People with a greater difference between chin/ramus height have fatter looking submental regions

6ft4

6ft4

TFBEM is the Meta
My Ramus to chin positioning is like that on the left
I remember once having a candid photo taken while I was looking downwards and my submental region in the pic looked fat af despite being decently low bodyfat and never seeing an issue with my submental region before
I put it down to my mandible being recessed and not long enough to stretch the soft tissue but I've recently been thinking that the shape might have more to do with it
I have asymmetry between my left and right side of my mandible
One side looks slightly more like the pic on the right just due to growing differently and having a molar extracted which reduced the steepness of the slope to a small degree
I initially thought that my side that looked like the left looked better because it was bulkier and had more mass whereas the side that looked like the right was a bit softer due to less bone
However, I am now thinking that the way the soft tissue stretches and interacts with the bone is not just based on mass but largely on bone shape
The jaw on the right may have less mass and cast less of a shadow in pics in downlighting (surgeon mentioned the shadow cast by my mandible in pics when I tried convince him I had a cuck jaw that needed an implant) but it will actually provide a sharper look when it comes to the soft tissue because there isn't a huge void to fill between the difference in chin height and ramus height

• +1
Reactions: datboijj and brucel
just kidding will read later(y)

My mandible is so small it doesn’t appear

more 'fat' in submental region means that your masseter muscle is properly developed

• JFL
  • Woah
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Dystopian, datboijj and Deleted member 16275
The key to solve this quickest:
Genioplasty with 2 mm upward 6-8 mm forward.
Some long lasting bone like filler like radiesse at the jaw angles to lower them.
Buccal fat removal.

• +1
Reactions: 6ft4