Putting An End To "Is what I see in the mirror really me?" EVERYONE GTFIH

Sal

Sal

Nobody really likes us except for us
Overview
Since the age of new technology we really started questioning if how we look in the mirror is how people truly see us. Because if its not, then why should we use the mirror to help us with things like getting ready for example. And finding out what one truly looks like is really important to a lot of people because our brains are programmed to always find faults with our image. If you get the hottest girl in the world and ask her what's one thing she could change about herself if she could, SHE WOULD GIVE YOU A NEVER ENDING LIST. Even average normal people battle with body dysmorphia so this is why this question needs to be answered.

Basically what happens in mirrors is that when you look in the mirror you see the reflected or "flipped" image. It's likely when you look at photos it just looks off because it's not what you're used to seeing when you look at yourself. Your mind thinks it looks bad because all of the proportions are opposite of your mental image of yourself.
An illustration to demonstrate how the eye works for those failingschoolcels

The problem with the reflected image we see in photos (snapchat) or mirrors is not just the "you're just not used to this" effect, but that our brain is actually overcorrecting the wrong side.

Lets say your true left eye is a tiny bit higher than the right eye. So looking in the mirror you would see the eye on your true left side a bit higher. But because our brains crave symmetry and auto corrects our self image to look more favorable, our brain is used to correcting that eye on your left side down a bit, to match the right eye.

Now when you take a picture and look at it, the eye you see on your left side is actually your true right eye (which is a bit lower than the true left one) But your brain is so used to correcting the eye on your left down, that now that the true right eye which is already a bit lower, gets corrected down even more, making it look horribly assymetrical.

Well the truth of the matter is we don't look like what's in the mirror. I know shocker. HOWEVER we also don't look like what is in the inverted image of ourselves.
We are a mix between the Mirror and Inverted picture. Now I've run an experiment with this new method I found out.

TLDR METHOD TO FIGURE OUT WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE

1. Download True Mirror! on the appstore (Idk about google playstore)

2. Open the App and USE THE FRONT CAMERA
You are now looking at the inverted you. But its not actually you yet.

3. Go to a bathroom mirror and turn your camera around so the front camera is facing the mirror and the back camera is facing you.
Example: (not my nokia lol)

4. Take the picture let it compute and that's you.
Example:

Conclusion / Findings
I've done this experiment. Where I went up to family, friends, and even co-workers, where I showed them my face in 3 photos (Mirror picture, Inverted picture, and lastly a photo using this method). Not one of them said I looked like the mirror photo or the inverted. That might just be me though. Try it out and ask a family member which picture you look like.

Till next time.

Tagging the gang.
@looksmaxxer234 @Ryan @Salludon @Amnesia @ArvidGustavsson @gamma @kjsbdfiusdf @volcelfatcel @Biggdink @AlexAP @Warlow @thecel @sandcelmuttcel

• +1
  • Woah
  • Hmm...
Reactions: NebulaExplorer, Niksy, m0ss26 and 25 others
Oh ok, thanks for the enlightenment 🙏🏽

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Sal
I’ve tried this. Looks almost the same.

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: brucewayne78, Deleted member 15827, Aqua and 13 others
  • +1
Reactions: Aqua, Preoximerianas, 5'8manlet and 3 others
I’ve tried this. Looks almost the same.
You're too hot for this shit man

Sad Sterling K Brown GIF by This Is Us

You too gorgeous man, fr. Even your inverted mogs everyone

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 19994, gribsufer1, Aqua and 2 others
This makes no sense why should you dont look like you in a foto form far away.

Also mirror pictures are pictures of your reflection through a camera lense.
Like that's how your reflection looks like through the camera lens not your eyes. Its not the brain corrected image.
How can it not be the real you ?

• +1
Reactions: Senssei and zikzog
for others you look the same when they see you irl, irl in mirror or from a mirror pic. only for your brain it is different:ogre:

• +1
Reactions: 5'8manlet, cutecel, WhiteGoodman and 6 others
Also mirror pictures are pictures of your reflection through a camera lense.
Like that's how your reflection looks like through the camera lens not your eyes. Its not the brain corrected image.
How can it not be the real you ?
Basic optics my friend. Eyes are subjective, whereas cameras on the other hand are objective when it comes to things like Image focusing or light adjustment for example.

