Push pull legs or upper lower

Deleted member 14917

Deleted member 14917

Silver
What do you guys prefer for workout routine?

• +1
Reactions: thecel and randomuser2407
My current program is this:

Upper:

Yates Rows 4x8-12
Overhead Press 4x6-10
Bench Press 4x6-10
Skullcrushers 3x8-12
Barbell Curls 3x8-12

Lower:

Squats 3x6-10
Deadlifts 3x6-10

With this, I am able to progress at a very good speed and I am able to recover from my workouts too.

The main problem with push pull legs is that you have to do a lot of junk volume to compensate for having such a low frequency but it can still be effective, it's just less effective than upper lower, unless you are on steroids and have access to lots of machines.

I mainly focus on compound movements because that is all that my home gym equipment allows me to do, and because it's more effective for naturals.

• Love it
Reactions: CyberPsychodelic and thecel

Upper:

Yates Rows 4x8-12
Overhead Press 4x6-10
Bench Press 4x6-10
Skullcrushers 3x8-12
Barbell Curls 3x8-12

Lower:

Squats 3x6-10
Deadlifts 3x6-10

With this, I am able to progress at a very good speed and I am able to recover from my workouts too.

The main problem with push pull legs is that you have to do a lot of junk volume to compensate for having such a low frequency but it can still be effective, it's just less effective than upper lower, unless you are on steroids and have access to lots of machines.

I mainly focus on compound movements because that is all that my home gym equipment allows me to do, and because it's more effective for naturals.
Sounds like a really solid program. I can't deadlift and squat on the same day. I feel like it takes too much out of me

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Sounds like a really solid program. I can't deadlift and squat on the same day. I feel like it takes too much out of me
It's doable if you do only those 2 lifts, it's just that at first, it will be very difficult but you'll get used to it after a few workouts.

The key to getting rid of leg soreness (aka leg day pain) is to train your legs at least 2 times per week, because frequency gets rid of soreness.

Also, a workout with only those 2 lifts will give you an amazing lower body if you do them properly, and that lower body workout takes only 1h, and most of the time is spent warming up or resting, because you need around 5 minute rest intervals in between sets to make progress. To pass the time, I watch youtube videos from some fitness youtubers that I really like.

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Deleted member 14917
What do you guys prefer for workout routine?
tbh for ppl w shitty genetics full body 3x+ frequency is optimal for maintaining muscle protein synthesis round the clock every 48 hours

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14917
Push pull no legs

Upper:

Yates Rows 4x8-12
Overhead Press 4x6-10
Bench Press 4x6-10
Skullcrushers 3x8-12
Barbell Curls 3x8-12

Lower:

Squats 3x6-10
Deadlifts 3x6-10

What about exercises that target side delts and rear delts?

What about exercises that target side delts and rear delts?
They are good as isolation lifts if you have time for them and if they don't negatively affect your main lift (the overhead press). The main lift is the most important because it's faster to progress on it because it involves more muscles at the same time, that's why programs should focus on compound movements. But without isolation lifts, you would end up with so many weaknesses, especially in the arms, because the biceps and triceps don't get enough growth from the compound movements.

• +1
Reactions: thecel