Parents have low expectations of me

M

Mealworm

Sphinx
I consider myself an overachiever, but I get no recognition from my parents. It's like they're living in another reality. I don't need their acceptance, but they have such low expectations for me. For example, when I talk to my mom about colleges and universities and say, "I want to go to College A," she responds with, "Why don't you go to College B?" which is a closer and merely mediocre option. They have never set any expectations for me all my life, and I have never received any motivation from them to try new things. Thank God I was smart enough to find my own path. Has anyone else experienced this

• +1
Reactions: Miant Gimplants
same here, ever since I got btfo’ed at nursing school in 2018. They have been lowering the bar on me. I want to be an accountant; they tell me to be an anesthesia tech. It’s over man !

• +1
Reactions: humanoidsub7
same here, ever since I got btfo’ed at nursing school in 2018. They have been lowering the bar on me. I want to be an accountant; they tell me to be an anesthesia tech. It’s over man !
At least they had some expectations of you

At least they had some expectations of you
I guess; I am nearing 30 years old. The time for ascension is like 14 man. Regardless; I will still strive to be successful

I did well in school until 2 and a bit years ago when I got brutally blackpilled and basically stopped caring for anything in life for 2 years straight

I did well in school until 2 and a bit years ago when I got brutally blackpilled and basically stopped caring for anything in life for 2 years straight
Nigga I need money to get out of here

Fuark imagine running half the race, and then quitting. You have to pitch a perfect game as an incel !

• So Sad
Reactions: <6PSLcel
Fuark imagine running half the race, and then quitting. You have to pitch a perfect game as an incel !
How do you make money

my parents have high expectations but dont give a shit when I meet them. it hurts

• +1
Reactions: yeeyeeslayer
I’m so fucking done with this shit seriously dude, the straw that breaks the camels back will be if rhino and lip widening doesn’t make me low htn at the very fucking least

I’m so fucking done with this shit seriously dude, the straw that breaks the camels back will be if rhino and lip widening doesn’t make me low htn at the very fucking least
True going through school or anything really as a sub-htn is just unideal. I am experiencing this even at the lowest pit known as pharmacy tech. JFL if you didn't get the easy road, but instead are stuck in veteran difficulty mode.

• +1
Reactions: <6PSLcel
True going through school or anything really as a sub-htn is just unideal. I am experiencing this even at the lowest pit known as pharmacy tech. JFL if you didn't get the easy road, but instead are stuck in veteran difficulty mode.
How do I become independent unc

At least you're honest
yea the last 15 years or so have been complete failure. Hopefully; I can still make something happen but idk.

How do I become independent unc
get a job, make money. Or gut through school, get a good degree, and make money. Unless you are good at social media, are an entertainer, or make it as an athlete those are the only 2 avenues to make independence possible.

get a job, make money. Or gut through school, get a good degree, and make money. Unless you are good at social media, are an entertainer, or make it as an athlete those are the only 2 avenues to make independence possible.
Fuck

yea, it sucks man. The system is too streamlined for entrepreneurship. I'm sure there is some way out of it, but I have not figured it out up to this point yet.

what u need is underdog mentality