Eyes however work in harmony with your brain to create the images you perceive: Your eyes are adjusting the focus (by bending the light through the lens in your eyeballs) and translating photons (light) into an electrical impulse your brain can process.

Long story short, its been proven that what you look at in the mirror or through snapchat (idk about other apps) is not what you actually look like but rather a reflection. And this reflection is not representative to what you actually look like

for others you look the same when they see you irl, irl in mirror or from a mirror pic. only for your brain it is different:ogre:
Bingo. To other people they are always seeing your inverted reflected image of you. Its becomes a problem when we try to figure out how we look like to other people. And because we grew up looking at ourselves in the mirror our brain has had years to overcompensate for the tiniest of asymmetries in our faces and correct them.

Which is why some people actually look way better in person than in photos

• +1
Reactions: .👽.
Lol this is some good shit my eyebrows even look better :love:

• +1
Reactions: Sal
Basic optics my friend. Eyes are subjective, whereas cameras on the other hand are objective when it comes to things like Image focusing or light adjustment for example.

Eyes however work in harmony with your brain to create the images you perceive: Your eyes are adjusting the focus (by bending the light through the lens in your eyeballs) and translating photons (light) into an electrical impulse your brain can process.

Long story short, its been proven that what you look at in the mirror or through snapchat (idk about other apps) is not what you actually look like but rather a reflection. And this reflection is not representative to what you actually look like
Thats not what iam talking about. Iam talking about making a photo of your reflection in the mirror.
Shouldn't that give you a picture of your reflection without the brain correcting its flaws. Giving you your original reflection.
Obviously its inverted but that doesn't make a huge difference.
As i understand it, the reason why the reflection doesn't look like the real you is because our brain is adjusting our face by erasing asymmetries.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Senssei
Thats not what iam talking about. Iam talking about making a photo of your reflection in the mirror.
Shouldn't that give you a picture of your reflection without the brain correcting its flaws. Giving you your original reflection.
Obviously its inverted but that doesn't make a huge difference.
As i understand it, the reason why the reflection doesn't look like the real you is because our brain is adjusting our face by erasing asymmetries.
So you dont need that mirror app

Shouldn't that give you a picture of your reflection without the brain correcting its flaws.
Yes that will give you a reflected image of yourself which is not yourself. That's the point.
Our entire lives when we looked into the mirror we never saw what we truly looked like.
We saw a reflected image of our selves. Not what we look like to others.

Yes that will give you a reflected image of yourself which is not yourself. That's the point.
Our entire lives when we looked into the mirror we never saw what we truly looked like.
so we look worse for others

but its not corrected, its captured by the camera so its only inverted but assymetries are not corrected.
So its very easy to imagine how you really look like.
Just switch sides.
There will be no huge difference.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Senssei
yeah we'll see

so we look worse for others
It depends on the person and what their mental image of themselves are. But no surprisingly. We don't look at good as the mirror image nor as bad as the inverted image. Somewhere closer to your mirror but with some asymmetries still

• +1
Reactions: .👽.
  • +1
Tried it. Looks the same as a mirror.

• +1
Reactions: cutecel, MrGlutton, Deleted member 7098 and 2 others
Looks the same but my camera quality is shit so idk

• +1
aight I tried it, hopefully it's the real image, but I'm not sweating it
Yeah, I don't think anyone looks worse or as bad as when they look into the inverted version of themselves. The inverted image make people look like utter shit. But this method shows what you realistically look like and its crazy how close it is to your mental picture of yourself but also not exactly that image you have in your head about yourself.

• +1
Reactions: Looks234
A picture is either inverted or true lol. Doing some app with a mirror isn't doing anything special.

If you have a picture of yourself and you notice one eye lower than the other, it is, and you need surgery to fix it. If you notice your nose going off to one side, it is, you need surgery.

People still think symmetry is bluepilled bc normies preach it, y'all need to take the symmetry pill.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: cutecel, mecmec and datboijj
People always see you the same way, you look the same to them in all conditions (photos, mirrored image, IRL.)
I've confirmed this many times by taking photos of my family members. They all claim they look weird, fat or ugly in photos, but they they always look the same to me.

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: Enfant terrible and datboijj
can't you just take a basic mirror picture to get rid of lens distortion and then mirror the picture you took in the picture settings?

