Pros and cons of 16:8 intermittent fasting

D

Deleted member 2729

facemaxx or death
Is it legit or a meme? Also can I gain weight while doing this?

I do a 23:1 split on offdays, and it not just builds self discipline, the lack of blood sugar swings makes your skin clearer, you feel less hunger during the day, and your day in general revolves less around food. I got completely rid of acne by doing this, with no accutane needed.

I don't do intermittent fasting during a workout day though, because I feel it's crucial to get energy several times a day when you are lifting weights, before and after the workout.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 12330, Hero of the Imperium, Deleted member 4106 and 1 other person
Why would it be a meme? Assuming you sleep 8 hours a day it means only eating in a window of half your waking day which is very easy and normal, a lot of people already do it naturally. Eating the entire day from when you wake up to when you go to sleep seems stupid to me, if you are that hungry all the time there is a serious problem with your diet and blood sugar levels.

I think 16:8 is a good place to start but I think the smaller that feeding window is the better, for health and longevity.

• +1
Reactions: Gandy, Hero of the Imperium, betrayed by 5‘8 and 1 other person
Why would it be a meme? Assuming you sleep 8 hours a day it means only eating in a window of half your waking day which is very easy and normal, a lot of people already do it naturally. Eating the entire day from when you wake up to when you go to sleep seems stupid to me, if you are that hungry all the time there is a serious problem with your diet and blood sugar levels.

I think 16:8 is a good place to start but I think the smaller that feeding window is the better, for health and longevity.
I am already pretty lean and probably need to bulk up some time. I fear that it might not be suitable if you need to take in many calories. I mainly consider it for health benefits and not weightloss

• +1
Reactions: Hero of the Imperium
I do a 23:1 split on offdays, and it not just builds self discipline, the lack of blood sugar swings makes your skin clearer
I achieve the same by eating carnivorous dishes every 3-4 hours and don’t even have to starve myself. Avoiding blood sugar swings by ditching carbs is more pleasant than starving

• +1
Reactions: Hero of the Imperium and Gandy
Is it legit or a meme? Also can I gain weight while doing this?
Its not a meme, lol. I do it and its very useful. 2 meals per day. Im also avoiding carbs and sugar. Switched from carbs to natural fats. Its life changing.

Its not a meme, lol. I do it and its very useful. 2 meals per day. Im also avoiding carbs and sugar. Switched from carbs to natural fats. Its life changing.
Still posting here tho