[PROGRESS] 5 months on dutasteride and oral minoxidil

SubhumanCurrycel

SubhumanCurrycel

It’s just hair bro
You guys probably know how fucked my hair is from basically all my posts for over a year.

I have been on Dutasteride and oral minoxidil for 5 months now after a scalp biopsy and diagnosis by my dermatologist.

I was honestly worried I didn’t see much change and I was under the impression that the drugs had not worked whatsoever.

I loaded up my old phone that had pictures from 2019-early 2020 to see pics of my hair.

this pic was taken early 2020

D82EE29B 7339 42E8 B71E DDF8582CFEDB

my hair looks like an 80 year old on chemo

This one was taken last week

84DAE695 A02F 4666 9321 7E5D210DF822

Same room, same lighting and the first picture had a longer hair length too so I tried to recreate the pic.
It’s still completely fucked compared to the hair I had pre-cancer but progress is progress.
I’m going to start micro needling again I did for the first 3 months but my needler broke and I haven’t been bothered to replace it.

I’m thinking of getting RU58441 as well it seems too good to be true, topically blocking androgenic activity for BOTH DHT and Test
@CupOfCoffee you think it’s worth it?

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: boss8055, Deleted member 19469, Deleted member 7098 and 41 others
I think medication is completley fine but micro-needling sounds insane and unnecessary to be honest, like poking holes in your scalp wtf? Peak low inhib, if multiple medical interventions aren't enough (fin + DUT + RU-948304932942394823) then what's the point?

• +1
Reactions: .👽. and SubhumanCurrycel
I think medication is completley fine but micro-needling sounds insane and unnecessary to be honest, like poking holes in your scalp wtf? Peak low inhib, if multiple medical interventions aren't enough (fin + DUT + RU-948304932942394823) then what's the point?

This is the life of a norwooder son
Go hard or go home
A0CAB64A 38A0 4C36 9E96 7D3E91D23D26

• +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: boss8055, Deleted member 19469, Yuya Moggershima and 19 others
This is the life of a norwooder son
Go hard or go home
View attachment 1396236
Mirin' dedication tbh, couldn't do that stuff myself.

Question: For someone who isn't balding yet what do you think of just simply having a finasteride routine for prevention? I'm 18 atm but planning on doing it when I'm 22-23 again just to be preventative.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas and .👽.
Valporic acid can create folicle neogenesis

There is thread about it somewhere

• +1
Reactions: quakociaptockh and SubhumanCurrycel

@SubhumanCurrycel in 6 more months on his routine

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 15099, OOGABOOGA and 5 others
Mirin' dedication tbh, couldn't do that stuff myself.

Question: For someone who isn't balding yet what do you think of just simply having a finasteride routine for prevention for someone who isn't balding? I'm 18 atm but planning on doing it when I'm 22-23 again just to be preventative.
depends on risk, is your father norwooding if so what age did he start, and same goes for your maternal grandfather but early 20’s is a pretty safe age unless you have a really delayed puberty.
And plus finasteride works far better at prevention than re-gaining lost ground. The actual kicker about hair loss according to my dermatologist is that regular human hair is so thick that by the time people notice balding in the area they’ve already lost ~50% of thickness and density in that region that’s why it’s always ideal to start early.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: boss8055, OOGABOOGA, Preoximerianas and 4 others
@ifyouwannabemylover never let people gaslight you off finasteride tbh

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: LooksmaxxHopeful and ifyouwannabemylover
damn I didn’t know u had cancer man

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Preoximerianas, Deleted member 9670, Yerico7 and 2 others
:dafuckfeels:

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, Deleted member 9670, LooksmaxxHopeful and 1 other person
depends on risk, is your father norwooding if so what age did he start, and same goes for your maternal grandfather but early 20’s is a pretty safe age unless you have a really delayed puberty.
My mom's family has excellent hair genetics, my hair is actually of my best qualities, I have a perfectly straight hairline, with really good texture, follicle density, etc., my mom's brothers are in their 50s and they all have full heads of hair, late 50s all NW1, insanely good hair, they're white/northern european which makes it even more surprising because whites tend to have really bad hair genetics.

