Pursuing a career in IT is not an option if you want to ascend

T

TIONDRIC

Iron
In the last months I realised, that studying IT or working as programmer just isn't going well together with looksmaxxing and general social prestige. ITcels are always treated like geeks, nerds and weirdos, because most of them are. IT-Skills are associated with isolating oneself, doing weird stuff on your computer all the time and playing video games rather than going out. I am not trying to paint a negative picture of gamers tho as there is per se nothing wrong with that. It's just the negative picture society puts on these kind of things. I could rant for hours about this, but I don't want to put a roadblock in my own way. Guess I'll have to study something different.

I am actually really happy I realised this before it was too late.

Imagine basing critical life choices on other people's opinions.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 14262, sorrowfulsad, Arvenas and 6 others
Chad pewdiepie plays games all day and they paid him millions. Just be chad theory

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5292, Deleted member 11758 and TIONDRIC
below the sea floor level iq

not even going to explain why this is retarded

• +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic and highT
who cares when you are getting paid hundreds and thousands

below the sea floor level iq

not even going to explain why this is retarded
Ye you are probably right. I'm just basing this decision on my observations and interactions I had.

who cares when you are getting paid hundreds and thousands
Getting a degree in management and economics is no that unprofitable either tho.

This. If I wouldn't care what others think I would not be here.
Then again basing how you are going to be spending your life is completely different to how you decide to present yourself to others. Avoiding a job you genuinely find interesting because of perception is the easiest path to misery and is down right pathetic.

Getting a degree in management and economics is no that unprofitable either tho.
Why would you do something you don't enjoy though?
People's opinions are important for your mental health contrary to popular belief
We know this however doing a job which will take up a significant portion of your waking life basically meaning that if you do something you don't like will completely negate any benefits from social situations

Literally though, but if we are being honest that is the entire of looksmax
Looksmaxxing is about trying achieve your highest potential and looking better.
Not about transitioning into a female because they are treated better.
People's opinions are important for your mental health contrary to popular belief
To a certain extent.
You can be a little beta people's pleaser or you can do what's going to benefit you.

Jfl at not going into IT because muh social prestige.

Why would you do something you don't enjoy though?

We know this however doing a job which will take up a significant portion of your waking life basically meaning that if you do something you don't like will completely negate any benefits from social situations
Didn't say I don't enjoy that. My brain just did a 360 after actually working in the IT field. Economics was actually my second choice

Terrible reasoning. Any job should be viewed simply as a means to an end- not your identity. Does it make good money? Are you good at it? Do you not hate doing it? Those are the questions you should be asking, not whether or not it is perceived as “cool” or “nerdy” or whatever the fuck.

Terrible reasoning. Any job should be viewed simply as a means to an end- not your identity. Does it make good money? Are you good at it? Do you not hate doing it? Those are the questions you should be asking, not whether or not it is perceived as “cool” or “nerdy” or whatever the fuck.
Yeah that's how it should be, but I think we can agree that this isn't the case.

Didn't say I don't enjoy that. My brain just did a 360 after actually working in the IT field. Economics was actually my second choice
That is completely separate to the point you were making. You would have been happy working that but suggesting people ditch their dream job over perception is stupid.

If you can put food on a plate back home then it is fine.
Yeah that makes sense to be honest, I would say the ideal is a job that doesn't feel like a job but otherwise it is a mean to an end

• +1
Reactions: highT and TIONDRIC
Career in IncelTears?

• +1
Reactions: TIONDRIC
Just do what you love

its better to be surrounded by subhumans then by chads or stacies (that you cant have) at work. i cant imagine the pain going to work and getting mogged into oblivion daily. imagine being an 50 year old baldcel uni professor who gets mogged by chads and sees unreachable prime stacies daily. no thanks.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5634