Question about hair transplant

D

Deleted member 45672

Silver
I was wondering if it was possible to get a full head of hair through hairtransplant when fully bald or there is not enough donor hair ? If it’s not possible why would people even do a slight transplant since the reste of their hair will be gone someday

I was wondering if it was possible to get a full head of hair through hairtransplant when fully bald or there is not enough donor hair ? If it’s not possible why would people even do a slight transplant since the reste of their hair will be gone someday
I think that would mainly depend on the quality of the donor region. If you have 6000 grafts available in your donor and are a Norwood 6, it might take all the grafts - ans even with that, you might still have to create a receded hairline design.

In regards to the second part of your question, let's say a person started balding when they were 20. By 25, they were a Norwood 3, and by 30 a Norwood 4. They then decide to start taking finasteride or dutasteride with minoxidil. This might mean that they could potentially stay at that same Norwood 4 for decades. At that point, a hair transplant might be worth it. Yes, they will still lose the rest of their hair someday, but that could be decades into the future. As long as you're taking the proper steps to "stop the bleeding" in regards to hairloss, I don't think a transplant is a bad idea.

Fully bald? I'm pretty certain you are fucked although I seen a few posts about using body hair but I'm sure that would look awful. Also slight transplants would still be worth it if you are fin as it should prevent any further recession.