Overhead Press Mogs

Hmmmm interesting. What about your legs though?
IMG 20220717 193905

I have mediocre but defined quads and large calves, having large upper legs is ugly and impairs mobility in my opinion, I've never had a single person comment on my legs, you only get comments about skipping leg day if you've got small calves.

• +1
Reactions: Over
View attachment 1861899

I have mediocre but defined quads and large calves, having large upper legs is ugly and impairs mobility in my opinion, I've never had a single person comment on my legs, you only get comments about skipping leg day if you've got small calves.
nah tbh you should work legs, they are aesthetic as fuck

also you need to squatmog foids at gym

maybe i should shave thighs too, I have them hairy

What are your thoughts on benching with the Swiss bar/ football bar?
good option in combination with a wider bench to minimize the strain on your shoulder while maintaining rom.
show me more pics of your physique, that you on avi?
Gros5
Pos12
Bod6000
Bod3011

random selection of pictures from different angles.

I am 6'2 190lbs by the way.

• +1
View attachment 1861899

Based tbh. I have naturally big quads and it gives me an X taper instead of a V taper. I don't know whether to stop training quads though tbh.

nah tbh you should work legs, they are aesthetic as fuck

also you need to squatmog foids at gym

maybe i should shave thighs too, I have them hairy
I get chafing extremely quickly, which is also part of the reason I don't want larger quads, they're still pretty alright.

I work out at home after work, haven't been to a commercial gym since the pandemic started.

I don't shave them, they just don't have any hair.

• Woah
good enough, doing compounds and few accessory movements mogs muh "8 exercises each muscle group"

are you NATTY too? What's your max bench
I only do floor press instead of bench, my 1 rep max is currently 160kg paused (although I can probably do 170 without pause), it's 180kg when I'm heavier (91kg+)

I'm still natty, yes.

• Woah
Reactions: Prettyboy and Over
I only do floor press instead of bench, my 1 rep max is currently 160kg paused (although I can probably do 170 without pause), it's 180kg when I'm heavier (91kg+)

I'm still natty, yes.

I remember talking to you on discord. You're Dutch right? With grey/ white hair.

I'm still natty, yes.

wtf? Are those more difficult than bench since you can't use legs and arch back?

these kind of legs are ideal tbh not too big not too small

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I remember talking to you on discord. You're Dutch right? With grey/ white hair.
I bleached it the other day, but it was already greyish blond to begin with so that only took 15 minutes.

I'm not shy about my face, I just don't post it publicly because I don't want to be featured in some future incel documentary.

• JFL
Reactions: Ryldoo IS COPING
I bleached it the other day, but it was already greyish blond to begin with so that only took 15 minutes.

I'm not shy about my face, I just don't post it publicly because I don't want to be featured in some future incel documentary.
Yeah, you have a Mogger physique. Tbh it excites me to see you do so well as a natty. Gives me hope for the future.

wtf? Are those more difficult than bench since you can't use legs and arch back?
it depends on your anatomy, for me they're roughly the same, I do try bench sometimes even though I don't actively train on it and my 1 rep max is roughly the same on it, it feels slightly easier to do it on a bench due to leg drive but that might just be imaginary.

short guys (who also have short arms) tend to have a higher floor press than bench.

Yeah, you have a Mogger physique. Tbh it excites me to see you do so well as a natty. Gives me hope for the future.
I can post my blood work to prove it too, and my exercise selection isn't even optimal, just very efficient time-wise.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055
Based tbh. I have naturally big quads and it gives me an X taper instead of a V taper. I don't know whether to stop training quads though tbh.
trunk legs are a halo

• +1
I can post my blood work to prove it too, and my exercise selection isn't even optimal, just very efficient time-wise.
Please do, I am interested how would your hormonal profile look like

it depends on your anatomy, for me they're roughly the same, I do try bench sometimes even though I don't actively train on it and my 1 rep max is roughly the same on it, it feels slightly easier to do it on a bench due to leg drive but that might just be imaginary.

short guys (who also have short arms) tend to have a higher floor press than bench.
so you're stronger on bench as NATTY, than David Laid who is roided (he benched 170kg I think and deadlifted 306)

Blood tests are poor proof of one's natty status but I still believe you're natty

@Arborist do you have thick bulky bones? What's your wrist circum.

• +1
Reactions: SoonToAscend
Tbh only untrained wrists will tell you anything about bone structure. The tendons there can thicken substantially if you are stressing the wrist enough.

• Woah
Reactions: Aero and Over
Please do, I am interested how would your hormonal profile look like
Lab3
Lab4

very average, only thing that stands out is that my testosterone is relatively good for being low bodyfat for extended periods of time, but it's not sky high or anything.

so you're stronger on bench as NATTY, than David Laid who is roided (he benched 170kg I think and deadlifted 306)
my deadlift is also the same as his, but I rarely try 1 rep maxes on it and don't have a video of it so you don't have to believe me on this one.

my wrists are only somewhere in the middle of 7 inches, I have pretty thick ankles (10 inch) though.

Tbh only untrained wrists will tell you anything about bone structure. The tendons there can thicken substantially if you are stressing the wrist enough.
you cannot thicken the wrist bone even if you hold 500kg on flat bench

my deadlift is also the same as his
so at 86kg BW, you deadlift 306kg, are very lean, and NATTY?

