Planning genio. Am I a bimax/trimax candidate?

Vajra-

Vajra-

Iron
I've been planning on getting a sliding genio (Probably 8mm forward + 6mm down) and I'm confident it will do fucking wonders for me but would bimax/trimax help? Or do I not need lf1 at all? Ccw? For some reason I'm retarded at telling when someone has a good maxilla. It's one of the only areas to do sugeries on that I think would ever make a difference (also planning on fat transfers to infras+also maybe zygos) so I want to do it right.
I have 0 functional problems at all, never had sleep apnea/mouthbreathing etc. and I have normal occlusion because of braces years ago, but afaik some surgeons still do it for mostly cosmetic reasons and without braces (if the advancements are equal) no? Or is it retarded?
(guess which picture was taken before tretinoin and beta carotene btw jfl)
Morphing the chin looks kinda fucking uncanny to me sometimes so I wonder if real mandible advancement makes it look more natural or something

Also one of the main reasons I'm considering if I could benefit from bimax is because I have pretty noticeable smile lines under most circumstances after talking all day, etc. and iirc you can thank being recessed for that

• +1
Reactions: chosen-one
Ye

You got an actual flat chin

Small implant will fix

• +1
Reactions: dsheppa
Also one of the main reasons I'm considering if I could benefit from bimax is because I have pretty noticeable smile lines under most circumstances after talking all day, etc. and iirc you can thank being recessed for that
View attachment 2553284
might just be shit collegen or genes

I've been planning on getting a sliding genio (Probably 8mm forward + 6mm down) and I'm confident it will do fucking wonders for me but would bimax/trimax help? Or do I not need lf1 at all? Ccw? For some reason I'm retarded at telling when someone has a good maxilla. It's one of the only areas to do sugeries on that I think would ever make a difference (also planning on fat transfers to infras+also maybe zygos) so I want to do it right.
I have 0 functional problems at all, never had sleep apnea/mouthbreathing etc. and I have normal occlusion because of braces years ago, but afaik some surgeons still do it for mostly cosmetic reasons and without braces (if the advancements are equal) no? Or is it retarded?
View attachment 2553230View attachment 2553241View attachment 2553240View attachment 2553242(guess which picture was taken before tretinoin and beta carotene btw jfl)
Morphing the chin looks kinda fucking uncanny to me sometimes so I wonder if real mandible advancement makes it look more natural or something
View attachment 2553259
And no don't get lefort your maxilla is forward grown enough

• +1
Reactions: Vajra-
All you need is double jaw rotation. No forward movement. And yes you need genio.

What about chin wing?
Seems like an unnatural surgery to me with little point to it. All you need is bimax and genio. Those two will deal with any fixable recession issues.

Seems like an unnatural surgery to me with little point to it. All you need is bimax and genio. Those two will deal with any fixable recession issues.
Ramus body surfacearea

Chin wing pretty much makes you more like the right and gives you a more neutral gonial angle no? Seems useful for some
If my occlusal plane isn't recessed (idk would have to check) why would I need ccw then if I'm doing sliding genio? I was wondering if it can give results with a similar look to this if you cut near the antegonial notch and add height
3688005 1696628945675

Or am I a nasolabial angle cel too that needs ccw

View attachment 2554917
Chin wing pretty much makes you more like the right and gives you a more neutral gonial angle no? Seems useful for some
If my occlusal plane isn't recessed (idk would have to check) why would I need ccw then if I'm doing sliding genio? I was wondering if it can give results with a similar look to this if you cut near the antegonial notch and add height
View attachment 2554923
Or am I a nasolabial angle cel too that needs ccw
But my point is that’s what bimax with rotation deals with.