question about mse + fm

PubertyMaxxer

PubertyMaxxer

Face, Height, Frame, Dick
while the mse expands your maxilla the facemask moves the maxilla up and forward.
what is about the mandible though? doesnt the mandible get pushed back by the facemask ?
also will an ORTHODONTIST be able to do it or only jaw surgeons?
@CopeAndRope

while the mse expands your maxilla the facemask moves the maxilla up and forward.
what is about the mandible though? doesnt the mandible get pushed back by the facemask ?
also will an ORTHODONTIST be able to do it or only jaw surgeons?
@CopeAndRope
The lower jaw follows the maxilla's displacement. Those facemask that are placed on the chin are used to fix the overbite of the lower jaw by keeping it in place while the maxilla move forward.

You need a neck brace based facepuller that doesn't push on any point of the face.

Yes, an orthodontist can do it, but it depends on his set of beliefs.

Most old school orthos believe that after a certain age your sutures close and you can't affect them anymore. So they send you straight to the butcher, I mean the surgeon.

I personally don't reccomend a surgery for the maxilla. There's a high risk the result will be "off" or weird depending on the skill of the surgeon on cutting and stitching you back up.

I prefer a more natural way with facepuller, mse, etc..

• +1
Reactions: SayNoToRotting
The lower jaw follows the maxilla's displacement. Those facemask that are placed on the chin are used to fix the overbite of the lower jaw by keeping it in place while the maxilla move forward.

You need a neck brace based facepuller that doesn't push on any point of the face.

Most old school orthos believe that after a certain age your sutures close and you can't affect them anymore. So they send you straight to the butcher, I mean the surgeon.

I personally don't reccomend a surgery for the maxilla. There's a high risk the result will be "off" or weird depending on the skill of the surgeon on cutting and stitching you back up.

What's MSE?

You need to build a facemask that uses the neck as a counterbalance force rather than the forehead and chin.

Are people going to the ortho for their mse where are they getting them?

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer and SayNoToRotting
my ortho said, only the jaw surgeon can install my mse into my maxilla
That's not true. You need someone that has installed 50 MSEs before you. and you can find a jaw surgeon that has never touched this type of appliance in his life. You don't want your face to be his first training session, right?