Proper retinol use

bell

bell

Iron
So two weeks ago i bought 0.2% retinol and have been applying it every other day, I haven't purged at all (most likely because of how often i use it)and im seeing slight progress, i now and then get some slight pimples but usually just one at time, was wondering when and how do i know when to start using it daily, and after that when to start getting higher percentages of retinol

the purge from retinol isn't very significant, if your skin isn't sensitive you're free to apply it daily or increase the dosage.

make sure you use it at night because light deactivates it.

• +1
Reactions: jeetslayer and bell
Use it with fish oil or any other natural product. Retinol increases cortisol giving that stupid glow

i had kinda severe purging, my skin is sensitive to basically anything (wow superior aryan genetics so op literally skin bleeding from air) but after 5 days or something the side effects disappeared and my skin got better and better. used daily btw

i had kinda severe purging, my skin is sensitive to basically anything (wow superior aryan genetics so op literally skin bleeding from air) but after 5 days or something the side effects disappeared and my skin got better and better. used daily btw
skin tends to react to anything new you put on it, it's not necessary related to the retinol itself.

same shit happens when you start eating something new.

• +1
Reactions: castelldefels
Not trying to shitpost, but retinol is a waste of time, its tretinoin or nothing

the purge from retinol isn't very significant, if your skin isn't sensitive you're free to apply it daily or increase the dosage.

make sure you use it at night because light deactivates it.
Ok and i have been using it at night, also am i supposed to keep it in the fridge? Said so on the package but it sounds wierd

skin tends to react to anything new you put on it, it's not necessary related to the retinol itself.

same shit happens when you start eating something new.
it makes sense my bro orc

Not trying to shitpost, but retinol is a waste of time, its tretinoin or nothing
Could you elaborate? Just wondering because id like to learn as much as possible

Ok and i have been using it at night, also am i supposed to keep it in the fridge? Said so on the package but it sounds wierd
just shortens shelf life.

it cleared my skin homie, didn't need tretinoin

tretinoin is only needed if you're getting older or have shit retinoic acid receptors.

Could you elaborate? Just wondering because id like to learn as much as possible
The efficacy is just not there. My tretinoin 0.1% is 50 times stronger than ur retinol 0,2%. It will take a decade, yes you read right. A decade or more to get noticeable results on retinol, i noticed significant results 6 months in on tretinoin.

So i should keep it in the fridge?
if it's a large bottle and you're taking a while to use it yeah, if it's a small bottle that you're finishing in like a month or two then no.

tretinoin is only needed if you're getting older or have shit retinoic acid receptors.
I believe white people in their early 20s can start tretinoin, due to weak natural defense against the sun

if it's a large bottle and you're taking a while to use it yeah, if it's a small bottle that you're finishing in like a month or two then no.
Ty

I believe white people in their early 20s can start tretinoin, due to weak natural defense against the sun
late twenties and thirties are usually where retinol stops being enough.

some people have shitty conversion rates on retinol and tret doesn't require conversion which is why it tends to be more effective.

• +1
Reactions: andy9432
Use it with fish oil or any other natural product. Retinol increases cortisol giving that stupid glow
eating fish oil or applying it to skin?