prove that "X x X - 1 = ℂ" is false

D

Deleted member 33275

Platinum
jason-momoa-folding-chair.gif

corny nigger

go to r/maths faggot

i have an easier time explaining why niggers are so stupid than solving this shit

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 16275
To prove that the equation "X x X - 1 = ℂ" is false, we need to demonstrate that there is no value of X that satisfies this equation. Let's break down the equation and analyze it step by step.

The equation "X x X - 1 = ℂ" can be rewritten as "X^2 - 1 = ℂ," where X^2 represents X multiplied by itself. The symbol ℂ represents the set of complex numbers.

To solve this equation, we need to find the value of X that makes the equation true. However, it is important to note that the left side of the equation is a real number (X^2 - 1), while the right side (ℂ) represents a set of complex numbers. Therefore, it is impossible for these two sides to be equal.

In mathematics, a complex number is defined as a number of the form a + bi, where "a" and "b" are real numbers and "i" represents the imaginary unit (√-1). Complex numbers cannot be directly compared to real numbers because they have both real and imaginary components.

Since the left side of the equation represents a real number and the right side represents a set of complex numbers, it is evident that there is no value of X that can satisfy this equation. Therefore, we can conclude that "X x X - 1 = ℂ" is false.

In summary, the equation "X x X - 1 = ℂ" is false because it equates a real number (X^2 - 1) to a set of complex numbers (ℂ), which cannot be equal.

To prove that the equation "X x X - 1 = ℂ" is false, we need to demonstrate that there is no value of X that satisfies this equation. Let's break down the equation and analyze it step by step.

The equation "X x X - 1 = ℂ" can be rewritten as "X^2 - 1 = ℂ," where X^2 represents X multiplied by itself. The symbol ℂ represents the set of complex numbers.

To solve this equation, we need to find the value of X that makes the equation true. However, it is important to note that the left side of the equation is a real number (X^2 - 1), while the right side (ℂ) represents a set of complex numbers. Therefore, it is impossible for these two sides to be equal.

In mathematics, a complex number is defined as a number of the form a + bi, where "a" and "b" are real numbers and "i" represents the imaginary unit (√-1). Complex numbers cannot be directly compared to real numbers because they have both real and imaginary components.

Since the left side of the equation represents a real number and the right side represents a set of complex numbers, it is evident that there is no value of X that can satisfy this equation. Therefore, we can conclude that "X x X - 1 = ℂ" is false.

In summary, the equation "X x X - 1 = ℂ" is false because it equates a real number (X^2 - 1) to a set of complex numbers (ℂ), which cannot be equal.

I'm kinda on the same page here. IMO, the statement "X x X - 1 = ℂ" is false because it equates the result of a mathematical operation, specifically multiplication, to a set of numbers, the complex numbers. However, the two sides of the equation are not comparable.
Let's break down the statement:
  1. X x X - 1: This represents the result of multiplying the variable X by itself (X x X) and then subtracting 1 from that product. In mathematical notation, this can be represented as X^2 - 1.
  2. ℂ: This symbol represents the set of complex numbers.
The problem here is that X^2 - 1 is an algebraic expression that depends on the value of X, whereas ℂ represents an entire set of numbers with both real and imaginary components.

The set of complex numbers (ℂ) includes all numbers of the form a + bi, where "a" and "b" are real numbers and "i" is the imaginary unit (√-1). Complex numbers cannot be directly equated to algebraic expressions that depend on a single variable, like X^2 - 1.
To illustrate this further, let's consider some examples:
  1. If X = 2:X x X - 1 = 2 x 2 - 1 = 3ℂ = {a + bi} where a, b ∈ ℝ
The value of X^2 - 1 is 3, which is a real number. However, ℂ represents a set of complex numbers, not just a single value.
  1. If X = 3:X x X - 1 = 3 x 3 - 1 = 8ℂ = {a + bi} where a, b ∈ ℝ
The value of X^2 - 1 is 8, which, again, is a real number. However, it still doesn't correspond to the entire set of complex numbers.
Therefore, we can see that the statement "X x X - 1 = ℂ" is invalid and cannot be considered true because it compares an algebraic expression involving X to the set of complex numbers, which is a completely different mathematical entity.

• +1
Reactions: rl⠀
Do you still think about your mortality? coping with vikings?

