People in 2022 talk about how great the 90s were, ppl in the 90s talked about how great the 60s were...

NuclearBrainReturns

NuclearBrainReturns

Matthew 4:1-11
People in the 60s spoke about how great the 1920s were, and so on.

People always talk about how great the past was compared to the present. Some young people compare how great life seemed in the past to now and think the same.

However, I think this time it's different. When people look back at life in the 90s and back, it really was better. Maybe they didn't have the technology, they might have lived longer if they had vapes instead of cigarettes, they might have made friends they wouldn't have found otherwise through the internet. But overall, life was so much better in the 90s and 60s socially.

We know that government propaganda is much more rampant because of the internet and how quickly it can set narratives compared to posters or television advertisements of the past. But that's just one example really.

Not sure how much of this is 'water', but I was watching a speech by Ronald Reagan from 1964. He was complaining how compared to the dollar in 1939, the 1964 US dollar had lost 45 cents. Sound familiar?

Every decade that passes our currencies become devalued. Over and over it gets worse and worse and one day you may be looking back on the 2010s with nostalgia (maybe you even do it now, I know I look back on the early 2000s with nostalgia). People born in 2100 will be looking back to the early 2100s with nostalgia when they are in their 20s and up, if we make it that long...

• +1
Reactions: FrameMogger and Deleted member 18020