Palate changes with just 2 weeks of mewing?

TaCopineEstMoche

TaCopineEstMoche

Banned
As a fully developed adult I wasn't expecting any physical changes, except better overall posture and a less fucked up neck. But 2 weeks in, it feels like my palate has already changed shape. I had read that the palate might flatten somewhat over time. The front half of my palate is high vaulted, then it comes down to a lower level and goes up slightly again when it reaches the soft part.

To my surprise, either the vaulted section has dropped a little, or the low part has raised a bit. But now it's much easier for my tongue to fit in the vaulted part, and running my tongue from front of palate to back definitely feels flatter. Kind of surprised at that.

• +1
Reactions: Dude420
An old sage once said; "The energy created by the force applied by your tongue on the roof of your mouth has to be absorbed by something, it can't dissipate without impacting in some ways the structure that is absorbing the force, this is basic physics."

Based on that logic he also said; hard mew for greater results.

• +1
Reactions: laske.7, TaCopineEstMoche and LooksJourney
The palate is relatively soft, so yes results there are to be expected.

• +1
Reactions: TaCopineEstMoche
Fuck, i wear post-braces plastic shit every night so it seems like mewing wont work for me (for my palate, at least).

Adult palatal expansion (and upper jaw expansion) is feasible because of the midline suture that doesn't fuse until much later in adult age. No such thing is feasible for the lower jaw/mandible.

God damn I hope mewing works. I have to continue hardmewing. I really hope that I notice one day, just barely that I have just half an inch shorter midface. I believe, but I think it requires a seriously strong force over a seriously long duration of time.

God damn I hope mewing works. I have to continue hardmewing. I really hope that I notice one day, just barely that I have just half an inch shorter midface. I believe, but I think it requires a seriously strong force over a seriously long duration of time.
How old are you? And yeah I think what people don’t understand is hard mewing means HARD mewing. It should be very physically uncomfortable. Every pound of force the tongue can generate should be forced against the palate.

How old are you? And yeah I think what people don’t understand is hard mewing means HARD mewing. It should be very physically uncomfortable. Every pound of force the tongue can generate should be forced against the palate.
21, so most the free development is already done. But not so old that it's hopeless. It's largely based on bone regeneration too, so older peoples bodies see slower changes simply because the time it takes for their body to regenerate bone mass is much longer.

An old sage once said; "The energy created by the force applied by your tongue on the roof of your mouth has to be absorbed by something, it can't dissipate without impacting in some ways the structure that is absorbing the force, this is basic physics."

Based on that logic he also said; hard mew for greater results.

Yeah it's insane the pressure I feel in certain parts of my head if I hard mew, and how these locations change with just slight differences in tongue position/direction of force. Sometimes it's my lower jaw, sometimes my nose and cheekbones, other times the back of my skull.