Posterior open bite fixes

Moggie

Moggie

Failed Delon, Crisick pre photoshop
New user who has had a posterior open bite malocclusion for whole life, when I was younger I would rest my teeth on top of each other and effectively have an over bite but a few years ago I found out about the mewing meme and stopped instead resting the bottom front teeth just below and behind the front. My lower third is very short and if I fix the open bite will this lengthen in anyway, can post pics if they are needed for reference and to find out if I am a palatecel. If it is relevant I have never had cavities before the only thing is once some coloured gel strip was put on my back lower teeth but this didnt do anything cant event remember what it was.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
hump

• JFL
Go see a Maxillofacial surgeon

• +1
Reactions: Moggie
It says 10k - 30k in my country so 6.3k - 19k usd

I have some TMJ can this help reduce cost? Or is it impossible to do this public.
Idk but like yeah if you say youre in pain then maybe u can get it covered by insurance.

• +1
Goddamn bruh, should I post pics (don't make gay edits lol)
Well idk i dont really need to see ur pics, a gay edit might help u know if its worth it to u

• JFL
Mmm $40k average for the surgery, the consultation prob only $200
Price indication:
Single Jaw $18000
Both Jaws $29000
Includes all surgical costs including hospital fees,
anaesthetic, ward costs, not orthodontist costs.

Mandibular jaw surgery (BSSO) under IV sedation $9500

Orthognathic surgery is needed when jaws don’t meet correctly and/or teeth don’t seem to fit with jaws. Teeth are straightened with orthodontics and corrective jaw surgery repositions a misaligned jaw. This not only improves facial appearance, but also ensures that teeth meet correctly and function properly.

Would BSSO fix?

• +1
Well idk i dont really need to see ur pics, a gay edit might help u know if its worth it to u
I meant if you need to see if I am palatecel or not and if my shits is fucked.

The cost above doesnt take into account orthodontic costs and also root damage costs later in life, my mum had braces and so many root canal issues lol. Legit would need to leech of govt money for it.

• +1
Price indication:
Single Jaw $18000
Both Jaws $29000
Includes all surgical costs including hospital fees,
anaesthetic, ward costs, not orthodontist costs.

Mandibular jaw surgery (BSSO) under IV sedation $9500

Orthognathic surgery is needed when jaws don’t meet correctly and/or teeth don’t seem to fit with jaws. Teeth are straightened with orthodontics and corrective jaw surgery repositions a misaligned jaw. This not only improves facial appearance, but also ensures that teeth meet correctly and function properly.

Would BSSO fix?
Well bro idk if u will need 1 jaw or 2 jaws moved to fix it, u might only need 1 moved to fix it but 2 moved to still get both of ur jaws into the optimum aesthetic spot

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Moggie
How do you know if its one or two? should I just go get a consultation?

are the prices good, single is 11.4k usd and double is 18.4k usd.

• +1
My nostrils are also narrow and long as shit is this having any influence?

her face in the after looks more like mine doesnt it or am I coping

Your maxilla looks kinda recessed
Guy in the thread said forward growth was good and the picture was non frauded, is it possible to have forward growth with hook nose and shit maxilla?

Guy in the thread said forward growth was good and the picture was non frauded, is it possible to have forward growth with hook nose and shit maxilla?
Nah im retarded actually ur maxilla is fine, just see a max fac

• Woah
Nah im retarded actually ur maxilla is fine, just see a max fac
apparently you need braces if you do these ops, so i should first see dentist for checkup and then see orthodontist for an evaluation and ask to be referred to Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, that sound right?

I heard braces are bad for enamel and roots.

apparently you need braces if you do these ops, so i should first see dentist for checkup and then see orthodontist for an evaluation and ask to be referred to Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, that sound right?

I heard braces are bad for enamel and roots.
No see a max fac first, if u cant see one without a referral then see an Orthodontist first. U dont need to see a dentist at all

• +1
yeah there is a way to fix it without surgery. its a procedure where they give u taller molar and slightly taller premolars with veeners. called dental facelift. ive been looking to do it for years.

it is very expensive though, since its veeners on multiple teeth. but u can also design ur new smile with wider palate, whiter teeth and basically perfect oclusion.

i wish someone on looksmax fixed their sfs with this just so we could see.
theres also a cheaper alternative where they give u an appliance that gives u taller teeth with an overlay to ur bottom teeth, just like invisalign (the plastic braces) but thicker and glued to the teeth

