Posterior tongue tie=low hyoid?

Bobelbrah

Bobelbrah

Bo bo
I came over a post on Astroskys old Instagram, where he claimed this. Is there any validity to this claim? It seems counterintuitive to me that a tongue tie would cause the hyoid to rest lower. If anything, wouldn’t it rest a bit higher than usual?
(Btw, new here. Why is the guy so hated here?)

• +1
Reactions: clockwiseRotator
well yes that's kinda what a tongue tie is, your tongue flexability is limited so your tongue naturally lies more on the bottom. That's why kids with untreated tongue ties tend to develop unideal craniofacial growth.

well yes that's kinda what a tongue tie is, your tongue flexability is limited so your tongue naturally lies more on the bottom. That's why kids with untreated tongue ties tend to develop unideal craniofacial growth.
Sure, it will of course affect the flexibility of the tongue. If severe enough, mewing will be impossible, and the hyoid will thus rest lower. However, I am specifically thinking about the hyoids resting position, such as when eating and talking, or simply resting the tongue at the floor of the mouth. A lot of people can mew competently, and thus raise their hyoids via compensatory mechanisms. But as soon as they engage in the mentioned activities, their hyoid will drop. How would this low resting position be caused by a tongue tie? How would a frenectomy raise to hyoids resting position(as defined above)?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
Sure, it will of course affect the flexibility of the tongue. If severe enough, mewing will be impossible, and the hyoid will thus rest lower. However, I am specifically thinking about the hyoids resting position, such as when eating and talking, or simply resting the tongue at the floor of the mouth. A lot of people can mew competently, and thus raise their hyoids via compensatory mechanisms. But as soon as they engage in the mentioned activities, their hyoid will drop. How would this low resting position be caused by a tongue tie? How would a frenectomy raise to hyoids resting position(as defined above)?
Idk their bone structure etc might develop differently for whatever reason I have no knowledge on. I do know that you can get anyone to put their tongue on the bottom of their mouth and their hyoids will be significantly lower.

Idk their bone structure etc might develop differently for whatever reason I have no knowledge on. I do know that you can get anyone to put their tongue on the bottom of their mouth and their hyoids will be significantly lower.
Well, it makes some sense that a low hyoid swould be less visible in faces that are well grown forwards. As the mandible is positioned more forwards, the hyoid would maybe be more stretched out, and not be able to fall down to the same extent. But, Astrosky has more forwards growth than the average person, and still a really low resting hyoid. This leads back to the original question: Why would a frenectomy life up his hyoid, regardless of the tongues position? I hope anyone else will be able to chime in on this. It would be great if it was the case, as I suffer from the same issue.

• +1
I do know that you can get anyone to put their tongue on the bottom of their mouth and their hyoids will be significantly lower.
My girlfriend has pretty much forwards growth. If she rests her tongue at the bottom of her mouth, the difference is negligible from when she has proper oral posture. And someone like for example Margot Robbie seems to have her hyoid rest very high regardless of where her tongue is placed in her mouth.

Last edited:
Well, it makes some sense that a low hyoid swould be less visible in faces that are well grown forwards. As the mandible is positioned more forwards, the hyoid would maybe be more stretched out, and not be able to fall down to the same extent. But, Astrosky has more forwards growth than the average person, and still a really low resting hyoid. This leads back to the original question: Why would a frenectomy life up his hyoid, regardless of the tongues position? I hope anyone else will be able to chime in on this. It would be great if it was the case, as I suffer from the same issue.
astrosky is not forward grown at all

astrosky is not forward grown at all
Really? As I said, I am new to this site and looksmaxxing in general. Wouldn’t you say he has more forwards growth than the average person? Or does he just have a lot of upwards growth?

• +1
Really? As I said, I am new to this site and looksmaxxing in general. Wouldn’t you say he has more forwards growth than the average person? Or does he just have a lot of upwards growth?
Bro I get that he gives that impression at first, but he's a professional at head tilting, jutting and picking out angles. I have no doubt his intermolar width is nothing of that of an actually forward grown person

How do you measure forwards growth?
There's a bunch of threads, it's mostly about the perception tbh, but i strongly doubt astro sky looks as good in motion since he head tilts alot etc

Bro I get that he gives that impression at first, but he's a professional at head tilting, jutting and picking out angles. I have no doubt his intermolar width is nothing of that of an actually forward grown person
His intermolar width is in the high 40’s(seen clearly on his old insta). As for faking it, I don’t know what you are talking about. Sure, he poses in a lot of his pictures, but it isn’t hard to find clear, credible pictures of his side profile.
There's a bunch of threads, it's mostly about the perception tbh, but i strongly doubt astro sky looks as good in motion since he head tilts alot etc
I meant how you personally measure/define forwards growth. We seem to have different conceptions of what forwards growth is, since we don’t agree on Astroskys case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back