People need to rethink how they view mewing

SubhumanCurrycel

SubhumanCurrycel

It’s just hair bro
People here a divided on mewing.
They either think its a godsend that could replace jaw surgery or that its complete cope when in reality its neither.

Mewing is not something that is good, the lack of mewing is something that is bad and you mew to avoid negative consequences not to garner positive gains. The entire point of mewing is to prevent downswing and tooth crowding as you age.

Babies are born with normal profiles which can either stay proportional or become worse overtime depending with habits, im pretty sure Mike Mew even says this himself but people have misappropriated it to be some miracle alternative to braces or jaw surgery or fixing a fucked palate

The entire point of mewing is to make sure the jaw, palate and the bite dont get fucked up in the first place, its not to fix them. Its like sunscreen. You apply sunscreen to prevent sun damage, you cant apply sunscreen to fix skin that is already sun damaged, mewing is the exact same principle

I still think it is important especially during puberty considering our faces put on significant bone mass, proper facial habits would prevent the face from growing fucked up in this period

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 22540, Yerico7, VeryFuglyNiyguhs and 29 others
Most normies know that mouth breathing is bad

My uncle showed me a vine of it and I mew since then

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad, noodlelover, Lmao and 2 others
Keeping good oral posture dosn't make you chad but you will be punishied if you dont do it.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7, Slob, ChristianChad and 3 others
Haven't followed mewers/thegreatworks in years but has anyone actually provided facial scans with bone growth?

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
Haven't followed mewers/thegreatworks in years but has anyone actually provided facial scans with bone growth?
your cutecel bones will become subhuman if you don't mew during puberty

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: It'snotover, Gigatron, SubhumanCurrycel and 1 other person
im trying to chew mastic gum with my front teeth to see if I can get some rotation of the maxilla combined with mewing

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel and Elvisandreaa
your cutecel bones will become subhuman if you don't mew during puberty
Tell that to this mouthdrooler who has better growth than most of us.

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: 7zyzz7, Slob, Deleted member 1851 and 3 others
Mewing is cope. It's objectively and scientifically flawed. It's a direct example of the correlation vs. causation fallacy -- thinking that mouth breathing causes recession and not the other way around. Throw in some pseudoscientific misquoted studies and you get a bunch of teenagers who somehow believe that the maxilla is a singular object capable of rotating and not part of the entire nasoorbital-zygomaxillary complex that's influenced by the sphenoid which directly contributes to undesirable growth patterns.

Not only are recessed maxillae sagittal suboptimally positioned, but they are hypoplastic (not long enough) and transversally deficient. Therefore less than an ounce of resting tongue support isn't enough to cause the entire maxillary process to not only grow more in length, but also somehow rotate itself at the original attachment despite being in a rigid attachment.

• +1
Reactions: Slob, Deleted member 17997, noodlelover and 4 others
Mewing is cope. It's objectively and scientifically flawed. It's a direct example of the correlation vs. causation fallacy -- thinking that mouth breathing causes recession and not the other way around. Throw in some pseudoscientific misquoted studies and you get a bunch of teenagers who somehow believe that the maxilla is a singular object capable of rotating and not part of the entire nasoorbital-zygomaxillary complex that's influenced by the sphenoid which directly contributes to undesirable growth patterns.

Not only are recessed maxillae sagittal suboptimally positioned, but they are hypoplastic (not long enough) and transversally deficient. Therefore less than an ounce of resting tongue support isn't enough to cause the entire maxillary process to not only grow more in length, but also somehow rotate itself at the original attachment despite being in a rigid attachment.
What causes this then? It can’t entirely be genetic because observationally studies fund that tooth crowding and bite issues are most prevalent in 1st world developed countries

• +1
Reactions: Lmao
They either think its a godsend that could replace jaw surgery or that its complete cope when in reality its neither.
Stop reading here. Cope thread.

• +1
Reactions: cutecel
What causes this then? It can’t entirely be genetic because observationally studies fund that tooth crowding and bite issues are most prevalent in 1st world developed countries
Evolution. Larger air portal is a weather-adapted trait for warm weather, and warm countries are all be poor af so it's a false correlation. Same way that smaller air portals are a cold-adapted trait which is why East Slavs and Eskimos have flat af faces.