• +1
yeah there is a way to fix it without surgery. its a procedure where they give u taller molar and slightly taller premolars with veeners. called dental facelift. ive been looking to do it for years.

it is very expensive though, since its veeners on multiple teeth. but u can also design ur new smile with wider palate, whiter teeth and basically perfect oclusion.

theres also a cheaper alternative where they give u an appliance that gives u taller teeth with an overlay to ur bottom teeth, just like invisalign (the plastic braces) but thicker and glued to the teeth
Its all my teeth upto the front row, the front row also points in and the bottom is starting to become crowded, some teeth now overlap.

hey man what do you think about fixing deep bite with extruding the posterior teeth instead of the veeners and shit? my posterior teeth like molars are very much intruded if you compare it with front teeth ,like very much up they are. Face is normal when resting but when i bite , i become an sfscel because my lower jaw has to go so up to touch the molars. Will braces alone fix this shit?

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 18776 and Moggie
hey man what do you think about fixing deep bite with extruding the posterior teeth instead of the veeners and shit? my posterior teeth like molars are very much intruded if you compare it with front teeth ,like very much up they are. Face is normal when resting but when i bite , i become an sfscel because my lower jaw has to go so up to touch the molars. Will braces alone fix this shit?
Shit I dont know bruh I have overlap on some lower front teeth never had it as a kid but always have had bad bite looking it up mine is like kobe bryants except with either vertical gap between back teeth or overgrown front upper and lower teeth dont know how overbite works. My premolars point inwards excessively but all my wisdom teeth have errupted fine except for one that is half way up.

d6cba2afee5b5d9656b58026db7372e5.jpg

tumblr_ll9x9rvs1o1qd24gvo1_1280.jpg

8a565f51cbe1031bf1cbcf672921b957.jpg

i have your exact same problem ngl... i talked about this with my maxfac surgeon and he said extruding contacting teeth isnt possible, but i think maybe with an appliance i forgot the name you might get like 1mm.
otherwise i think hes right, extruding just with orthodontics isnt enough... my teeth are also intruded on the back, like my teeth is small and gum shows

• So Sad
Reactions: Moggie and Asteroidzz
i have your exact same problem ngl... i talked about this with my maxfac surgeon and he said extruding contacting teeth isnt possible, but i think maybe with an appliance i forgot the name you might get like 1mm.
otherwise i think hes right, extruding just with orthodontics isnt enough... my teeth are also intruded on the back, like my teeth is small and gum shows
wtf man so extruding isnt possible fuck. This was my only hope . you seem knowledgeable about this stuff , i've read your other posts too. Can i dm you about this thing?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18776
wtf man so extruding isnt possible fuck. This was my only hope . you seem knowledgeable about this stuff , i've read your other posts too. Can i dm you about this thing?
yeah you can dm me bro, will try to help u

• +1
Reactions: Asteroidzz and Moggie
My teeth could fit in with these guys though they look like they have fucked wisdom teeth, how about you?

"Although no syndrome has been reported for the POB subjects reported here, it is possible that a syndromic condition with high penetrance and very low expressivity might be involved."

"Non-syndromic mandibular prognathism is one of the few malocclusions that appears to have a strong genetic component without any other medical and/or dental defects."

Never had cavities so there is something going on with this condition, I think we are fucked tbh.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Asteroidzz
My teeth could fit in with these guys though they look like they have fucked wisdom teeth, how about you?

"Although no syndrome has been reported for the POB subjects reported here, it is possible that a syndromic condition with high penetrance and very low expressivity might be involved."

"Non-syndromic mandibular prognathism is one of the few malocclusions that appears to have a strong genetic component without any other medical and/or dental defects."

Never had cavities so there is something going on with this condition, I think we are fucked tbh
man my bite is beyond fucked buddy boyo , see the pic when you bite thats how your bite should be the green line is a healthy bite and the red line is how i bite , basically my front teeth are grown normal the are tipped outwards but they are grown normal vertically normally as i dont see gums or very minimal when i smile but the back teeth are fucked up , they havent come down vertically so when i bite from neutral i have to slid my jaw back and to touch the molars it goes fucking up , during this i lose all my chin projection and height :( .

Talking about cavites , yea i fucking had that shit and in my fucking molars , did that shit caused my molar to not go down vertically ?
Btw i dont know how you jaw is short while having an open bite if you have good molar alignment like in the green. height depends on molar alignment.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-06-26-19-19-51-699_com.miui.gallery~4.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-06-26-19-19-51-699_com.miui.gallery~4.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 0
  • So Sad

Cope and doesnt fix the actual issue.

