People who were fat: do you feel miserable at low bf?

slavmaxxer

slavmaxxer

Iron
I was very obese in my teens. At 20 I started serious dieting and was able to be very fit, between 8-15% bf. During that period I was tired almost all the time. Didn't have the energy to do anything. It was very hard for me to think clearly and learn something.

At 27 I got an injury and gained a lot of weight. Now I have about 25% bf and feel very well mentally. I have very good focus and it's very easy to learn something new.

Did you have something similar in your experience with fighting fat?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670
you prob had some deficiencies or stressed to much about food

I was very obese in my teens. At 20 I started serious dieting and was able to be very fit, between 8-15% bf. During that period I was tired almost all the time. Didn't have the energy to do anything. It was very hard for me to think clearly and learn something.

At 27 I got an injury and gained a lot of weight. Now I have about 25% bf and feel very well mentally. I have very good focus and it's very easy to learn something new.

Did you have something similar in your experience with fighting fat?
:ROFLMAO: Brutal
Your looks or your happiness

:ROFLMAO: Brutal
Your looks or your happiness
It's really brutal, but I'm still trying to find a solution to this problem. Maybe I should monitor my hormones levels at different bf %, so maybe I will find the cause of this shitty feeling. Sometimes people say that at a very low bf your thyroid could be producing not enough hormones, so maybe you can stimulate it somehow.

• +1
Reactions: Cortisol Ghoul
do you eat a lot of garbage? :owo:

Quality of life for way better till around 12%, 12-15 is easily maintainable but any lower takes meal prepping and a decent bit of will power to maintain. I was around 30% for reference.

No because I have shit fat distribution. Actually killing myself if I go lard mode ever again.

never fat but dieting to 10% bf really fucking sucks. constant hunger pangs, craving for delicious food.
tbh theres alot of strategy to it. for example. eating 6 small meals instead of 3. fasting for 6hrs with coffee after waking up, drinking 1L diet coke every meal, eating chicken salads and popcorn as snacks.

Also you need to go outside, and be noticed by people. if you don't socialize, you will lose the motivation to eat that way.. the presure must exist, thats why so many of them start youtube and instagram channels
zyzz-miring.gif

• +1
Reactions: Chadethnic101 and Chinacurry
No. I feel, sleep, and work 10x better at low bodyfat.

Whats weird is that even my sexdrive is noticeably higher which is opposite to most.

I feel bad when lean below like 15%, my genetics are just not disposed to it so usually I hover 14/15. ALso when I get lower, my face looks sunken and shit. I have like a bit of abs in certain lighting bt generally nothing to write home about, but I overall look better at this, even though i can get leaner if I want to

When underweight generally my sleep is worse, and also I am more in a bad mood and triggered by shit more

Everything that people describe as "feeling worse" here is due to suboptimal dieting, not bf in isolation. Yes very low bf will probably make you feel worse, but like being between 12-14 ideally shouldn't unless you starve yourself to get there.

Tbh I've never been 10% but have been close to 12%,

I felt quite hungry all the time and binged and lost it on holiday(perfect excuse right lol)

What I've learnt is 12% is doable to maintain, (reverse diet after you finish your cut) start increasing walking etc for NEET increase so you can eat more.
12-15% is maintainable particularly 14-15% range.
If your face looks great at this bf you are lucky.
Mine starts getting a little bloated, I need to be 12% to be leanest.

Long term I see myself hovering around 12-15% once finished cutting will focus on hormonal health tbh and to feel good

• +1
Reactions: slavmaxxer