• Woah
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 2816, Slob, Deleted member 17997 and 3 others
Evolution. Larger air portal is a weather-adapted trait for warm weather, and warm countries are all be poor af so it's a false correlation. Same way that smaller air portals are a cold-adapted trait which is why East Slavs and Eskimos have flat af faces.
I guess that makes sense, I’ve watched Mews videos but it’s been a while, I remember him citing a population that had significantly increased rates of malocclusion after 3 generations of a westernised diet. Never looked into it further though don’t know how true it is

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17997

stop trying to level the competition mewing doesn't work for becoming a gigachad but it prevents further abnormal facial growth

• +1
Reactions: szolliontaraelis and BeestungLipsTheory
stop trying to level the competition mewing doesn't work for becoming a gigachad but it prevents further abnormal facial growth
No it doesn't. How does your soft ass tongue resting on your palate have an impactful effect on the entire maxillary complex? People don't want to accept the truth that genetics cause poor growth patterns. Literal studies done that show malocclusions are genetic.

• +1
Reactions: Slob, StrangerDanger and cutecel
No it doesn't. How does your soft ass tongue resting on your palate have an impactful effect on the entire maxillary complex? People don't want to accept the truth that genetics cause poor growth patterns. Literal studies done that show malocclusions are genetic.
jewish studies, mike mews theories are solid, the tongue is an opposite force to the jaw, did you even watch his essays or are you simply using personal anecdote of "my tongue doesn't do shit"

• +1
Reactions: BeestungLipsTheory
jewish studies, mike mews theories are solid, the tongue is an opposite force to the jaw, did you even watch his essays or are you simply using personal anecdote of "my tongue doesn't do shit"
the tongue isn't a force. your tongue is resting on your palate. not pushing or placing any force on it.

• +1
Reactions: Slob and cutecel
I guess that makes sense, I’ve watched Mews videos but it’s been a while, I remember him citing a population that had significantly increased rates of malocclusion after 3 generations of a westernised diet. Never looked into it further though don’t know how true it is
Probably cuz all the hypoplastic white boys who moved/conquered there started fucking the ethnic bitches. How does diet relate to mewing? Same shit as people thinking diet determines height when the starving messaih tribe is like 6'8" on average.

• +1
Reactions: Slob, SubhumanCurrycel and cutecel
Good thread OP.

I knew it from the beginning, it was not a solution to my problems, but a prevention to future problems; I have a flat face from genetics (or so, I think, or it could just be recessed from my mouth-breathing and bland diet as I didn't keep my jaws constantly moving, so I'll consider Bimax in the future). Genetics also plays an important role, but so does the environment, this depends on each person:
  • In some people it could be 70% genetics and 30% environment.
  • And in other it could be 60% Genetics and 40% Environment and so on...
Good that I discovered Looksmax in my puberty (and I have slow/late puberty) so I can at least recover and have decent growth and development.

• +1
the tongue isn't a force. your tongue is resting on your palate. not pushing or placing any force on it.
This nigga, JFL. The tongue is the strongest and largest muscle in the mouth (in case you didn't know it, now you do it) and therefore, it needs force or suction to be ENGAGED to the palate, otherwise it wouldn't be 100%.

• +1
you need force to rest your tongue on the palate you cant rest your tongue unless its on the bottom of your mouth so even if its a small force its a force

This nigga, JFL. The tongue is the strongest and largest muscle in the mouth (in case you didn't know it, now you do it) and therefore, it needs force or suction to be ENGAGED to the palate, otherwise it wouldn't be 100%.
It's the only muscle in the mouth retard. "Engaged" means that you're a properly developed human who has enough sagittal and transverse palatate volume for your tongue to rest on it. There's little to no upward force at all, and surely not enough to influence your entire maxillary process and cranial base.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Slob and StrangerDanger
you need force to rest your tongue on the palate you cant rest your tongue unless its on the bottom of your mouth so even if its a small force its a force
So by your logic, wearing clothes would cause you to grow up to be shorter than if u were naked all day. The amount of force is insignificant unless you're talking about "hard mewing" aka retards needlessly and autistically straining their mylohyoid muscles.

• +1
The amount of force is insignificant unless you're talking about "hard mewing" aka retards needlessly straining their muscles for no reason.
teeth crowding is caused by the tongue not resting on the palate because there is no force to keep them separate
and hard mewing is retarded because chewing has greater benefit I mew chew gum and tape my mouth at night for sleep quality.

teeth crowding is caused by the tongue not resting on the palate because there is no force to keep them separate
and hard mewing is retarded because chewing has greater benefit I mew chew gum and tape my mouth at night for sleep quality.
The teeth are not comparable to your entire skull. Even then, it's correlation vs causation. Someone whose palate is so small that they're teeth can't even properly position themselves won't have enough room for their tongue.

How does chewing have any influence on the sagittal development of your face? Another retard confirmed?

