pHUCKtier overbite help plez

D

Deleted member 32410

I have a slight overbite where my top set of teeth overlaps the bottom row. It's not by much but still my bite is not perfect. this causes me a slightly recessed/weak jaw. not super noticeable but when I smile, the jaw juts nicely out and I can see that my overall face looks much better and bones are more pronounced.

@andy9432 wil genioplasty alone help or do I need orthodontic jaw repositioning? whats the ideal method? asking you first since the doctors r gonna try to sell me on shit probably if I come in and am clueless in the consult.

Last edited:
Genio will only help if u have a recessed chin it wont fix ur bite. To fix ur bite u need to downgraft the posterior part of ur maxilla so u have more upper jaw height at the back (and consequently lower jaw height)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32410
Genio will only help if u have a recessed chin it wont fix ur bite. To fix ur bite u need to downgraft the posterior part of ur maxilla so u have more upper jaw height at the back (and consequently lower jaw height)
Can that potentially fuck my looks up? Also are orthodontic solutions viable? Like braces?

• +1
Reactions: fuxkdakikez
Can that potentially fuck my looks up? Also are orthodontic solutions viable? Like braces?
It can if the surgeon is retarded and braces are bad for overbite since it make u more recessed and that's how it fixes ur bite. Ideally, u need to give urself more posterior jaw height

• +1
It can if the surgeon is retarded and braces are bad for overbite since it make u more recessed and that's how it fixes ur bite. Ideally, u need to give urself more posterior jaw height
I have an overjet of 4,5mm and jaw recession of around two. Should i do something about it or is it irrelavent for aesthetic purposes. Im gonna get genio anyways since my chinn cucks me

• +1
If ur teeth are well aligned, then the problem is ur jaws not ur teeth and braces is not the optimal solution

• +1
Reactions: Bitchwhipper2 and Deleted member 32410
If ur teeth are well aligned, then the problem is ur jaws not ur teeth and braces is not the optimal solution
but my teeth are not aligned, is that a dental problem?

but my teeth are not aligned, is that a dental problem?
If ur teeth are not aligned u have a dental problem but u can also have a jaw problem

• +1
I have a slight overbite where my top set of teeth overlaps the bottom row. It's not by much but still my bite is not perfect. this causes me a slightly recessed/weak jaw. not super noticeable but when I smile, the jaw juts nicely out and I can see that my overall face looks much better and bones are more pronounced.

@andy9432 wil genioplasty alone help or do I need orthodontic jaw repositioning? whats the ideal method? asking you first since the doctors r gonna try to sell me on shit probably if I come in and am clueless in the consult.
read my name

• Hmm...

Ok, serious answer.

How old are you, and can you share some pictures? Misaligned bite almost always needs jaw surgery unfortunately, but if its not that bad then it might not be worth it.

• +1