I'm kinda on the same page here. IMO, the statement "X x X - 1 = ℂ" is false because it equates the result of a mathematical operation, specifically multiplication, to a set of numbers, the complex numbers. However, the two sides of the equation are not comparable.
Let's break down the statement:
  1. X x X - 1: This represents the result of multiplying the variable X by itself (X x X) and then subtracting 1 from that product. In mathematical notation, this can be represented as X^2 - 1.
  2. ℂ: This symbol represents the set of complex numbers.
The problem here is that X^2 - 1 is an algebraic expression that depends on the value of X, whereas ℂ represents an entire set of numbers with both real and imaginary components.

The set of complex numbers (ℂ) includes all numbers of the form a + bi, where "a" and "b" are real numbers and "i" is the imaginary unit (√-1). Complex numbers cannot be directly equated to algebraic expressions that depend on a single variable, like X^2 - 1.
To illustrate this further, let's consider some examples:
  1. If X = 2:X x X - 1 = 2 x 2 - 1 = 3ℂ = {a + bi} where a, b ∈ ℝ
The value of X^2 - 1 is 3, which is a real number. However, ℂ represents a set of complex numbers, not just a single value.
  1. If X = 3:X x X - 1 = 3 x 3 - 1 = 8ℂ = {a + bi} where a, b ∈ ℝ
The value of X^2 - 1 is 8, which, again, is a real number. However, it still doesn't correspond to the entire set of complex numbers.
Therefore, we can see that the statement "X x X - 1 = ℂ" is invalid and cannot be considered true because it compares an algebraic expression involving X to the set of complex numbers, which is a completely different mathematical entity.
this schizo is talking tk himself

just downloaded witcher
Are you still on the edge and cope with tv shows like the vikings to cope with your mortality? or you watch / play the witcher cuz

Are you still on the edge and cope with tv shows like the vikings to cope with your mortality? or you watch / play the witcher cuz

nah, joking aside, i've had my tv on for maybe 3 hours in the last 2 months.

made a huge leap with my law firm so i became obsessed with that and a couple of girls i'm seeing

i dont play video games. played fifa/nba with friends before and that's it.

• +1
Reactions: JackTheKnife
only way to have a good conversation in this shithole

@_MVP_ could be another good guy to talk to, but his nurses probably sedated him for the day

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 16275

1. schizoid, not schizo. retard.
2. rl is a different person, the mods can easily check the IPs.
3. I have you blocked. Dravidian tier looksmax user.

The given statement, "X x X - 1 = ℂ" seems to be a misinterpretation or confusion of mathematical terms. Let's break it down:

- "X x X - 1" appears to be an algebraic expression, where "X" is a variable, and the operation is to square X (X times X) and subtract 1.

- "ℂ" typically denotes the set of all complex numbers, which is an infinite set of numbers in the form a + bi, where a and b are real numbers and i is the square root of -1.

An algebraic expression like "X x X - 1" represents a single number (whether real or complex), depending on the value of X, while ℂ represents a set of infinite numbers. Therefore, it's logically false to equate an expression representing a single number to a set representing infinite numbers.

The statement could be made correct by saying "X x X - 1 ∈ ℂ" which means the result of the expression "X x X - 1" belongs to the set of all complex numbers, since the set of complex numbers contains all real numbers and all values of "X x X - 1" are real.

• JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 16275 and Deleted member 33275
The given statement, "X x X - 1 = ℂ" seems to be a misinterpretation or confusion of mathematical terms. Let's break it down:

- "X x X - 1" appears to be an algebraic expression, where "X" is a variable, and the operation is to square X (X times X) and subtract 1.

- "ℂ" typically denotes the set of all complex numbers, which is an infinite set of numbers in the form a + bi, where a and b are real numbers and i is the square root of -1.

An algebraic expression like "X x X - 1" represents a single number (whether real or complex), depending on the value of X, while ℂ represents a set of infinite numbers. Therefore, it's logically false to equate an expression representing a single number to a set representing infinite numbers.

The statement could be made correct by saying "X x X - 1 ∈ ℂ" which means the result of the expression "X x X - 1" belongs to the set of all complex numbers, since the set of complex numbers contains all real numbers and all values of "X x X - 1" are real.

this got me thinking, ngl