To fix class 2 maloclusions:

1) decompensate the teeth to their supposed position
2) advance lower jaw by mm necessary so the lower teeth meet the upper teeth

Sometimes they also need to mess with your maxila too, it depends on each case, consult a surgeon and dont listen to any autist here saying "you have recessed maxila" or this and that.

• +1
man my bite is beyond fucked buddy boyo , see the pic when you bite thats how your bite should be the green line is a healthy bite and the red line is how i bite , basically my front teeth are grown normal the are tipped outwards but they are grown normal vertically normally as i dont see gums or very minimal when i smile but the back teeth are fucked up , they havent come down vertically so when i bite from neutral i have to slid my jaw back and to touch the molars it goes fucking up , during this i lose all my chin projection and height :( .

Talking about cavites , yea i fucking had that shit and in my fucking molars , did that shit caused my molar to not go down vertically ?
Btw i dont know how you jaw is short while having an open bite if you have good molar alignment like in the green. height depends on molar alignment.
Do you have crossbite aswell? I have it, for me all the molars are same height they just are not tall enough compared to my incisors, also my lower premolars point inwards pretty bad dont know why.

• +1
I am worried that instead of fixing the issue orthos might try some meme idea like filing down my incisors jfl

Cope and doesnt fix the actual issue.

To fix class 2 maloclusions:

1) decompensate the teeth to their supposed position
2) advance lower jaw by mm necessary so the lower teeth meet the upper teeth

Sometimes they also need to mess with your maxila too, it depends on each case, consult a surgeon and dont listen to any autist here saying "you have recessed maxila" or this and that.
it actually fixes the issue since what we are so discussing is deep bite and not overbite.
like in my case, i can't do bimax surgery cause my maxilla is already way too forward and my oclusal plane isnt rotated enough for ccw rotation. so im stuck with no bimax to fix my deep bite.

also this solution uses a ct scan to adapt your condiles so ur lower jaw actually goes forward too, it just doesnt become longer (as i said not everyone is a candidate for bsso). this is the only solution to ppl like me with fucked up deep bites and perfect teeth

Do you have crossbite aswell? I have it, for me all the molars are same height they just are not tall enough compared to my incisors, also my lower premolars point inwards pretty bad dont know why.
yes lmfao i do have crossbite on one side of my back molar and my top molars are also kinda tilted outwards due to mewing. Tbh man i don't think i have skeletal issues but dental , i need this shit then ill be fine

• +1
yes lmfao i do have crossbite on one side of my back molar and my top molars are also kinda tilted outwards due to mewing. Tbh man i don't think i have skeletal issues but dental , i need this shit then ill be fine

Users on here think bands are a looksmin but I think this is a meme cope idk

• +1
Users on here think bands are a looksmin but I think this is a meme cope idk
bands are a looksmin when they recess the maxilla and pull them backwards (horizontal movement) , why do you think it'll be a looksmin for me when im basically pulling my molars at the same height with my front teeth like how the should and to cover the gap and gaining chin projection with lower jaw height? this is a vertical movement.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Moggie
bands are a looksmin when they recess the maxilla and pull them backwards (horizontal movement) , why do you think it'll be a looksmin for me when im basically pulling my molars at the same height with my front teeth like how the should and to cover the gap and gaining chin projection with lower jaw height? this is a vertical movement.
Perma destroying your roots and enamel tbh but idk enough about this

• +1
legit the vid looks like it fixes it without pulling teeth too far thing is what happens if you move the gums that far down?

• +1
Perma destroying your roots and enamel tbh but idk enough about this
i don't think there would a damage if the teeth comes down with gums just like in the video.

• +1
Is this ideal
idk I have stopped jutting and just rest the molar teeth on top of each other with the full deep bite at this stage I know I will be correcting it in some way soon and mewing is obv not going to do shit

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827
idk I have stopped jutting and just rest the molar teeth on top of each other with the full deep bite at this stage I know I will be correcting it in some way soon and mewing is obv not going to do shit
My molars never touch each other ( not possible to) only incisors do. Wat means?I mean they do touch but I can’t control my molars well only incisors

• +1
My molars never touch each other ( not possible to) only incisors do. Wat means?I mean they do touch but I can’t control my molars well only incisors
they might not have fully errupted, they could be too short or your incisors over errupted, just visit an ortho / surgeon

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827