Plastic surgery is COPE GTFIH

speedmaxx

speedmaxx

Iron
Imagine you're not too smart, maybe IQ 90 (SD 15). You know you aren't smart, and you could go further in life with some more brainpower. Depending on your social circles, you might even be picked on for it. You do all of the methods people say will make you smarter; you play music, learn languages, solve puzzles. But there's only one way to increase your intelligence, a special surgery. It will cost thousands of dollars and give you crippling headaches for a while, but that's immaterial compared to the benefits of being smarter. How many IQ points would make this worth it? At least 10 or 15, right? You certainly wouldn't do it for just 3.75 points, or 1/4 of a standard deviation. Well, as it turns out, this is the extent that men's attractiveness benefits from plastic surgery.
In light of the discovery of improved economic outcomes among the beautiful, a Korean economic study sought to determine the effects of plastic surgery on beauty. First, they used information from a dating site to determine the economic return on beauty. Next, they analyzed the increase in beauty that resulted from plastic surgery by asking raters to rate participants' beauty from 1 to 5. They then created a scale to rate each participant's ratings relative to each other where the mean was 0 and the standard deviation 1. The results of this showed that women benefited most from surgery with a 0.52 point increase in beauty, while men only recieved modest benefit from surgery with only a 0.25 point increase on average. Ugly people, especially women, had greater increases in beauty. They then linked this increase in beauty to economic outcomes, finding no significant improvement. We can conclude that plastic surgery will have no economic benefit, and only a modest benefit to facial beauty. Only the ugliest people will benefit by undergoing perhaps dozens of procedures. However, most people should only undergo plastic surgery for their own self image.
Study: https://www.jstor.org/stable/10.1086/667940?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

• WTF
Reactions: SpiritualCel
Realize that most plastic surgery procedures are nose jobs which barely do anything. They are also mainly just saying that ps results ina 3% increase in income/slight increase in spousal income/etc, which is not enough to recoup surgery costs. No one thinks they'll become Sean O'Pry after plastic surgery, most people go in wanting to improve their beauty score.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Never_Began
Keep coping

• +1
Reactions: Never_Began
Retard iq thread

• +1
Reactions: SpiritualCel and Never_Began
I think it's a good time to point out that science uses the PSL scale when assessing beauty.
I think this speaks for itself. Cheekbone/Jawbone reduction :feelskek::feelskek::feelskek: and of course standard cope like nose jobs:feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha: (If it's not apparent yet, this is a study of people in Korea)

Last edited:
Realize that most plastic surgery procedures are nose jobs which barely do anything. They are also mainly just saying that ps results ina 3% increase in income/slight increase in spousal income/etc, which is not enough to recoup surgery costs. No one thinks they'll become Sean O'Pry after plastic surgery, most people go in wanting to improve their beauty score.
I think it's a good time to point out that science uses the PSL scale when assessing beauty.
View attachment 9458I think this speaks for itself. Cheekbone/Jawbone reduction :feelskek::feelskek::feelskek: and of course standard cope like nose jobs:feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha: (If it's not apparent yet, this is a study of people in Korea)
Makes sense. Perhaps plastic surgery is best for people with multiple features that take from their averageness. People like you with no major deficiencies would benefit less. Surgeries to change perceived bone structure would have more of an impact.

From the people that have PM'ed me most people get the wrong surgeries

When I first got on this site , and was still giving people advice for free. There was a guy that was about to get a lefort 3 and his jaws were barely recessed. This surgery would've given him at best .35 PSL points, but the surgeries I reccomnded to him would give him from 1.25 - 1.8 PSL points. Depending on the skill and execution of the surgeon

So the lesson of this post is that most people get the wrong surgeries. Most people can get 1-1.5 PSL points doing safe surgeries, or the equivalent of 15 - 22.5 IQ points