OVERBİTE

B

blmtprk

Banned
Which surgeries can fix overbite/severe overbite without imdo 16yo living in turkey

Just go to a dentist and they will sort it all out for you lol.

• +1
Reactions: moreroidsmoredates
my maxilla very projected and my mandible is short how they can fix they say himself

my maxilla very projected and my mandible is short how they can fix they say himself
All a dentist will do is get you on braces and jaw surgery. Same as any user here would tell you. You'll probably end up with some form of bimax.

• +1
Reactions: blmtprk
i know i use braces but i dont wanna use elastics,extras to fix my overbite

i know i use braces but i dont wanna use elastics,extras to fix my overbite
Elastics move your jaws. The older you are, the less likely they are to be prescribed since your jaws are done developing. Elastics for an overbite will move your maxilla back and your mandible forward. The mandible will be brought forward a lot more than the maxilla will be brought back, so it shouldn't harm aesthetics much, if at all. It will actually overall improve them significantly.

If you are too old or the overjet is too severe, you will need jaw surgery.

• +1
Elastics move your jaws. The older you are, the less likely they are to be prescribed since your jaws are done developing. Elastics for an overbite will move your maxilla back and your mandible forward. The mandible will be brought forward a lot more than the maxilla will be brought back, so it shouldn't harm aesthetics much, if at all. It will actually overall improve them significantly.

If you are too old or the overjet is too severe, you will need jaw surgery.
honestly... I don't think they move your maxilla at all
just jaw

• +1
Reactions: blmtprk and Allornothing
honestly... I don't think they move your maxilla at all
just jaw
Tension acts both ways though so I would imagine both jaws move at least a bit. In my experience elastics didn't recess my maxilla one bit though, which I'm guessing is because the maxilla is a much harder structure to move than the mandible.

• +1
Tension acts both ways though so I would imagine both jaws move at least a bit. In my experience elastics didn't recess my maxilla one bit though, which I'm guessing is because the maxilla is a much harder structure to move than the mandible.
probably yes.
Can I have your opinion about my case in pm?

• +1