

Yep its dumb. It may not cause bone growth but it cant cause bone loss.

• +1
Reactions: rares54
Yep its dumb. It may not cause bone growth but it cant cause bone loss.
Yeah I thought the same since osteoclasts can detect any single smallest impact on the bone, it wouldn't go unnoticed

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23558
bonesmashing is cope though except on the nasion

bonesmashing is cope though except on the nasion
Yep don't really care bout bonesmashing as I don't do it, just wanted to debunk that theory. Cuz light hits could even accidentally happen during the day too, and would sound really stupid if something like that would make ur (example) chin/zygo smaller

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23558