Psilocybin/magic mushroom Legal Status

D

Deleted member 47272

Synaesthesia
  • Psilocybin/magic mushroom Legal Status📈📉
  • 300px Cubensisnaturalhabitat 2

• Austria: Psilocybin containing mushrooms are illegal to possess in dried form, to sell and to offer, give or get somebody under the SMG (Suchtmittelgesetz Österreich). It is illegal to grow them with the intention of "producing psychotropic substances" (as psilocin and psilocybin) mentioned in BGBl. III Nr. 148/1997 .
  • Bahamas: Psilocybin mushrooms are legal to possess, grow, and consume.[citation needed]
  • Brazil: Possession, production and sale is illegal as it is listed on Portaria SVS/MS nº 344, but mushrooms fall under religious use laws.[citation needed]
  • British Virgin Isles: The sale of mushrooms is illegal, but possession and consumption is legal.[citation needed]
  • Bulgari: The sale of mushrooms is illegal, but possession and consumption is legal.[citation needed]
  • Belgium: Possession and sale of mushrooms have been illegal since 1988.[citation needed]
  • Canada: Psilocybin and psilocin are illegal to possess, obtain or produce without a prescription or license as they are Schedule III under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act; however, dried psilocybin mushrooms are openly sold on dozens of Canadian websites. Spores and growing kits are legal to possess.
  • Czech Republic: The distribution (including sale) of mushrooms is illegal, but consumption is legal. The possession of over 40 hallucinogenic caps is considered a crime if they contain more than 50mg of psilocin or the corresponding amount of psilocybin. The possession of more than 40g of hallucinogenic mycelium is considered a crime. If these limits are not exceeded, the act is considered a minor offense and a fine of up to 15 thousand CZK may be imposed.
  • Cyprus: Psilocybin mushrooms are illegal to possess, grow, sale, and consume.[citation needed]
  • Denmark: Psilocybin mushrooms are illegal to possess, grow, sale, and consume.[citation needed]
  • Finland: Psilocybin mushrooms are illegal to possess, grow, sale, and consume.[citation needed]
  • Germany: Psilocybin is illegal to produce, possess or sale under Schedule I of the Narcotics Act (Anlage I BtMG). Consumption is not illegal. The mushroom and spores by itself are not illegal and only become illegal when containing Psilocybin or Psilocin.
  • Greece: Psilocybin mushrooms are illegal to possess, grow, sale, and consume.[citation needed]
  • Ireland: Psilocybin mushrooms are illegal to possess, grow, sale, and consume.[citation needed]
  • Iceland: The sale of Psilocybin mushrooms is illegal, but possession and consumption is legal.
  • India: Psilocybin mushrooms are illegal to possess, grow, sale, and consume. However, it is reported that many police departments in undeveloped areas are unaware of the prohibition.
  • Japan: Psilocybin mushrooms are illegal to possess, grow, sale, and consume.[citation needed]
  • Latvia: Hallucinogenic mushrooms, psilocin and psilocybin are Schedule I controlled substances.
  • Luxembourg: Psilocybin is a prohibited substance.
  • Mexico: The possession, growth, sale and consumption of mushrooms is illegal. Rules are relaxed regarding religious use however.[citation needed]
  • The Netherlands: The possession, growth, sale and consumption of mushrooms is illegal. However, due to a legal loophole, psilocybin truffles can be legally possessed, grown, sold and consumed.[citation needed]
  • New Zealand : Psilocybin is a Class A substance.[citation needed]
  • Norway: Possession, growth, sale and consumption of mushrooms is illegal. Spores, even though not containing psilocybin, are also illegal.[citation needed]
  • Sweden: Sveriges riksdag added psilocybin mushrooms to schedule I ("substances, plant materials and fungi which normally do not have medical use") as narcotics in Sweden as of Aug 1, 1999, published by Medical Products Agency.
  • Switzerland: Mushrooms of the species Conocybe, Panaeolus, Psilocybe and Stropharia are controlled under Verzechnis D.
  • Turkey: The possession, growth, sale and consumption of mushrooms is illegal.[citation needed]
  • United Kingdom: According to the 2005 Drugs Act, fresh and prepared psilocybin mushrooms are Class A.
  • United States: Psilocybin and psilocin are Schedule I drugs under the Controlled Substances Act of 1970. This means it is illegal to manufacture, buy, possess, process, or distribute without a license from the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).Several US states and cities have decriminalised Psilocybin mushrooms.
  • Oregon: Oregon Measure 109 legalized the use of Psilocybin mushrooms to licensed service providers administering to individuals 21 years of age or older.
    1. Colorado: Colorado proposition 122 legalizes psychedelic plants and fungi for adults age 21

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: 5.5psl
@the MOUSE @BigJimsWornOutTires

@KING REIDYZ @chosen-one @Abhorrence

ahah illegal my ass sorry officer I picked the wrong mushroom I didn't realize they were poisonous 🥺👉👈

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 47272