23DA2EC9 9F24 4019 8BB1 95C93B47256E

• +1
Reactions: FuckassBitchass
I just did this and look a lot worse in every way. I feel horrible rn ngl :feelswhy:

• +1
Reactions: Mewton
I just did this and look a lot worse in every way. I feel horrible rn ngl :feelswhy:
I just did it again and am back to looking good im losing my mind.

Sorry to spam but what if I look good in the arms length away iphone front camera pictures and videos? does that mean I'm good? Since that's apparently the worse one for some people. Don't look very asym in those either

A picture is either inverted or true lol. Doing some app with a mirror isn't doing anything special.

If you have a picture of yourself and you notice one eye lower than the other, it is, and you need surgery to fix it. If you notice your nose going off to one side, it is, you need surgery.

People still think symmetry is bluepilled bc normies preach it, y'all need to take the symmetry pill.
Symmetry is one of the least important parts of aesthetics. Imagine blackops2cel completely symmetrical, still very ugly.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: zipzam, cutecel and Slob
Symmetry is one of the least important parts of aesthetics. Imagine blackops2cel completely symmetrical, still very ugly.
He's pretty symmetrical. That's obviously not his issue. Are you retarded?

Sorry to spam but what if I look good in the arms length away iphone front camera pictures and videos? does that mean I'm good? Since that's apparently the worse one for some people. Don't look very asym in those either
There’s no way to tell, you could be narcy as shit for all we know and deluding yourself into thinking you look good, or the opposite and you’re gigachad with bdd who thinks he’s worse looking than he is.

Don’t worry about the ratings on here, if you’re going to get surgery or something then sure the ratings here can be helpful, but otherwise, base it ONLY on your experiences with women, that’s your true rating

• +1
Reactions: mecmec
He's pretty symmetrical. That's obviously not his issue. Are you retarded?
Lol, are you? “Muh take the symmetry pill even though one of the ugliest incels alive is symmetrical”

there’s symmetrical incels and asymmetrical chads, pick a different pill

I’m symmetrical btw, before you try to cope with that

• +1
Reactions: Slob
Lol, are you? “Muh take the symmetry pill even though one of the ugliest incels alive is symmetrical”

there’s symmetrical incels and asymmetrical chads, pick a different pill
Everyone is asymmetrical. Obviously what I'm talking about is symmetry within a certain tolerance. This thread is created by somebody that isn't aware of their asymmetry which is a big issue I've seen in psl. People think symmetry doesn't matter at all and they ignore it completely when it's one of their biggest issues.

That being said there are no chads that are asymmetrical, it doesn't exist.

Everyone is asymmetrical. Obviously what I'm talking about is symmetry within a certain tolerance. This thread is created by somebody that isn't aware of their asymmetry which is a big issue I've seen in psl. People think symmetry doesn't matter at all and they ignore it completely when it's one of their biggest issues.

That being said there are no chads that are asymmetrical, it doesn't exist.
Sean o’pry’s eye area is pretty asymmetrical, thom yorke is probably the biggest example of someone who was considered gl when he was young despite insane asymmetry, actually scratch that, bradley cooper

but to be honest I’ve only seen asymmetry be an actual problem when one side looks like ass and the other looks good, if both sides looked good but not identical I can’t see that being an issue.

• +1
Reactions: Senssei and Slob
Sean o’pry’s eye area is pretty asymmetrical, thom yorke is probably the biggest example of someone who was considered gl when he was young despite insane asymmetry, actually scratch that, bradley cooper
Sean's isn't bad. He doesn't have a big vertical pupillary dystopia. It's minimal, and he would look better without it. Thom Yorke and Bradley Cooper have the most asymmetry you can have and still be accepted (they have minimal asymmetry). They would also look better if they didn't have it.
but to be honest I’ve only seen asymmetry be an actual problem when one side looks like ass and the other looks good, if both sides looked good but not identical I can’t see that being an issue.
You can't look good with bad asymmetry ever. You can look good with bad features and good symmetry and midface though.

Sean's isn't bad. He doesn't have a big vertical pupillary dystopia. It's minimal, and he would look better without it. Thom Yorke and Bradley Cooper have the most asymmetry you can have and still be accepted (they have minimal asymmetry). They would also look better if they didn't have it.