My dad's hair genetics is more average, he had a full head of hair up until his mid 30s and then started balding hard over next two decades, he's in his mid 50s now and he's pretty much bald, NW5 I'd say.
And plus finasteride works far better at prevention than re-gaining lost ground. The actual kicker about hair loss according to my dermatologist is that regular human hair is so thick that by the time people notice balding in the area they’ve already lost ~50% of thickness and density in that region that’s why it’s always ideal to start early.

Finasteride's quality mainly being prevention hence why I don't want to wait until I see evidence of balding to get on it, plus even if I don't need it you can get it really really cheap online and it can only help with your hair and my hair is one of my best features and so I def want to safeguard it. And I'm completely finished with puberty but I think it'd be a little premature to start at 18 but starting at 22-23 is definitely good, I just want to make sure that I can retain top tier hair for life

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
Any bad side effects on any of these btw?

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: Preoximerianas, AscendingHero, EdwardCullen and 9 others
I’m thinking of getting RU58441 as well it seems too good to be true, topically blocking androgenic activity for BOTH DHT and Test
Good progress. Lucky for you, you only had diffuse loss so you still have all your follicles intact.

RU isn't very competitive at the receptor with DHT, but you're taking care of 99% of it with Dut. Still useful for addressing any residual androgenic activity from Test, so I would say go for it.

Valporic acid can create folicle neogenesis
Wound-induced hair follicle neogenesis only I think? If it's the same study, they actually stripped entire layers of skin off of the mice and Valproic acid was able to modulate the extreme healing/stem cell response from that trauma to 'trick' the skin into forming hair follicles as it regrew.

Combining some with microneedling (which isn't strictly traumatic wounding) for a potential fraction of that synergy though isn't a bad idea.

He doesn't need neogenesis anyway tbh - diffuse thinner so he still has all his hairs, just miniaturized. He could probably get it all back with Dut standalone, but it'd take a few years vs. minox accelerating the process.

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, Deleted member 14561, SubhumanCurrycel and 2 others
My mom's family has excellent hair genetics, my hair is actually of my best qualities, I have a perfectly straight hairline, with really good texture, follicle density, etc., my mom's brothers are in their 50s and they all have full heads of hair, late 50s all NW1, insanely good hair, they're white/northern european which makes it even more surprising because whites tend to have really bad hair genetics.

My dad's hair genetics is more average, he had a full head of hair up until his mid 30s and then started balding hard over next two decades, he's in his mid 50s now and he's pretty much bald, NW5 I'd say.

Finasteride's quality mainly being prevention hence why I don't want to wait until I see evidence of balding to get on it, plus even if I don't need it you can get it really really cheap online and it can only help with your hair and my hair is one of my best features and so I def want to safeguard it. And I'm completely finished with puberty but I think it'd be a little premature to start at 18 but starting at 22-23 is definitely good, I just want to make sure that I can retain top tier hair for life
Tbh genetics is a great predictor but not the full picture, my dads 50 and NW. My grandad is 77 and NW3 but my hair loss was onset severely from chemotherapy at 12-13 so environment matters too not that everyone is going to get chemo and have a severe adverse reaction like mine.
As long as you stay vigilant and even take close up pictures with your phone back camera for references you should be fine.
But hop on fin by mid 20’s at the least because your dad norwooded by 30

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas and LooksmaxxHopeful
Yes use RU58841 and dutasteride. Have you considered topical dutasteride tho?

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, OOGABOOGA and LooksmaxxHopeful

• Woah
Reactions: OOGABOOGA
yeah I'd recommend ru58441 for sure, especially to compete against the resulting rise in scalp testosterone due to the dut

• +1
Reactions: LooksmaxxHopeful
yeah I'd recommend ru58441 for sure, especially to compete against the resulting rise in scalp testosterone due to the dut

Any bad side effects on any of these btw?
On my first week of dutasteride I noticed a mild pain in my balls/dick but it went away by week 2 nothing else apart from that sex drive and ejaculation is normal
from what I’ve read the molar mass of dutasteride is too large to be effective topically but idk

• +1
Reactions: LooksmaxxHopeful
needs a bimax
thoughts @Titbot

• JFL
also imagine caring about your hair
just tell them your skull circumference and bizygo width
:rolleyes:

• JFL
Reactions: Preoximerianas, Deleted member 6963 and SubhumanCurrycel
On my first week of dutasteride I noticed a mild pain in my balls/dick but it went away by week 2 nothing else apart from that sex drive and ejaculation is normal

from what I’ve read the molar mass of dutasteride is too large to be effective topically but idk
You and so many other guys like @ifyouwannabemylover reporting no side effects, why do r/tressless guys and all others over the internet swear that finasteride will make your penis fall off or whatever.

