People seem to say braces ruin your face, does Invisalign do the same?

D

Deleted member 18515

Bronze
Title.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
How do braces ruin your face? It pushes back the upper jaw (if you have an underbite, so this is in most cases), which shouldn't be forward-grown anyways. Sometimes the lower jaw is pushed forwards, too.

• JFL
Reactions: Perfectumbrain
How do braces ruin your face? It pushes back the upper jaw (if you have an underbite, so this is in most cases), which shouldn't be forward-grown anyways. Sometimes the lower jaw is pushed forwards, too.
idk thats what ppl say they say it narrows palate

Why are maxilla prognathism treatments not done with braces?

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
what ab invislign
BRACES AND INSVASLING ARE THE SAME SHIT
Just one is more aesthetic and u can lose Invisalign also
If they are just fixing ur crowding i think u should be good nigger

• +1
Reactions: currylightskin
BRACES AND INSVASLING ARE THE SAME SHIT
Just one is more aesthetic and u can lose Invisalign also
If they are just fixing ur crowding i think u should be good nigger
he should fix the underlying reason for his crowding first. Something I am not completely sure of is if braces after appropriate expansion have negative effects on horizontal growth.

The problem with braces is that if you have an overbite(lower jaw far behind upper jaw), sometimes the procedure is pulling the upper jaw back with extractions.
this causes maxillary recession.
Invisalign should be alright though as they just realign the teeth which should be naturally done by a proper lip seal, but modern day mouth breathing copers are unable to have a proper lip seal.

he should fix the underlying reason for his crowding first. Something I am not completely sure of is if braces after appropriate expansion have negative effects on horizontal growth.
How would be fix it? Crowding obviously means narrow jaws, so only way is through expansion like mewing but people have 0 faith in mewing and to have real results you would have to be chin tucked for prolonged periods of time which no one does so he good w just braces