Posterior tongue tie = it never begins for you

D

Deleted member 16204

Bronze
Seriously, having a tongue tie is way worse than occasionally mouthbreathing as a kid. It means that your tongue is literally ANCHORED to the floor lf your mouth, and it's NEVER EVEN GOING TO BE ANATOMICALLY CAPABLE of touching your palate, or doing normal swallowing patterns. :lul: And as you grow, your face is going to FUCKING COLLAPSE.

I had a tongue tie that was so severe I wasn't even able to say certain letter because even the tip of my tongue wasn't able to touch the roof of my mouth, let alone the back part. :lul:

And it wasn't before I was 15 when I had a surgery to fix it. :feelsrope:

I look drastically different from everyone else in my family. Everyone else has excellent forward growth, I'm a severely recessed subhuman.

• So Sad
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Jew_Supremacist, AscendingHero and 7 others
I don't have a problem lifting it up or speaking

I don't have a problem lifting it up or speaking
Jfl, tongue tie doesn't mean the normal frenulum everyone has. :lul: It's a medical condition where the frenulum is pathologically short and tight. Mine wasn't as bad as the one below but still quite serious.

Frenulum linguae

Jfl, tongue tie doesn't mean the normal frenulum everyone has. :lul: It's a medical condition where the frenulum is pathologically short and tight. Mine wasn't as bad as the one below but still quite serious.

View attachment 1496304
oh so everyone has it at the end but some have it bad
yeah looks pretty bad tbh

oh so everyone has it at the end but some have it bad
yeah looks pretty bad tbh
There are varying degrees of severity. If it's only mild it may not ruin your face or cause mouthbreathing-like effects.

But mine was so bad it gave me speech problems. No correct oral posture for me during the first 15 years of my life. Brutal. :feelsrope:

• So Sad
Reactions: Almost Chadlite
Did you have trouble saying the letter R

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
Could you show a picture of the severity of yours?
There are varying degrees of severity. If it's only mild it may not ruin your face or cause mouthbreathing-like effects.

But mine was so bad it gave me speech problems. No correct oral posture for me during the first 15 years of my life. Brutal. :feelsrope:

Did you have trouble saying the letter R
Yes.
Haha, I had this and had surgery for it. One of the worst the doctor had seen. I wonder if its a reason why I have death tier hyoid bone.

I couldn’t speak or swallow food correctly. I was told it was a miracle I didn’t choke and die as a baby because she was surprised i can manage to swallow:ROFLMAO:
My hyoid has improved significantly as I have started to mew a couple of months ago.
Do you also have a narrow palate and "adenoid face"?

Palate is narrow. Not sure what adenoid face is.
It means downward-grown face basically. Weak maxilla and jaw, possibly recessed midface as well with poor undereye support. Looks something like this:
AdenoidFace

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Deleted member 4614
Haha, I had this and had surgery for it. One of the worst the doctor had seen. I wonder if its a reason why I have death tier hyoid bone.

I couldn’t speak or swallow food correctly. I was told it was a miracle I didn’t choke and die as a baby because she was surprised i can manage to swallow:ROFLMAO:
Did your hyoid raise?

Seriously, having a tongue tie is way worse than occasionally mouthbreathing as a kid. It means that your tongue is literally ANCHORED to the floor lf your mouth, and it's NEVER EVEN GOING TO BE ANATOMICALLY CAPABLE of touching your palate, or doing normal swallowing patterns. :lul: And as you grow, your face is going to FUCKING COLLAPSE.

I had a tongue tie that was so severe I wasn't even able to say certain letter because even the tip of my tongue wasn't able to touch the roof of my mouth, let alone the back part. :lul:

And it wasn't before I was 15 when I had a surgery to fix it. :feelsrope:

I look drastically different from everyone else in my family. Everyone else has excellent forward growth, I'm a severely recessed subhuman.
I think I still have my tongue tie but I'm not recessed at all and I've had good forward growth. I'm 16 now but I wonder if there would be any benefit to cutting it now. I heard it fixes posture and makes it easier to speak.