Question about palatal expansion

Germania

Germania

Kraken
What does this mean? What they will do exactly?

"Palatal expansion can also be used in adults. Here, the side walls of the upper jaw are surgically weakened beforehand by means of an operation. Ideally, GNE in adults is not performed with a tooth-borne anchorage, but with a distractor anchored directly in the jawbone of the palate. After this preparation, it can be expanded in both adults and children. The method is particularly useful for patients with sleep-disordered breathing and for allergy sufferers."

i think they puncture holes with drills in your palatal suture to weaken it. im not sure tho tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6892 and KingScrew

• JFL
Reactions: JizzFarmer
they surgically cut your suture open to achieve more skeletal expansion

sounds very brutal and i am high inhib in such things
Surgically assisted rapid palatal expansion sarpe 21 638

• +1
Reactions: Introvertednarc
that's the pure blackpill

So to widen the maxilla there are two options?
surgery + palate expander
MSE (no real surgery)

right?
no you can get your suture cut open with mse aswell
mse doesnt guarantee suture opening altough there is a pretty high chance of it

no you can get your suture cut open with mse aswell
mse doesnt guarantee suture opening altough there is a pretty high chance of it
damn, i booked appointments with different orthodontist during september, let's see what they will say about my subhuman maxilla

• +1
Reactions: goat2x
Wait so nomral tooth borne palate expander are capable of the same as mse as long as the suture is open? tf

What does this mean? What they will do exactly?

"Palatal expansion can also be used in adults. Here, the side walls of the upper jaw are surgically weakened beforehand by means of an operation. Ideally, GNE in adults is not performed with a tooth-borne anchorage, but with a distractor anchored directly in the jawbone of the palate. After this preparation, it can be expanded in both adults and children. The method is particularly useful for patients with sleep-disordered breathing and for allergy sufferers."

I think they are using this for describing a SARPE / SARME.

• +1
Reactions: goat2x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back