[Over] I think I have a speech impediment

Peachy

Peachy

in a void of omnipresent Chaos
Sometimes my words come out as some schizophrenic mumble while it may make perfect sense in my head the moment I say it. I listen to my recordings sometimes and I can't understand what I'm saying. It doesn't happen all the time but it does happen.

Now I understand why chicks lose interest when I start talking.

• +1
Reactions: Petsmart, Lorsss, Drugs and 1 other person
I've had a stuttering problem my whole life, it's not severe at all though luckily

still won't forget when I was humiliated for stuttering

I've had a stuttering problem my whole life, it's not severe at all though luckily

still won't forget when I was humiliated for stuttering
I'm not stuttering. It just sounds like I'm mumbling in a different language.

this is true for me as well, i can't speak properly. i always seem to run out of breath. and ofc i stutter often

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444
Me too i also talk like an autist. You have it all or you have nothing

Open your mouth wider, smiling while talking helps.

• +1
Reactions: adyyyyyyyyyy and Peachy
Open your mouth wider, smiling while talking helps.
I know that works but I look and sound like a tryhard retard doing that. In Russian we don't open our mouths wide.

I know that works but I look and sound like a tryhard retard doing that. In Russian we don't open our mouths wide.
Don’t you live in the US though? If anything smiling while talking will help your “lack of agreeableness” that you complained about before.

Damn same for me bro, it's one of my biggest problems why girls loose interest in me, my speaking is horrible. I listened to my recording as well and it just sounds like some wierd soy gibberish jfl.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Peachy
Don’t you live in the US though? If anything smiling while talking will help your “lack of agreeableness” that you complained about before.
I can't force myself to smile if there's nothing to smile about

Sometimes my words come out as some schizophrenic mumble while it may make perfect sense in my head the moment I say it. I listen to my recordings sometimes and I can't understand what I'm saying. It doesn't happen all the time but it does happen.

Now I understand why chicks lose interest when I start talking.
I mumble like this too and stutter the odd time.
unless I'm with the boys I tend to just stfu unless I have to talk

fuck. We've found the missing link, boyos. I mumble and stammer/stutter a little bit, too! Also speak, 600 miles per hour

Not sure whether it's just a symptom of underlying anxiety about being ugly, or whether it's a genuine impediment.

I think a mixture of BOTH in my case.

There's certain sentences that I can't get to come out right even if I feel relaxed, and am by myself for example

• +1
Reactions: Peachy
fuck. We've found the missing link, boyos. I mumble and stammer/stutter a little bit, too! Also speak, 600 miles per hour

Not sure whether it's just a symptom of underlying anxiety about being ugly, or whether it's a genuine impediment.

I think a mixture of BOTH in my case.

There's certain sentences that I can't get to come out right even if I feel relaxed, and am by myself for example

Here's a vocaroo of what my mumbling sounds like. I exaggerated it, of course, but sometimes actually sound like this when I listen to my voice messages I send to people.

• +1
Reactions: wristcel
I have rhotacism

• +1
Here's a vocaroo of what my mumbling sounds like. I exaggerated it, of course, but sometimes actually sound like this when I listen to my voice messages I send to people.

Would listen too again.
I understood it easily, although that's probably because I have specially trained ears due to listening to myself lol

• JFL
I have rhotacism
Do you live in an English speaking country? It's a common thing in Eastern Europe where we have hard R's, but I've never met anyone in the US who has rhotacism.

• +1
Reactions: Arkantos
Yes speaking goes horribly for me

Stop listening 2 minutes in (usually lack of interest + randomly losing attention)

Forget words mid sentence

Usually freestyle when I open my mouth which results in complete disaster in word order. Basically I have a basic idea of what I want to say so I just spit it out and hope everything comes out all right. (This is the only part I can teach myself to stop doing this but I cba)

Last edited:
Yes speaking goes horribly for me

Stop listening 2 minutes in (usually lack of interest + randomly losing attention)

Forget words mid sentence

Usually freestyle when I open my mouth which results in complete disaster in word order. Basically I have an idea of what I want to say so I just spit it out and hope everything comes out all right. (I can teach myself to stop doing this but I cba)
Guess what, no amount of looksmaxxing will accommodate for that.

I thought that I'd be laughed at for making this thread, but instead everyone says they have the same problem.

Guess what, no amount of looksmaxxing will accommodate for that.

I thought that I'd be laughed at for making this thread, but instead everyone says they have the same problem.
I'm not nt, im looksmaxing pretty much only for validation

Could care less for being social