Over For Implantcels—Silicon Implants Bone Reabsorption

A

ascentium

Looks Theory Died- Cheekboneless Sub-Chad
Over for implantcels.
Are there any alternatives to silicon implants re zygos & under-eye besides fillers which come with their own problems?

1AA3C7BF 9D2D 49FB 8CB5 53889B40DB65

1E8E8C3A B09E 4B2F B6A7 6E3D6C828C58

Summary:
Silicone chin implants are frequently used in cosmetic surgery to enhance a harmonic face. Obtaining an aesthetically pleasing face is increasingly becoming more important for people, and a considerable part of this goal can be achieved through different aesthetic modifications of the chin. The purpose of this study was to analyze the presence of bone resorption after the insertion of silicone chin implants, with lateral chin radiographs. Fifteen patients were studied, all of whom had a chin silicone implant inserted at least 1 year ago using the same surgical technique. The surgery was done intraorally with insertion of the silicone implant under the periosteum of the chin. Fourteen patients presented bone erosion, with the maximum of 2.0 mm erosion.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5891 and joeveniro
bone implants when

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: LooksJourney, highT, CursedOne and 1 other person
All of these are poorly placed, free implants.

Many plastic surgeons suture the implant in place and say they are not free because of the tight capsule formation. This does not stop the micromovements which happen every time you move your mouth as the mentalis muscles are directly over this implant. All facial implants and especially chin implants should be screw fixated.

A screw fixated properly placed implant will not result in any significant bone erosion 99.5% of the time.

But if you are still concerned about it and don’t want a drastically new or unique shaped chin, then sliding genioplasty is an option.

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers, Deleted member 8771, Deprived and 2 others

Many plastic surgeons suture the implant in place and say they are not free because of the tight capsule formation. This does not stop the micromovements which happen every time you move your mouth as the mentalis muscles are directly over this implant. All facial implants and especially chin implants should be screw fixated.

A screw fixated properly placed implant will not result in any significant bone erosion 99.5% of the time.

But if you are still concerned about it and don’t want a drastically new or unique shaped chin, then sliding genioplasty is an option.
JFL at having a piece of silicone (a soft flexible material) held in place by a single screw. One unfortunate fall, or punch to the face, or car accident etc. and it’s game over. Hell, it would probably take much less impact than a punch to cause small movements. Fuck silicone implants. Why can’t some fucking science nerd just invent synthetic bone material for skull augmentation already

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6512 and LooksJourney
Hydroxyapatite implants are being released next year in brazil. its a material that becomes bone.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 8988, LooksJourney, ascentium and 1 other person
Hydroxyapatite implants are being released next year in brazil. its a material that becomes bone.
Imagine when there are Eppley/ Yaremchuk-esque surgeons who specialize in custom implants who specifically use this material. Absolutely incredible to imagine

• +1
Reactions: ascentium
JFL at having a piece of silicone (a soft flexible material) held in place by a single screw. One unfortunate fall, or punch to the face, or car accident etc. and it’s game over. Hell, it would probably take much less impact than a punch to cause small movements. Fuck silicone implants. Why can’t some fucking science nerd just invent synthetic bone material for skull augmentation already

Not true at all. If I was an MMA fighter I would get a very large silicone wraparound and full midface mask implant, and brow ridge implant, all silicone.

Unfortunately that is an exaggeration.

see my reply here:

HA is a material most commonly used as a paste in genioplasty surgery.

Studies have shown little bone erosion and sometimes even a small amount of Osteoconductivity. Medpor is not osteoconductive - it is plastic (polyethylene - the same exact kind of plastic Walmart bags and milk jugs are made from) and fibrous scar tissue and vascular tissue grows into it.

A large HA Implant will probably never turn to bone, because it’s not that osteoconductive.

As above, this is just another implant material with its own advantages and disadvantages. It really not a game changer.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 8771, Deleted member 8988 and RecessedPrettyboy
Imagine when there are Eppley/ Yaremchuk-esque surgeons who specialize in custom implants who specifically use this material. Absolutely incredible to imagine
eppley is overpriced. these implants will be custom made here in Brazil too

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10536 and ascentium
Not true at all. If I was an MMA fighter I would get a very large silicone wraparound and full midface mask implant, and brow ridge implant, all silicone.

Unfortunately that is an exaggeration.

see my reply here:
will infraorbital/zygo implants turn mostly into bone?

Doesn’t look like the screws will hold.

Doesn’t look like the screws will hold.

Oh believe me I saw that. He talks about bone erosion to the point of eroding into the sinuses but shows pictures of a normal and expected implant impression.

Then 2 weeks later he posted on his story him implanting a Silicone Implantech Extentended Anatomical Chin - Large.

If these complications were really happening consistently we would have seen them by now. But to date I don’t know of 1 case proven with scans. It’s still a hypothetical small risk if depending on your genetic osteoclastic/osteoblastic balance.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 8988, Loud_Jock and ascentium
Oh believe me I saw that. He talks about bone erosion to the point of eroding into the sinuses but shows pictures of a normal and expected implant impression.

Then 2 weeks later he posted on his story him implanting a Silicone Implantech Extentended Anatomical Chin - Large.

If these complications were really happening consistently we would have seen them by now. But to date I don’t know of 1 case proven with scans. It’s still a hypothetical small risk if depending on your genetic osteoclastic/osteoblastic balance.

Thanks for the information. I think I feel better about getting zygos implants.

do you know any decent surgeons that’d be able to install infraorb & zygos implant in the states, who won’t charge an arm & a leg?

First of all, no you wouldn’t.

Second of all, that’s the dumbest fucking idea I’ve ever heard.

First of all, no you wouldn’t.

Second of all, that’s the dumbest fucking idea I’ve ever heard.

Yes I would and no it’s not.

Between the screw fixation and implant capsule the implant isn’t going anywhere short of a mortal injury like head being run over/crushed by a car in which case it doesn’t even matter does it.

Silicone is the best choice for people who do contact sports because of
1.) The elastic deformation property of silicone (unlike Medpor) means it will never break or permanently deform/get squished
2.) It’s shock absorbance while more rigid implant materials will transfer the energy right to the bone (and maybe even act as leverage point transferring all of that energy to a mini screw and causing a small bone fracture)

Simply put if you take a blow to the face bad enough to extrude a healed implant out of your face then that is the least of your worries because your eyes are probably out of the socket too.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 8771, Gaia262, ascentium and 2 others
Thanks for the information. I think I feel better about getting zygos implants.

do you know any decent surgeons that’d be able to install infraorb & zygos implant in the states, who won’t charge an arm & a leg?

If you are worried about cost I recommend you look internationally where the cost of healthcare is more reasonable without sacrificing experience or safety.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8771

Users who are viewing this thread

Back