Please help I am desperate

I

itssooverformelol

Bronze
Before putting braces my teeth were really fucked, I had an overbite and slightly crooked teeth. I got braces June 2019 and had them for 4 years, all the way up until October 2023. It's been a year since I took them out, and they look fairly good, I barely have an overbite and my teeth are straight. However, as soon as I took them out, my bite was really weird; I couldn't physically bite my nails or have my upper and bottom teeth touch (Open Bite). This went on until today when I went to the dentist to see what it was, and she told me I would need to wear braces again for 6 months to close my bite, due to teeth movement. I wanted to know if closing my bite would improve my side profile and lip/mouth positioning, because my mouth is kinda weird, it lowkey looks like I have a mouth guard at times, please help will this fix the issue???

forgot the pics nigga

• +1
Reactions: descension
Since you mentioned you had some crowding, when braces pull them bitches straight they need space so the teeth jet outwards. Back then (sometimes still now) they extracted teeth for this reason but nowadays you can have them shaven instead to make space. So I’m curious what the fuck is going on there if dentist will just put braces again.

Also yes the outwards angle your describing probably is causing that weird lip angle from the side, but no pic so can’t say for sure.

Since you mentioned you had some crowding, when braces pull them bitches straight they need space so the teeth jet outwards. Back then (sometimes still now) they extracted teeth for this reason but nowadays you can have them shaven instead to make space. So I’m curious what the fuck is going on there if dentist will just put braces again.

Also yes the outwards angle your describing probably is causing that weird lip angle from the side, but no pic so can’t say for sure.
thank you, it's mainly from the frontal profile i kinda have to voluntarily close my lips and mouth when just resting or with a resting face, this is kinda weird, and my mouth sometimes looks like i have a mouthguard on, today the ortho said that I have an openbite and only my molars touch, so imma need to wear braces on my molars

• +1
Reactions: cannotbeasked