• +1
wtf mods why does it keep making me spam post

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, Deleted member 9670, LastHopeForNorman and 1 other person
You and so many other guys like @ifyouwannabemylover reporting no side effects, why do r/tressless guys and all others over the internet swear that finasteride will make your penis fall off or whatever.
Because the people who it works for just start it, don’t usually lurk around and only come back in a few months for progress pics whereas the minority that experience sides stay on and frequently post.

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, Richard_Hungwell, Deleted member 9670 and 1 other person
How does oral minoxidil compare to topical? Is there any risk of collagen degradation from oral?
Currently just using fin, RU and a topical nanoxidil spray which has helped regain a tiny bit of ground and prevent further loss but nothing as drastic as in the OP (although mine was nowhere near that bad to begin with).

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA and SubhumanCurrycel
How does oral minoxidil compare to topical? Is there any risk of collagen degradation from oral?
Currently just using fin, RU and a topical nanoxidil spray which has helped regain a tiny bit of ground and prevent further loss but nothing as drastic as in the OP (although mine was nowhere near that bad to begin with).
Overall a far better experience.
No twice a day application, no grease or flakiness no collagen sides noticed so far

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: OOGABOOGA, Deleted member 9670 and ChickenAndRiceBrah
Really good job, congratulations! (y)
How do you plan to keep your hair-status long term?

• +1
Really good job, congratulations! (y)
How do you plan to keep your hair-status long term?
Continuing with orals it’s really easy just to pop two pills of dut and minox 0 hassle.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA and Deleted member 9670
It's working well for you. I have been on dut 6 months and oral min like 4. No crazy results like yours.

Started RU a couple weeks ago, hopefully that'l do the trick.

• +1
It's working well for you. I have been on dut 6 months and oral min like 4. No crazy results like yours.

Started RU a couple weeks ago, hopefully that'l do the trick.
What kind of thinning/Norwood are you at currently?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670
What kind of thinning/Norwood are you at currently?
A diffuse Norwood 2. I already had an 2500 graft FUT transplant to restore my hairline a few years ago. If I'll get another transplant if RU/dut/Oral min/needling doesn't get me to where I want to be.

• +1
A diffuse Norwood 2. I already had an 2500 graft FUT transplant to restore my hairline a few years ago. If I'll get another transplant if RU/dut/Oral min/needling doesn't get me to where I want to be.
mirin dedication.
The Norwood reaper is the final boss of all boss battles tbh

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, OOGABOOGA, klamus and 1 other person
Any eyelash and beard gains? Thinking about starting oral minox

• +1
You guys probably know how fucked my hair is from basically all my posts for over a year.

I have been on Dutasteride and oral minoxidil for 5 months now after a scalp biopsy and diagnosis by my dermatologist.

I was honestly worried I didn’t see much change and I was under the impression that the drugs had not worked whatsoever.

I loaded up my old phone that had pictures from 2019-early 2020 to see pics of my hair.

View attachment 1396224

View attachment 1396225
Same room, same lighting and the first picture had a longer hair length too so I tried to recreate the pic.
It’s still completely fucked compared to the hair I had pre-cancer but progress is progress.
I’m going to start micro needling again I did for the first 3 months but my needler broke and I haven’t been bothered to replace it.

Great result man. Have you considered getting SMP to add additional density?

Also are you against micro needling?

View attachment 1396224

View attachment 1396225

• +1
Overall a far better experience.
No twice a day application, no grease or flakiness no collagen sides noticed so far
what does oral minox are you on?

u got it from derm or buy online?

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA
  • Woah
Reactions: OOGABOOGA and Deleted member 9670
@SubhumanCurrycel

if you use a machine and not a roller I think it doesn’t tear and make you bleed, from what I’ve seen

• +1

SMP is last resort but I think itll work if it comes to it because I am a diffuse thinner I dont hae any bald spots so it should camoflauge it properly.
Nah microneedling is good but its painful if done right takes ~45 mins

ffuerk mirin, you could probably disguise any remaining patches with hair fibres and look like tamil prince

• Love it