Peek vs Silicone

randomvanish

randomvanish

České srdce, otevřené všem!
there is only one disadvantage of peek over silicone, there need to be bigger incisions to insert it to the bone.
I couldn't find a legit source how much it should be bigger comparing with silicone.

@Win200 stated that he can feel the incision area inside his mouth (not feeling uncomfortable but he can felt it), so I wonder if peek is not a good solution as a facial implant comparing with wraparound implants.

Anyone encounter any article on this ?

• +1
Reactions: metagross and valhalar
@CosmicMaxxer @SendMePicsToRate @PapiMew

• +1
Reactions: metagross
there is only one disadvantage of peek over silicone, there need to be bigger incisions to insert it to the bone.
I couldn't find a legit source how much it should be bigger comparing with silicone.

@Win200 stated that he can feel the incision area inside his mouth (not feeling uncomfortable but he can felt it), so I wonder if peek is not a good solution as a facial implant comparing with wraparound implants.

Anyone encounter any article on this ?

Peek is an excellent material for implants, it really mimics bone very well . The only draw back is that it's not flexible so the incision sites are usually very large (more swelling/scarring)

Silicon is trash imo, way too flexible and doesn't have the bone like feel.

But it's more down to the design and how it's fixated that is more important.

• +1
Reactions: eyebagcel, metagross and randomvanish
Peek is an excellent material for implants, it really mimics bone very well . The only draw back is that it's not flexible so the incision sites are usually very large (more swelling/scarring)

Silicon is trash imo, way too flexible and doesn't have the bone like feel.

But it's more down to the design and how it's fixated that is more important.
do you know if infection is less likely with peek? that’s what’s putting me off the most since i have money for only one big surgery

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
do you know if infection is less likely with peek? that’s what’s putting me off the most since i have money for only one big surgery

I'm not sure of the comparison in infection rates to be honest. They are most likely similar.

Think it has to do with your bodies ability to handle any foreign mmaterial in you, as well as if it's fixated properly or it's moving. Also other things like inter op hygiene and post op hygiene.

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg and eyebagcel
I'm not sure of the comparison in infection rates to be honest. They are most likely similar.

Think it has to do with your bodies ability to handle any foreign mmaterial in you, as well as if it's fixated properly or it's moving. Also other things like inter op hygiene and post op hygiene.
infection rate should be higher due to a bigger incision IMHO but not sure.

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg and Gaia262

Users who are viewing this thread

Back