• +1
Reactions: Slob
The teeth are not comparable to your entire skull. Even then, it's correlation vs causation.
how can your teeth become crowded while also not shrinking the palate and thus the maxilla?

how can your teeth become crowded while also not shrinking the palate and thus the maxilla?
Maybe because it's genetic? Have you not read my other posts?

does your palate not equal your teeth separation? and isn't a wide palate strongly correlated to maxilla growth?
both transverse and sagittal growth are correlated with crooked teeth.

They also noted in the old days savages didn't bald like civilized men but there descendants began to bald once brought up in western countries.

Its not cope for keeping your teeth straight

im trying to chew mastic gum with my front teeth to see if I can get some rotation of the maxilla combined with mewing

Best way to build temporal muscles and start looking like megamind:lul:

• Hmm...
Reactions: mug

Mewing is not something that is good, the lack of mewing is something that is bad and you mew to avoid negative consequences not to garner positive gains. The entire point of mewing is to prevent downswing and tooth crowding as you age.

Babies are born with normal profiles which can either stay proportional or become worse overtime depending with habits, im pretty sure Mike Mew even says this himself but people have misappropriated it to be some miracle alternative to braces or jaw surgery or fixing a fucked palate
View attachment 1889906
The entire point of mewing is to make sure the jaw, palate and the bite dont get fucked up in the first place, its not to fix them. Its like sunscreen. You apply sunscreen to prevent sun damage, you cant apply sunscreen to fix skin that is already sun damaged, mewing is the exact same principle

I still think it is important especially during puberty considering our faces put on significant bone mass, proper facial habits would prevent the face from growing fucked up in this period
Cope baby can have under bite over bite open bite

el ghst has shown x ray proof of ccw rotation apparenlty

• Hmm...
so it's basically being male in a nutshell: doing the right thing will make you nothing special, but do the wrong thing and you're cursed for life

• +1
Reactions: Slob and SubhumanCurrycel

You're such a dunning kruger, legit the krugeriest of the looksmax community.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: gymcel_retard and BeestungLipsTheory

A5f1xekmfav61

• +1
Reactions: Hipcel
It’s true. At least in Senegal. All the middle/upper class kids that grew up with a westernized diet have teeth problems and wore braces at one point.

• +1
My grandfather always told me to close my mouth so that a fly wouldn't fly into my mouth (basically telling me not to mouthbreathe) when I was like 6

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Hipcel and SubhumanCurrycel
Mewing actually helped me fix the asymmetries I had in my jaw. The right side of my jaw was underdeveloped because I had a molar extracted in 2018 and I stopped using that side ever since. It literally had no ramus and I could feel my TMJ crack every time I fully opened my mouth. Flash foward 1y later of mewing and even less of chewing and the right side is coming back up again. No cracking, the ramus is protruding now and the masseters are growing back.

People view mewing as something miraculous that will give them a chad ass jawline but it was never about that.
The only things it can do is either guide the normal growth of tue jaw in the right direction or help you reach your genetic limit when it comes to jaw development. If you are genetically predisposed to recession, you can mew a 1000 years and it would still come out the same.

Mewing is not cope. If it doesn’t work for you you were either too old or your genes were trash to begin with.

• +1
Mewing actually helped me fix the asymmetries I had in my jaw. The right side of my jaw was underdeveloped because I had a molar extracted in 2018 and I stopped using that side ever since. It literally had no ramus and I could feel my TMJ crack every time I fully opened my mouth. Flash foward 1y later of mewing and even less of chewing and the right side is coming back up again. No cracking, the ramus is protruding now and the masseters are growing back.

People view mewing as something miraculous that will give them a chad ass jawline but it was never about that.
The only things it can do is either guide the normal growth of tue jaw in the right direction or help you reach your genetic limit when it comes to jaw development. If you are genetically predisposed to recession, you can mew a 1000 years and it would still come out the same.

Mewing is not cope. If it doesn’t work for you you were either too old or your genes were trash to begin with.
I know a user here who mewed and chewed a lot unilaterally to fix uneven molar extraction his asymmetry used to be quite obvious now it’s barely noticeable, great change considering it was non-surgical

I know a user here who mewed and chewed a lot unilaterally to fix uneven molar extraction his asymmetry used to be quite obvious now it’s barely noticeable, great change considering it was non-surgical
Yeah bro that’s exactly what happened to me. The asymmetry was noticeable all throughout my face especially on the the jaw. But since the ramus started expanding, the rest of the asymmetry looks rather natural: one cheekbone bigger than the other, one eyebrow sitting higher etc…

I hate when genetically defect mfs cry about everything being cope when it doesn’t work for them when they should be blaming themselves first or their parents.

• +1