@pessimistic is delusional about male strength genetics

thecel

thecel

narrow-orbits brachy-skull ogre
When people go to the gym and are genetic shit, they find it hard to build an aesthetic and strong upper body. After some time, they can barely bench press 225lbs/100 kilos.

How long is “some time”? A few months? Most average-size-in-the-West guys take many months to 1 year to hit 225 for a single, and the variance between individuals is very broad. Poll about 6 reps 225:

Many men with average genetics plateau out their newbie linear gains on bench under 225 and have to get really serious about training (I’m talking periodization) in order to get to 225.

So they cope with squatting and deadlifting which are just copes: the exercises. Incels will have 15 inch arms, a horrible bench press, can't do 10 pull-ups,

15-inch arms are not small, especially if the measurement is taken flaccid and not flexed.

Makes no sense for a skinny subhuman with bad genetics to have 15-inch arms yet also have beginner-level bench and pull-ups. Either this man is fat or has excellent genetics. If your arm bones are so thick that you have 15-inch arms before you reach 10 bodyweight pull-ups, your frame genetics are top-tier. Or you’re fat.

but then smirk and go "heh, stupid Chads curling and benching... look at my 495 deadlift and 405 squat" which are low-hanging fruit.

Low-hanging fruit :feelskek:

I have below-average genetics, and it took months to get to 225 squat 1RM. I plateaued just above 225; got stuck, lost strength, worked my way back up, and maxed out at 235, many more months after I first got to 225.

495 deadlift and 405 squat aren’t low-hanging fruit. It takes average men years of serious dedication to have a chance to reach these numbers, and many men with bad genetics never even reach the 400s at all. For me, 225 is a challenge, not low-hanging fruit.

Why? Because they're in denial about the fact that they cannot achieve the results they actually want.

If anyone does the hard work required to get to 495 deadlift and 405 squat, I’d conclude that being a powerlifter is exactly what they want. Why else put in all that work?

It's the same thing with overhead press, a lift nobody cares about and which Chads never practice. Subhumans will do it and get neurologically adapted to do it, then think repping out 155 makes them better than the Chad benching 315.

OHP weight is typically 2/3 of flat bench weight. 155 OHP = 232.5 bench. So yes if a subhuman thinks 155 OHP is better than 315 bench, he is coping. However, if the Chad 315-bencher tries OHP, he likely can lift heavier than 155 in his 1st try.

@Orc

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 51465, BrahminBoss, klip11 and 1 other person
How long is “some time”? A few months? Most average-size-in-the-West guys take many months to 1 year to hit 225 for a single, and the variance between individuals is very broad. Poll about 6 reps 225:

Many men with average genetics plateau out their newbie linear gains on bench under 225 and have to get really serious about training (I’m talking periodization) in order to get to 225.

15-inch arms are not small, especially if the measurement is taken flaccid and not flexed.

Makes no sense for a skinny subhuman with bad genetics to have 15-inch arms yet also have beginner-level bench and pull-ups. Either this man is fat or has excellent genetics. If your arm bones are so thick that you have 15-inch arms before you reach 10 bodyweight pull-ups, your frame genetics are top-tier. Or you’re fat.

I have below-average genetics, and it took months to get to 225 squat 1RM. I plateaued just above 225; got stuck, lost strength, worked my way back up, and maxed out at 235, many more months after I first got to 225.

495 deadlift and 405 squat aren’t low-hanging fruit. It takes average men years of serious dedication to have a chance to reach these numbers, and many men with bad genetics never even reach the 400s at all. For me, 225 is a challenge, not low-hanging fruit.

If anyone does the hard work required to get to 495 deadlift and 405 squat, I’d conclude that being a powerlifter is exactly what they want. Why else put in all that work?

OHP weight is typically 2/3 of flat bench weight. 155 OHP = 232.5 bench. So yes if a subhuman thinks 155 OHP is better than 315 bench, he is coping. However, if the Chad 315-bencher tries OHP, he likely can lift heavier than 155 in his 1st try.

@Arborist <— Why the fuck you leave!?!

Arborist didn't leave, his new tag is @Orc

• Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: Gaygymmaxx and thecel
this legend of a thread deserves a bump

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Lookologist003 and St.TikTokcel

@Orc

Indeed. It's a miracle for klinefelterscels to squat 405. Takes about 10 years of serious gymcelling to achieve it.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: BrahminBoss, Lookologist003, Pikabro and 1 other person
brutal I cant even bench 150 after 9 months every1 mogs me

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: klip11, Be_ConfidentBro, Pikabro and 1 other person
overhead press and bench aren't comparable, they use different muscle groups.

by your calculations I should be able to flat bench 190kg, but I can't.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: redfacccee, Deleted member 30679 and thecel
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro and thecel
It’s in lbs
You know maybe applauding a guy for benching 10 kilos more than me despite him training consistently for 9 months while I gave up halfway that time frame is a bit retarded.

• Hmm...
Reactions: thecel
You know maybe applauding a guy for benching 10 kilos more than me despite him training consistently for 9 months while I gave up halfway that time frame is a bit retarded.
I didn’t applaud anyone. This thread is ridiculous and most people don’t know how to bench here.

• Hmm...
do u enjoy gymcelling as a cope?

or are u trying to improve smv mostly

• +1

He meant you thought @ihatereddit ’s bench is in kg too

do u enjoy gymcelling as a cope?

or are u trying to improve smv mostly

I don’t enjoy the training process. I lose motivation and feel like quitting during workouts.

Raising SMV and perceived dominance are my main goals.

Ego is another goal; I want to get over intermediate male numbers like 225+ lb bench press and 300+ lb squat. I’d regret if I were on the death bed and hadn’t benched at least 225 in my lifetime; gotta tick that goal off the list.

• +1
Reactions: Lookologist003 and User49
Most of the dudes i know could bench 225 at 17 on the football team. I think it just as much an environmental thing as a genetics thing.

• +1
Deadlifting is fun tho

• JFL
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro and SidharthTheSlayer
I can bench 315 pounds for reps on the incline bench press

• Woah