You can't look good with bad asymmetry ever. You can look good with bad features and good symmetry and midface though.
BRADLEY COOPER and THOM YORKE have MINIMAL ASYMMETRY and the MOST YOU CAN HAVE AND STILL BE GOOD?
jfl it's easy to win arguments when you just make up rules on the spot so you're always technically correct

just no, to all of this
"n-no I wasn't t-talking about THAT kind of asymmetry.. I meant.. the other.. kind.."

basically your symmetry pill is really the "don't be literally deformed pill" and thom yorke damn near breaks that

Last edited:
  • +1
BRADLEY COOPER and THOM YORKE have MINIMAL ASYMMETRY and the MOST YOU CAN HAVE AND STILL BE GOOD?
jfl it's easy to win arguments when you just make up rules on the spot so you're always technically correct

just no, to all of this
"n-no I wasn't t-talking about THAT kind of asymmetry.. I meant.. the other.. kind.."

basically your symmetry pill is really the "don't be literally deformed pill" and thom yorke damn near breaks that
I didn't make those rules up lol. They wouldn't be famous if they broke them.

Most celebs have top tier symmetry, some have average like the ones you mentioned.

Most people on this site have average to below average symmetry but completely overlook it. (including you)

I didn't make those rules up lol. They wouldn't be famous if they broke them.

Most celebs have top tier symmetry, some have average like the ones you mentioned.

Most people on this site have average to below average symmetry but completely overlook it. (including you)
you are absolutely delusional if you think the average person is walking around as asymmetrical as THOM YORKE, and BRADLEY COOPER, they're extremely asymmetrical, more asymmetrical than that and you have an actual medical problem on your hands, and I mean Thom Yorke just DOES have a medical problem causing his.

most celebrities have the same types of asymmetries as the absolute vast majority of people, minor ones, because being good looking is almost entirely down to your eye area and jaw to be honest, and symmetry is probably the smallest part of that. Tom Cruise's face is even all slanted to shit and he's still gl, it's a cope.

• +1
Reactions: Senssei and autistic_tendencies
you are absolutely delusional if you think the average person is walking around as asymmetrical as THOM YORKE, and BRADLEY COOPER, they're extremely asymmetrical, more asymmetrical than that and you have an actual medical problem on your hands, and I mean Thom Yorke just DOES have a medical problem causing his.
I thought you were confused but you're just coping tbh. Bradleys is just orbital dystopia, Thom Yorke looks weird lol he doesn't support your theory.

The average person has nose asymmetry, slight orbital dystopia, and maxillary cant. And yes it's worse than theirs.

There are trends on TikTok made by normies with hundreds of thousands of videos where they point out their asymmetries.

I thought you were confused but you're just coping tbh. Bradleys is just orbital dystopia, Thom Yorke looks weird lol he doesn't support your theory.

The average person has nose asymmetry, slight orbital dystopia, and maxillary cant. And yes it's worse than theirs.

There are trends on TikTok made by normies with hundreds of thousands of videos where they point out their asymmetries.
it's the opposite, you're coping that the average person looks different than they actually do. What am I coping about, exactly? I have above average symmetry, I look the same in a true mirror vs. a regular mirror etc, I have nothing at all to cope about in regards to this. if I was coping I'd be on your side tbh

meanwhile you're over here focusing on this small part of aesthetics (a part which you're probably above average in, if I had to guess) and saying the average person is MORE asymmetrical than THOM YORKE and BRADLEY COOPER, who are both literally known for being asymmetrical. I really don't think I'm the one coping.

• +1
How do you know its its average asymmetry ? (The one which everyone has) and your brain is just tricking you instead of being an actual asymmetric subhuman :ROFLMAO:

Did the method from the post and my asymmetry wasn't even that bad tbh but that might have been because of shitty lighting and shittier mirror :feelsuhh:

• +1
legit

• +1
I too have this one eye higher than other asymmetry fuck

Can someone please tell me which app would be best to use for Google Play

Holy shit i tried the true mirror app and i look 10 times worse and more asymetric than with my snapchat selfies.

• JFL
Reactions: Informationcapitali, Sal and Deleted member 19766
Holy shit i tried the true mirror app and i look 10 times worse and more asymetric than with my snapchat selfies.
You're such a fucking dumbass do the method he said did you even read the thread

• +1