(PIC) How much does thumb sucking as child affect jaw development?

Soalian

Soalian

Kraken
Title. Is thumb sucking as child reported to alter later jaw development?

I sucked my thumb up until very late, like 9 years old,

this is me now:

IMG 20200801 154213 9

it's all genetics brah. finding excuses like this is just cope for your predetermined subhuman genes. the good news is you have good nasomaxillary projection so ccw bimax will ascend you hard.

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss, Deprived, Deleted member 14392 and 4 others
It does, a fuck ton
it prevents your tongue from being on the palate

it's more the teeth, well from the picture your gonial angle is non-existent, but I don't know if it's the cause.

• +1
Reactions: Nims and Erik-Jón
it's more the teeth, well from the picture your gonial angle is non-existent, but I don't know if it's the cause.
High gonian angle is ideal tbh

• Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: BugeyeBigNoseCurry and Deleted member
Title. Is thumb sucking as child reported to alter later jaw development?

I sucked my thumb up until very late, like 9 years old,

this is me now:

View attachment 1888250
Idk but I finger sucked as a child, which resulted in my requiring childhood braces which resulted in the restriction of growth on my maxilia during childhood, so now as an adult I am a maxilacel. So it fucked me alot but more a causal for further fucking than actually doing the fucking.

It probably wont mess you up too much unless you end up getting braces to resolve it, as it only really messes with the teeth.

Idk but I finger sucked as a child, which resulted in my requiring childhood braces which resulted in the restriction of growth on my maxilia during childhood, so now as an adult I am a maxilacel. So it fucked me alot but more a causal for further fucking than actually doing the fucking.

It probably wont mess you up too much unless you end up getting braces to resolve it, as it only really messes with the teeth.
yeah I'm researching on this topic as well, trying to find the truth in knowinh whether braces and elastics in childhood and teen years (up to even 20 yeaes old),

can mess up maxilla development or not.?

thoughts on whether braces/elastics fuck you up guys?

Prevents tongue from being on palate and causes malocclusion

Very badly. It makes your upper palate narrow.

it's all genetics brah. finding excuses like this is just cope for your predetermined subhuman genes. the good news is you have good nasomaxillary projection so ccw bimax will ascend you hard.
feel like my maxilla was more ccw-rotated a few years ago (am 28), philtrum was shorter, upper lip more projected, maxilla maybe more projected (when I was like 20).

Thing is, I started getting braces at only 21, with elastics and FREAKING premolars extractions.

IDK if it really messed with my maxilla rotation afterwards, as I already was a grown adult.

Just cope rope and you are fine

feel like my maxilla was more ccw-rotated a few years ago (am 28), philtrum was shorter, upper lip more projected, maxilla maybe more projected (when I was like 20).

Thing is, I started getting braces at only 21, with elastics and FREAKING premolars extractions.

IDK if it really messed with my maxilla rotation afterwards, as I already was a grown adult.
Pretty normal for your forward growth to appear worse with age. Look at any 80-90s Chad side profile when they were younger compared to now when they're older and they surely look much less forward grown.

• +1
Reactions: Soalian
Pretty normal for your forward growth to appear worse with age. Look at any 80-90s Chad side profile when they were younger compared to now when they're older and they surely look much less forward grown.
yeah pretty much; but I have my theory (among others to consider) about that, akabulky masseter muscles causing CCW rotation of the posterior maxilla, but therefore causing a downswing movement, bringing about a compensatory CW rotation of the anterior maxilla as well (you can visually picture a more pronounced antegonial notch from such remodeling mechanism, I believe muscle can outplay bones in mechanical forces, in some instances).

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall
I've seen very good looking guys with a similar amount of forward growth as you

This is cope. Their can be downward growth which i had due to weak jaw mucles and i never kept my jaws in contact this caused a cw roattion. Its been 3 months and clenchung hard evwry day has fixed it by 25 percent