Beztytuu

• +1
very average, only thing that stands out is that my testosterone is relatively good for being low bodyfat for extended periods of time, but it's not sky high or anything.
oh yeah, definitely, you got any tests while being higher bodyfat/eating more?

you cannot thicken the wrist bone even if you hold 500kg on flat bench
I didn't say that, I said tendons can thicken.

But bones can also thicken due to stress. Professionals tennis players have up to 30% thicker bones in the forearm they play with

• So Sad
  • Woah
oh yeah, definitely, you got any tests while being higher bodyfat/eating more?
I'll be getting it done again this winter when I'm heavier.

trying to get to a 200kg+ floor press eventually.

• +1
Reactions: SoonToAscend and Over
I was 93kg back when I did that, I can probably do about 280 now if I had to guess, lost a solid amount of strength from cutting.
that's still world class elite level

Beztytuu

• JFL
You CANNOT go wrong by being strong at the strict standing Barbell OHP. I can OHP close to 1 plate now and my shoulders are easily my best body part.
Getting strong at an exercise and being strong at an exercise are not the same thing. I OHP over one plate, and the best delt gains I've had have been from doing accessory exercises. OHP seems to be good for the triceps, though.

• Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: Ryldoo IS COPING and SoonToAscend
OHP is fun af.
Something primal about pushing a shit tonne of weight over your head.

Not the best exercise for the previously mentioned reasons.
Great for building base and a general understanding of how strong your delts are.

Once i started repping one plate+ my shoulders really started popping off.
Add in a lot of lateral raieses and facepulls = mogger formula for shoulder to waist ratio.

• JFL
Reactions: Ryldoo IS COPING, Deleted member 15669 and Over
my wrists are only somewhere in the middle of 7 inches, I have pretty thick ankles (10 inch) though.
Can you measure accurately, I want to lifefuel myself cuz I have 6.7inch wrists and I think I will never be as strong as 8inch moggers

Can you measure accurately, I want to lifefuel myself cuz I have 6.7inch wrists and I think I will never be as strong as 8inch moggers
If you work hard and consistently for several years with good methodology then you'll mog 99% of people

18.5 cm

• +1
is 50kg standing ohp in reps decent? i know its not amazing but i got an injured shoulder and a broken collar bone for years and i only weight 70kg

• +1
is 50kg standing ohp in reps decent? i know its not amazing but i got an injured shoulder and a broken collar bone for years and i only weight 70kg
Mogs me

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 1140
you don't want to do ohp heavy, it's one of those movement where volume > weight.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1140, Over and yorker12
OHP used to be my favourite lift back when I did barbell training.

It's not a substitute for bench though, you will not grow chest with OHP. They do interfere with each other unfortunately because of the involvement of anterior deltoid and tricep. So I liked to alternate which one I would do first.

I think I used to do 50kg x 12 reps for my working sets.

• +1
OHP used to be my favourite lift back when I did barbell training.

It's not a substitute for bench though, you will not grow chest with OHP. They do interfere with each other unfortunately because of the involvement of anterior deltoid and tricep. So I liked to alternate which one I would do first.

I think I used to do 50kg x 12 reps for my working sets.
Do you think you should do tricep exercise the same day as OHP?

"Apart from a rather limited number of hardcore bodybuilders who are misguided enough to believe that they have a chance to compete against the outright genetic freaks that now dominate bodybuilding competition, just about anybody else in this country can produce nearly all of the potential benefits of proper exercise without spending much if anything in excess of about twenty dollars. You can build both a chinning bar and a pair of parallel dip bars for a total cost of only a few dollars, and those two exercises, chins and dips, if properly performed, will stimulate muscular growth in your upper body and arms that will eventually lead to muscular size and strength that is very close to your potential.

Adding full squats, eventually leading up to one-legged full squats, and one-legged calf raises, will do much the same thing for your legs and hips. Using this very simple routine, when you get strong enough to perform about ten repetitions of one-armed chins with each arm, your arms will leave very little to be desired. Or, instead, you can do what many thousands of others are now doing and piss away thousands of dollars and years of largely wasted effort while producing far less results. The choice is yours. One of the best pair of arms that I ever saw on a man belonged to a guy that I knew about fifty years ago in New York, and he never performed any sort of exercise apart from chins and dips, and damned few of them."
- Arthur Jones in 1996

"Apart from a rather limited number of hardcore bodybuilders who are misguided enough to believe that they have a chance to compete against the outright genetic freaks that now dominate bodybuilding competition, just about anybody else in this country can produce nearly all of the potential benefits of proper exercise without spending much if anything in excess of about twenty dollars. You can build both a chinning bar and a pair of parallel dip bars for a total cost of only a few dollars, and those two exercises, chins and dips, if properly performed, will stimulate muscular growth in your upper body and arms that will eventually lead to muscular size and strength that is very close to your potential.

Adding full squats, eventually leading up to one-legged full squats, and one-legged calf raises, will do much the same thing for your legs and hips. Using this very simple routine, when you get strong enough to perform about ten repetitions of one-armed chins with each arm, your arms will leave very little to be desired. Or, instead, you can do what many thousands of others are now doing and piss away thousands of dollars and years of largely wasted effort while producing far less results. The choice is yours. One of the best pair of arms that I ever saw on a man belonged to a guy that I knew about fifty years ago in New York, and he never performed any sort of exercise apart from chins and dips, and damned few of them."
- Arthur Jones in 1996
This is cope tbh