Quercetin + caffeine = OTC adderall

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
I had an energy drink about 10 minutes ago after taking 500 mg of quercetin. Terrible idea, feeling as if I had 10 cups of coffee in a row and I do have quite a tolerance to caffeine. On the bright side tho, I'm as awake as it gets at 5 am

According to studies, quercetin potently inhibits caffeine clearance and paraxanthine formation via inhibition of CYP1A2 activity. In layman's terms, quercetin potentiates and possibly also prolongs the effects of caffeine. Might be interesting for people with high caffeine tolerance or if you need a real boost, want to pull an all-nighter etc.

@Rush you mentioned you get no effects from caffeine, perhaps you'd like to try it with quercetin?

• +1
Reactions: thegoat, Lars, ChristianChad and 1 other person

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670
can you get enough quercetin from a natural source for this affect

Just take Thyroid T3

can you get enough quercetin from a natural source for this affect
Probably not. You'd need to eat more than 3.5 lbs of onions for the same amount of quercetin as in one 500 mg capsule

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670
Probably not. You'd need to eat more than 3.5 lbs of onions for the same amount of quercetin as in one 500 mg capsule
is it worth taking

all I know is it's an antioxidant

is it worth taking

all I know is it's an antioxidant
I'd say so. Quercetin has a myriad of health benefits and virtually no side effects. Wouldn't use it every day tho, only when needed

• +1
Reactions: Idontknowlol and Deleted member 9670
I'd say so. Quercetin has a myriad of health benefits and virtually no side effects. Wouldn't use it every day tho, only when needed

Why not everyday? That shit makes me feel good, in almost manic state

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Bewusst and Deleted member 9670
Why not everyday? That shit makes me feel good, in almost manic state
Because I see no reason to take it every day, unless your diet is garbage. If you feel like you benefit from taking it daily, keep doing what you're doing. Won't hurt at least

• +1
Reactions: Idontknowlol
Is it euphoric like adderall or just stimulating?
Can you take lower doses of caffeine for the same effect?

Is it euphoric like adderall or just stimulating?
Can you take lower doses of caffeine for the same effect?
Quercetin decelerates the metabolism of caffeine, which means stronger effects at lower doses that also last longer. I intentionally exaggerated in the title. Of course it isn't anything like adderall since caffeine and amphetamines have completely different mechanisms of action

There are a bunch of other substances that increase caffeine's effects, the problem is they tend to be pretty expensive, so it's cheaper to just take more caffeine...

There are a bunch of other substances that increase caffeine's effects, the problem is they tend to be pretty expensive, so it's cheaper to just take more caffeine...
Quercetin is incredibly cheap. I bought a bottle of 500 mg pills last year in December for 15 bucks and there's still a about a quarter left in it