Philtrum Reduction

MisterMercedes

MisterMercedes

Kraken
I have a short nose but a very low nose to philtrum ratio, so my midface sits at .99-1.01. I’d like it to be more compact (1.03-1.06).

Is there any way (besides lip lift) to shorten the philtrum?

edit: This isn’t just for my midface ratio. This would improve my chin to philtrum and nose to philtrum as well.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: thecel
I have a short nose but a very low nose to philtrum ratio, so my midface sits at .99-1.01. I’d like it to be more compact (1.03-1.06).

edit: This isn’t just for my midface ratio. This would improve my chin to philtrum and nose to philtrum as well.
why don't you want to do lip lift

why don't you want to do lip lift
I already have a fairly big upper lip and moving it closer to the nose on its own will look weird.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6892
  • JFL
Reactions: Subhuman Philtrum
queiloplasty and lip lift

Or rhino and ask surgeon to bring the tip down a bit with the septum

lip reduction will make philtrum longer tho
does it really? I want to make the case that lip lenght and lip size aren't the same thing. Lip protrusion is bad and should be fixed. A lip lift doesn't have to increase lip protrusion. A longer(but not fat and protruding upper lip is fine) and should be an option to consider to fix long midface. A long upper lip, but not a fat one would look like this

Attachments

• images - 2020-09-11T084602.610.jpeg
    images - 2020-09-11T084602.610.jpeg
    35.2 KB · Views: 58
  • +1
Reactions: Subhuman Philtrum and Deleted member 6892
does it really? I want to make the case that lip lenght and lip size aren't the same thing. Lip protrusion is bad and should be fixed. A lip lift wont doesn't have to increase lip protrusion. A longer(but not fat and protruding upper lip is fine) and should be an option to consider long midface. A long upper lip, but not a fat one would look like this
my lip looks like this when I tilt my head up is that what I should expect from a lip lift

does it really? I want to make the case that lip lenght and lip size aren't the same thing. Lip protrusion is bad and should be fixed. A lip lift doesn't have to increase lip protrusion. A longer(but not fat and protruding upper lip is fine) and should be an option to consider to fix long midface. A long upper lip, but not a fat one would look like this
Definitely don’t want that big of an upper lip. My lips are already pretty feminine as is. I wish there was a procedure that could move both lips further up.

• +1
Reactions: sloopnoob
my lip looks like this when I tilt my head up is that what I should expect from a lip lift
maybe but I'd suggest talking to a surgeon first. My upper lip was protruding as fuck I thought if i can get enough elastin and collagen in there it would lift up the lip and reduce horizontal size. So I did microneedeling on it once 1.5mm and put tretinoin on it before sleeping and it did start becoming like that. At first it felt weird I wasn't used to seeing that on my face but now I'm used to it

Now I think this is unnecessary. If I tilt my head down and look up, my midface is a .99. If I slightly raise my chin (very slightly), my midface is a 1.05.

Now I think this is unnecessary. If I tilt my head down and look up, my midface is a .99. If I slightly raise my chin (very slightly), my midface is a 1.05.

All these ratios go from ideal to bad back to ideal with slight measurement/angle changes. Kind of ridiculous.

Rotate the maxilla CCW so it appears as if your philtrum got shorter.

All these ratios go from ideal to bad back to ideal with slight measurement/angle changes. Kind of ridiculous.
Agreed. Given the worst measurement I got was .99 I think I’m good.

isnt it gonna look botched and gay 4 times out of 10 on men though? i couldnt find any good lip lifts on men can you showcase any

no, lip lifts look fucking terrible on men. theres a rumour dr ramirez from south florida has a technique suitable for male patients - shortening the philtrum while maintaining uniform vermillion border and lip width. not many have room to risk a bad result, which is a one way road to looking gay and inhuman.

mine is 18-19mm and lip length is 25mm. long philtrum is something we suffers need to accept

Last edited:
Do I need it?
Screenshot 20201011 011545